Strength Training with no weight loss!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Definitely take your measurements. I started strength training just over 3 months ago and actually gained 2 pounds, but dropped a clothing size, have more definition, and have lost about 3% body fat. I also removed the scale from my bathroom and put it somewhere inconvenient, so weighing wouldn't be so easy and I would more focus on being healthy and NSV's instead of just the # on the scale.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Good advice and thank you so much. I am pretty active and I have been starving. Today I am sooo hungry I want to eat everything =) I am eating at 1400 calories, what would you suggest?

What does MFP suggest when you select activity level of Active and 1 lb loss goal?

That would be on non-exercise days of course.

Exercise would increase that daily burn, so with the same deficit amount off, you eat more, hence the idea of eating back exercise calories.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you are on a caloric deficit, you are almost certainly NOT "adding lean mass". Something else is going on - more details would be necessary to figure out what, exactly.
  • Som2224
    Som2224 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice! I got frustrated yesterday and ate normally and I took a break for a couple of days from working out and I dropped 2 pounds. I have decided that I am not going to watch the scale and I am going to continue with the strength training. I also reevaluated what I was eating and how I was counting calories and I think that will help. Thank you Thank you =)
  • Som2224
    Som2224 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good advice and thank you so much. I am pretty active and I have been starving. Today I am sooo hungry I want to eat everything =) I am eating at 1400 calories, what would you suggest?

What does MFP suggest when you select activity level of Active and 1 lb loss goal?

That would be on non-exercise days of course.

Exercise would increase that daily burn, so with the same deficit amount off, you eat more, hence the idea of eating back exercise calories.

I think your right with the amount of calories I chose to eat. I didn't put in that I was very active because I wanted to lose more than 2lbs a week but I think it has to be slow and steady. I have been really tired and not wanting to do much because I don't think I was getting enough calories so I am going to adjust that as well. Thank you so much for making me see the obvious :)