Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Do you send selfies to your significant other? How often do you do it? Do you expect a compliment back?

Yes. We spend 50% of our relationship apart because he leaves town for work every two weeks so I usually send one every day when he's gone. Mostly so he can see whatever I wore to work or my workout clothes, it's pretty mundane. The workout ones came in handy because over time I had progress pics. We used to live together so there was no point sending selfies, he saw me every day.

I don't expect a compliment. Occasionally I'll get one, or some sort of comment on the clothing.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Do you send selfies to your significant other? How often do you do it? Do you expect a compliment back?

My SO and I send each other probably 1 selfie a day😂...at least on the weeks we don't get to be together. And he's not a social media guy so its sweet and endearing...I love seeing his face🥰
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

No, never.
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Yes. All the time. We’ve been married nearly 21 years (together 27) so it’s more about sending funny ones to make each other laugh rather than fishing for compliments.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

We do.
    My wife works afternoons half the month, so I only see her if I wake up when she gets into bed and the weekends. We do send selfies, but mostly tons of hilarious/gross memes.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

My what? Oh yeh, him. Nah, we see each other morning and night. It's all good. :)
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Nope, never have.
    Can't see a reason for ever doing so but if I did, heck yeah I'd want them to comment on it.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Guys/Girls

I rarely send pictures of myself. I don’t expect compliments ever but it’s nice to get them
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Yes and its usually something like...

8bjamfu61cjm.jpg

With the caption " I found a puppy, can we keep it."

This is my favorite ❤️
  • twitchandshout
    edited February 2021
    Options
    People-

Do you send your significant other funny memes, tiktoks, interesting articles, etc.?

And if so, do they ever respond to you or do you have to ask three days later “did you ever get that thing I sent?”
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

Yes and its usually something like...

8bjamfu61cjm.jpg

With the caption " I found a puppy, can we keep it."

Omg 😍
    [Please say yes 🤞]
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    @_sw33tp3a_11

He said "that is not a puppy, it's a mop. Put it back where you found it."

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    People-

Do you send your significant other funny memes, tiktoks, interesting articles, etc.? And if so, do they ever respond to you or do you have to ask three days later “did you ever get that thing I sent?”

I send the guy I'm seeing gifs, reels and links to articles that I think he might find interesting. I send all of those to friends and family too.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    People-

Do you send your significant other funny memes, tiktoks, interesting articles, etc.? And if so, do they ever respond to you or do you have to ask three days later “did you ever get that thing I sent?”

No. The only thing we send each other is pictures of our dog(s) doing cute/funny dog stuff.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Guys/Girls

I send provocative selfies to my SO when I'm in the mood to do so (IE. when I feel like I'm actually attractive which is sadly, very, very rare). He appreciates them and there is a erm.. dedicated hidden folder on his laptop. :joy:

I do not expect compliments back, but I get them. I just find them hard to accept as truth, although I know 100% that he means what he says and isn't just saying what he thinks I want to hear. The problem lies with me, not him. :heart:

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    People-

Do you send your significant other funny memes, tiktoks, interesting articles, etc.?

And if so, do they ever respond to you or do you have to ask three days later “did you ever get that thing I sent?”

Wait.. there are couples that don't just do this to one another daily? We're constantly finding stupid *kitten* to send to one another. We sometimes send *kitten* to one another when we're sitting in the same room on two separate computers. We have good laughs over most of it.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    Guys/Girls

I send provocative selfies to my SO when I'm in the mood to do so (IE. when I feel like I'm actually attractive which is sadly, very, very rare). He appreciates them and there is a erm.. dedicated hidden folder on his laptop. :joy:

I do not expect compliments back, but I get them. I just find them hard to accept as truth, although I know 100% that he means what he says and isn't just saying what he thinks I want to hear. The problem lies with me, not him. :heart:

He saves them in a special folder...I think that points to he means what he says
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    People-

Yes and yes...gifs, memes, articles, weather reports😂...he sends weather reports...ive just opened his world to gifs
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    People-

Wait.. there are couples that don't just do this to one another daily? We're constantly finding stupid *kitten* to send to one another. We sometimes send *kitten* to one another when we're sitting in the same room on two separate computers. We have good laughs over most of it.

You have something special 😊