Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    447ybzylqd9l.jpeg

Is this serious?

Seeing how that's Jeffrey Dahmer, my vote is not serious.

Based on what I was able to look up using quote sites, interviews with him, etc. This is the likely conclusion. Just a questionable meme made by some denizen of the Internet. :)
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    He lived down the road from a couple chicks I was really good friends with in Bath.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    447ybzylqd9l.jpeg

Is this serious?

Based on what I was able to look up using quote sites, interviews with him, etc. This is the likely conclusion. Just a questionable meme made by some denizen of the Internet. :)

had not heard of him. Looked up who he was.

Given he was killed in prison in 1994 - if he did say this, it had nothing to do with Covid ;)B):p

I put it in the category of quotes from Abraham Lincoln "dont believe everything you read on the internet" . ;)

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,363 Member
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »
    Realistically, if the cops show up at your house because they think there might be more than 8 or however-many people in there... just don't open the door. Don't let them peek their beaks in and they won't know you're up to no good. You think a judge is going to write a warrant to search a house for a suspected turkey dinner? C'mon...

Tell them it’s a peaceful protest then punch someone in the face. Then it’s ok.

Please don’t send me to MFP jail, please don’t send me to MFP jail...

You!....We like you
    Options
    447ybzylqd9l.jpeg

Is this serious?

lol i have no idea if he ever actually said it but hey it's 2020 so why not amirite?

No he did not say this, obviously made for corona meme
    This interview with him, was about how his mind works, and why he did the things he did
    Options
    447ybzylqd9l.jpeg

Is this serious?

Given he was killed in prison in 1994 - if he did say this, it had nothing to do with Covid ;)B):p

I put it in the category of quotes from Abraham Lincoln "dont believe everything you read on the internet" . ;)

What? I am not even American, but certainly have heard of Jeffrey Dahmer, aka "The Milwaukee Cannibal"

Well maybe it has something to do about me being interested in the minds of these serial killers and have been reading a lot about them this last decade
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    ^^^ GROAN
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    96elpw9483oj.jpg

1586n1znbe1z.gif

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    447ybzylqd9l.jpeg

Is this serious?

Yeah, he was uhm.. interesting. He didn't seem particularly interested in whether he lived or die and recognized that he was a "monster" and would never be among the normal populace at the time due to things he saw as acceptable.

America had a bit of a serial killer obsession from the late 70s into the 90s. Not sure if it was an obsession that was worldwide or just here as it seems we had a lot of them that were finally caught in the late 70s going into the late 80s. The number of known or known potential serial killers has declined dramatically since 1999/2000. Possibly due to the advent of the Internet, which actually makes finding potential victims easier for anyone with access to it as well as smart enough to use things like a VPN, an onion browser (Tor) and alternate identifying information. Sadly, the Internet also can make it harder to track criminal activity, especially if the above things are used.

There's some really interesting stuff out there as far as statistics and analysis of known serial killers.

maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Serial%20Killer%20Information%20Center/Serial%20Killer%20Statistics.pdf
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    96elpw9483oj.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7399944

• tmantwo
    Options
    ymv1n8565r7z.jpg

You nachmy daddy. Don’t insinuate what I should do.

I’ll take my chances while preserving my liberties.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    cb6saj85zsd6.jpeg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    :D:D:D Rolling ROFL's
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    tmantwo wrote: »
    ymv1n8565r7z.jpg

You nachmy daddy. Don’t insinuate what I should do.

I’ll take my chances while preserving my liberties.

@tmantwo

numbers..... lots of numbers, one debatable conclusion.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817#f1-M206817

that's pretty interesting actually:

"Conclusion:
    The recommendation to wear surgical masks to supplement other public health measures did not reduce the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate among wearers by more than 50% in a community with modest infection rates, some degree of social distancing, and uncommon general mask use. The data were compatible with lesser degrees of self-protection."

so it seems to be saying that, yep, they're not all that great at protecting people, at least not compared to any other "degrees of self-protection", which I guess they intend to mean physical distancing, proper hygiene, etc etc.

later they also say "Although masks may also have served as source control in SARS-CoV-2–infected participants, the study was not designed to determine the effectiveness of source control."

so it's still not settled on how effective they are to prevent the spread then either, least not based on this study, but being that mask wearing is typically mandated regardless of whether a person is actually infected or not, then i guess its not going to be possible to identify that data with any real degree of clarity at this point.

I know there was another study last month that said the rate of asymptomatic presentation among 20,000 something people they studied was actually only like 17% (vs the massive percentages everybody claimed at the beginning) and of those, they transmit the virus at around 42% less than symptomatic people, which i figure is pretty significant numbers honestly, so i wish there were more studies being done on that sort of thing than masks/no masks at this point.
  • tmantwo
    Options
    ^ thank you for reading the journal article and making a well thought out response instead of immediately grouchy facing.