Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Anyone suffer from ridiculous bloating?

cattywcattyw Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
I’ve had various tests and told it’s probably IBS. No matter what I eat I get so bloated at the end of the day. Right from the top of my rib cage to my lower stomach. I look about 4 months pregnant! Anyone else suffer and know what’s causing it? Just waiting to see a dietician to see what I may have to eliminate 😩

Replies

• thebabadonthebabadon Posts: 29Member Member Posts: 29Member Member
    How much water do you drink in a day and whats your sodium and dairy consumption?
  • smith667metalsmith667metal Posts: 16Member Member Posts: 16Member Member
    Me to I look lean in the morning like 12% bf and by the end of the day I look like 20% bf. It’s always been like this for me but never looked into it just figure must have something to do with maybe to much sodium or something idk
  • jseams1234jseams1234 Posts: 1,152Member Member Posts: 1,152Member Member
    Me to I look lean in the morning like 12% bf and by the end of the day I look like 20% bf. It’s always been like this for me but never looked into it just figure must have something to do with maybe to much sodium or something idk

I’m the same way. Flat in the morning and after a few good meals third trimester. Food babies are real - especially noticeable during a bulk.

• mysteps2beautymysteps2beauty Posts: 494Member Member Posts: 494Member Member
    I get this often..... I find that drinking something like yakult (sp) or a really quality brand of probiotics help.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,690Member Member Posts: 4,690Member Member
    A friend of mine who had IBS symptoms all his life was recently subjected to breath tests to determine which FODMAPS he was unable to digest. These are different types of sugars that some people aren't able to digest. The tests pinpointed that he was unable to digest the sugars in garlic and onions. Since he cut these out of his diet he has been symptom free.

Google FODMAPS and talk to your doctor. It is a lesser known condition.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 554Member Member Posts: 554Member Member
    I often look pregnant at the end of the day. I just eat a lot of fruit and veg. I’m not bothered by it as I have no digestive problems or discomfort it’s just normal for me. I think if you are reasonably lean then the stomach can appear bloated after a main meal.
  • pitbullpuppypitbullpuppy Posts: 65Member Member Posts: 65Member Member
    I look very bloated after exercise. I think it's because muscle retains water or something but idk.
  • BeyoutifulBBeyoutifulB Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    Since I lowered my carbs to near non existent I haven’t felt bloated ever.
  • EnterNihilEnterNihil Posts: 58Member Member Posts: 58Member Member
    I got good from results from lowering my carbs as well. I don't do keto or low carb per se. I just make sure my macros are balanced and my fiber isn't too high.
  • alexmosealexmose Posts: 263Member Member Posts: 263Member Member
    EnterNihil wrote: »
    I got good from results from lowering my carbs as well. I don't do keto or low carb per se. I just make sure my macros are balanced and my fiber isn't too high.

Ha funny you say this. I live with the bloat, as I want to be fuller for longer so I don’t snack on my quarantine snacks 😂😂 also it always disappears in the morning. Go from preggo to slim to preggo everyday 👍
  • alexmosealexmose Posts: 263Member Member Posts: 263Member Member
    I look very bloated after exercise. I think it's because muscle retains water or something but idk.

I will pretend this happened to me after my ab workout. But I think there’s some truth to this. Think about the pump in a bicep after curls.
    cattyw wrote: »
    I’ve had various tests and told it’s probably IBS. No matter what I eat I get so bloated at the end of the day. Right from the top of my rib cage to my lower stomach. I look about 4 months pregnant! Anyone else suffer and know what’s causing it? Just waiting to see a dietician to see what I may have to eliminate 😩

OP, is this really problematic if it happens when you just go to bed?? Coming from a non-party-er 😅😊
  • NatalietiaNatalietia Posts: 20Member Member Posts: 20Member Member
    Same here. Think it's a common issue that a lot of people have. Not advice but take comfort in knowing you're not on your own.😊