How’s your Gym Looking?

Options

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My gym is still open. It's a Youfit and even before this whole pandemic, it's the cleanest gym I've ever been in. They are cleaning constantly. I have been going every night just like I normally do. Usually when I go after 9pm there is maybe 10 people there and that hasn't changed.

They did put a thermometer sensor thingy up to my head yesterday before letting me work out. They said they had turned away a guy earlier that came up as 102.
  • Soon2BSuper
    Soon2BSuper Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    It's closing end of day today, but my living room "gym" looks like a disaster zone after my 7 year old made a pillow fort this morning. :D
  • Abs_magee89
    Abs_magee89 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It’s pretty sparse at my gym. It’s not the cleanest place but I wipe down everything before and after. I’m in the 4th week of my 6 week mini bulk and I really hope my gym stays open for the next two weeks at least. If not, my husband and I are prepared to do prison style workouts with towels and sandbags. 👍🏽
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The gym was looking pretty good this morning. Second day in a row she wore the white tights and you could kinda see.. I think I'm reading this thread wrong
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I drove by my gym today to see if I could maybe break-in thru the back door (no luck).

It would have been great to have the entire place to myself without the risk of anyone (me) getting infected by this stupid virus.

How's it looking ?

Dark, Padlocked & Empty.
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Stay the *kitten* inside your houses so the infection spread curve flattens. This is really irresponsible behavior to keep going out. Number of cases in the US have crossed 6000. It will be 15,000 or more by end of March.

People need to take social distancing and quarantine seriously. The more selfish you are, the longer there will be a shutdown, economy down the crapper and you will have the national guard forcing you to stay indoors
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Stay the *kitten* inside your houses so the infection spread curve flattens. This is really irresponsible behavior to keep going out. Number of cases in the US have crossed 6000. It will be 15,000 or more by end of March.

People need to take social distancing and quarantine seriously. The more selfish you are, the longer there will be a shutdown, economy down the crapper and you will have the national guard forcing you to stay indoors
    A little louder for our friends down in the sunshine state

Coronavirus-in-Florida-seashores-not-ordered-to-close-amid-pandemic-696x392.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    You can go out as long as you stay inside your car. As long as it's not a corolla - that calls for chaos.

Yeah, I went out today and put fuel in my car, walked across the parking lot into Safeway (without touching anything or anybody) for three minutes & walked back to my car.

I opened the sunroof and took a 10 minute drive around some businesses.

Life is still going on - weird.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    You can go out as long as you stay inside your car. As long as it's not a corolla - that calls for chaos.

Image if you were listening to an Adam Carolla podcast while in your Toyota Corolla.

Deathwish.

• Motorsheen
    Options
    I actually feel more sympathy for Americans. let's face it, there's a lot of crazy there.

89965003_3009294959156940_3378089621953970176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=kaiBa0gulq8AX_D4bcS&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=8e2358e9aafbe840fbc410ca38054910&oe=5E94F7F9

Nah, it's pretty sane here.

unless you live in:

Ohio, Texas, Florida, OKC, Montana, California, Southern Nevada or West Dakota.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I did my first home work out today. Hard now that I don’t have dumbbells or curling bar, but I managed. Better than nothing.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    24-hrs makes a huge difference. For 1-wk, I was singing out loud in the fitness center & dancing on the treadmill like Iggy Pop on a massive sugar rush, with no one in sight to mock me. I felt like Stephen from Braveheart... "It's my island".

giphy.gif

Today, my apt complex closed down all amenities, services like maintenance & the office, all common areas (no sitting at the pool or venturing into the fitness center) & we can't even get to the common area bank of mailboxes/delivery storage lockers. They won't accept paper checks for rent 'til further notice. I'm fully expecting Hazmatters to drag me out of my house tomorrow & place me in the woods behind the apt complex.

I get it, but was overjoyed at having the entire fitness center to myself of late. But... I have my very own 1-lb weights... I'll be bloody jacked by the end of this ordeal.

giphy.gif
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    24-hrs makes a huge difference. For 1-wk, I was singing out loud in the fitness center & dancing on the treadmill like Iggy Pop on a massive sugar rush, with no one in sight to mock me. I felt like Stephen from Braveheart... "It's my island".

giphy.gif

Today, my apt complex closed down all amenities, services like maintenance & the office, all common areas (no sitting at the pool or venturing into the fitness center) & we can't even get to the common area bank of mailboxes/delivery storage lockers. They won't accept paper checks for rent 'til further notice. I'm fully expecting Hazmatters to drag me out of my house tomorrow & place me in the woods behind the apt complex.

I get it, but was overjoyed at having the entire fitness center to myself of late. But... I have my very own 1-lb weights... I'll be bloody jacked by the end of this ordeal.

giphy.gif

My apartment complex did the same thing today.
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    My gym is still open. It's a Youfit and even before this whole pandemic, it's the cleanest gym I've ever been in. They are cleaning constantly. I have been going every night just like I normally do. Usually when I go after 9pm there is maybe 10 people there and that hasn't changed.

They did put a thermometer sensor thingy up to my head yesterday before letting me work out. They said they had turned away a guy earlier that came up as 102.
    Also, this is deeply flawed because coronavirus can be asymptomatic for 3 to 4 days acc. To CDC. You may have it and won’t show it but you are still transmitting the virus.

This is what happened in Italy. People thought if I am not sick, I should be fine. But those 3 to 4 days you are actually infecting others.

Seems like extreme to shut down society and the econ for a few days. But if this drastic step is not taken now and infection contained like South Korea successfully did - our economy will completely collapse. It would be worse than the 1929 depression.

This is why even if there is no state curfew, you need to stay in for a couple weeks and limit social trips - and only make essential trips to grocery store and pharmacy, if needed.

One you are safe and two, others are safe. When the curve flattens in 15 to 30 days, life can resume.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    My apartment complex did the same thing today.

We're both in FL, so I wonder if it were related to the extra 19 cases today or just that most states are doing the same?

Bummer about your new job. Is your start date postponed? I'm still interviewing, but that's at a dead stop atm.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Empty.
    Dark.
    Deserted.