Shocked about Tim Horton's & Weight Loss

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Used to drink about 8C of sweet tea/day. Even though it was very lightly sweetened, it added up. I saw that on MFP when I started using it. Over about a month I was able to replace half of that w/water, but do still drink about 4C/day for health reasons (the tea, not the sugar, but can't stand unsweetened tea). Thanks MFP and my MFP friends & their encouragement.
  • my hubby brings me a coffee every day after work and I just get him to get it black with milk and sugar on the side, goes from 210 calories to about 45!!!!!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Good news for any keurig owners, it looks like Timmy Ho's is now doing K cups YAY!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

LOL already on my second box :) Not quite as good as going there but pretty damn good! :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    According to MFP database it's 210 calories for a medium. That means she's drinking 630-840 calories a day.

I..... can't even imagine that.

That's more calories than a bottle of wine per day.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    I live in Florida and always have 1 - 2 huge cans of Tim Hortons in my back fridge......we drink it almost everyday......now, I know its not exactly like going to the place itself, but I can have any size I want with my low fat creamer and splenda and oooooh Yeahhhh buddy is that ever good! Nothing beats Timmy Ho's........
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    TH's has my favorite donut of all time- the melt-in-your-mouth honey cruller. I haven't had one in a LONG time. 375 calories for something that doesn't fill me up well and has negative nutritional value is a once-a-year treat.
    When I get coffee from there I get it black with Splenda or one of their sugar free syrups.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Are you really surprised that removing 3x coffees that have double cream and double sugar would cause weight loss?? lmao. Not to be rude but... double doubles are basically drinking a donut
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Double double... Milk and sweetener addict here.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Not only are the paninis high in cals they are gross and made with processed cheese. Mine tasted so nasty.
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Oh man.... this is why i brew my own with a french press. Yummy! AND at least 200cals less!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    I had to google to find out what a "double double" is. For the rest of you non-Canadians: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Double-Double

Forget about the calories, that's a lot of caffeine!!

P.S. Anyone else surprised how many Canadians there are on MFP?
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Is Tim Horton an east coast thing? I have never heard of it before.
  • stepplax
    stepplax Posts: 26
    According to MFP database it's 210 calories for a medium. That means she's drinking 630-840 calories a day.

I..... can't even imagine that.

That's more calories than a bottle of wine per day.

And additionally, you no longer care after the bottle of wine!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Hmmm, according to the Urban Dictionary, a "double double" means coffee with 2 creams and 2 sugars. If I enter it intot he MFP database, I get this:

Calories
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 3 cup (8 fl oz) 7
    Hood Half & Half Aseptic Creamer - Individual Half & Half Creamer, 2 Container (10mL) 30
    Domino - Individual Sugar Packet, 2 packet 30
    Add Food Quick Tools 67

Are the 2 creamers something other than those 2 little creamer cups? Is it 2 packets of sugar? Or 2 tablespoons?

P.S. I'm curious because I also have a coffee with 2 creamers in it (although I use Equal not sugar), so I hope this info is accurate!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    yuk.
    I hate tim hortons,
    get off that crap.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    I love my Timmy Ho's in the morning...can't go without it. But I drink it black so no calories here
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Is Tim Horton an east coast thing? I have never heard of it before.

Nope.. it's a very Canadian thing. But they do have many locations now in the Eastern states.
  • I think WA state has Tim Hortons as well. I use to live in N. MI so I had some Tim Hortons back then. Peet's is bad as well, if you get one of their "more than just coffee," drinks. They had one that sounded good, a chocolate drink, but when I saw that it was over 300 calories for a medium I decided to skip it. If you like sweet drinks, ask for half the flavor at coffee shops. They will still be "sweet" but less calories. It's what I do when the mood hits me. I don't use any sweetner when I make it at home though.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Love my Timmys. So glad I have finally gone black. :happy:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    double doubles are basically drinking a donut
    Haha, that's a good way to put it. I'd rather have the donut. :)
    Love my Timmys. So glad I have finally gone black. :happy:
    Their Americanos aren't bad, but that's about all I enjoy, drink-wise, if I have to go there (socially, with friends). Try one next time you go, if you haven't! They're pricier, though.