Start 30 day shred during lockdown? Coronavirus

Options

Replies

• bellissimaluna
    bellissimaluna Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Checking in. Going slow. But still moving. Staying on level One for a bit.
    demi I also thought this was a bad day. Checked a CDC indicator and it said give it 24 hours and then contact dr as needed. Took allergy med. A few coughs and achy joints. There is only 1 known case in my city/county so I am sort of thinking how likely is it that I would have found that virus. I have been home all week except for grocery store and I did not socialize there.

Take care.......hope you are ok.
  • bellissimaluna
    Options
    demi645 wrote: »
    Today was a bit better. I took it easy most of the day watching movies in bed. I felt guilty for not working out yesterday. So, I did one work out early in the afternoon and one tonight. Neither was my best effort, but it felt good to get back on track.
    I will be alternating between Tylenol and Mucinex for a while. It definitely helps.

take care!!
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    To anyone that can’t be bothered working out just do even 5 mins of cardio - you feel so much better and positive after. I haven’t exercised for a few days and couldn’t be bothered but I made myself start and I managed 20 mins. Feel a lot better and productive.🏋🏻‍♀️ 30 day shreddddd... hope everyone is well.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @Navydaddjtc feel free to post your April registration here as lots of folk here are looking for a 30 day shred motivation mechanism 👍
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo. Mowed grass today, walked a tiny bit, watching Harry Potter - movie to shred by, MY scale says 159.7. That's my goal for April in pounds. :)
  • demi645
    demi645 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations josephinebowman
    Way to go!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my birthday. So, another year older and wiser! I did Ripped in 30 week 4 workout this morning, some step, and then walked on the treadmill during my virtual meeting for work.
    These are very confusing times. I am so proud of my coworkers for being so flexible and proactive, getting so much work done in a new way. I also did another online PD for work.
    I have a few neighbors and we are bonding a little over this situation. We are asking if we need anything and sharing info. My neighbor brought me fresh eggs yesterday, so we made her a loaf of bread today. Another friend will call if going to the store. We may practice social distancing and not shake hands, but when this is over, we hope to give hugs. Be kind to each other.

Happy belated bday. Where are you located? Tomorrow is my bday too. :). It will be all home...but that is ok...happy to be healthy...

Happy birthday! I'm in TX, USA. Working from home and going a little stir crazy.
  • demi645
    Options
    Day 9 completed.
  • NuAnderson
    NuAnderson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 3 completed
  • bellissimaluna
    Options
    Woo hoo. Mowed grass today, walked a tiny bit, watching Harry Potter - movie to shred by, MY scale says 159.7. That's my goal for April in pounds. :)

Great job...I put on movies while I exercise too......I did my shred today...admit I did not do it for the last two days....anyway..today was day 6 for me.....
  • bellissimaluna
    Options
    Yesterday was my birthday. So, another year older and wiser! I did Ripped in 30 week 4 workout this morning, some step, and then walked on the treadmill during my virtual meeting for work.
    These are very confusing times. I am so proud of my coworkers for being so flexible and proactive, getting so much work done in a new way. I also did another online PD for work.
    I have a few neighbors and we are bonding a little over this situation. We are asking if we need anything and sharing info. My neighbor brought me fresh eggs yesterday, so we made her a loaf of bread today. Another friend will call if going to the store. We may practice social distancing and not shake hands, but when this is over, we hope to give hugs. Be kind to each other.

Happy belated bday. Where are you located? Tomorrow is my bday too. :). It will be all home...but that is ok...happy to be healthy...

Happy birthday! I'm in TX, USA. Working from home and going a little stir crazy.

Hey! I am from Houston.....lived in Austin for a long time, now in Italy for 14 years......miss home. There is another Texan in this thread...Anyway...nice to meet you.......
  • bellissimaluna
    Options
    ok guys...I lost a few days, am only on day 6 and eating horribly... STILL...starting tomorrow gonna get focused with the diet because no amount of working out will offset all the food......this has been my problem. Anyway.....y'all are all doing a great job!
  • demi645
    Options
    Happy Birthday bellissimaluna :D
    Hope you enjoyed your day!

I was just thinking that I need to refocus on cleaning up my diet too. I'm with you. Tomorrow it is...

I completed Day 10 today. But I also think I need to stay on level one for a few more days.

I am happy that I'm haven't gained weight but I'd be so much more happy if I could get the number going down again.
  • Killakee
    Killakee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I learned my biggest downfall with food is having snacks in the house. I’ve cut out all snacks, and meals are all prepared by myself from scratch!! It’s been working wonders, and my husband and I have been enjoying the most amazing stir frys, soups, and curries that are LOADED with veggies!

I’ve finished up to day 6, but I’m noticing my left knee has gotten a little angry with me, so I’m sitting today and tomorrow out to allow adequate healing. I look forward to jumping back in!!
  • sarahmchugh07
    sarahmchugh07 Posts: 35 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hey all! @DancingMoosie kindly directed me to this group. Thank you!
    I did Shred Level 1, Day 1 today. Feel great. Look forward to checking in with all of you!
    Stay safe & well
  • AVanCuren09
    AVanCuren09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! So excited I found this group! I started on the 18th of March, so I’m on level 2 day 4. So excited to see everyone’s results! Keep on keeping folks 😎
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I feel like there's only so much Jillian I can take, lol. I did 7 days in a row(shred levels 1-3 and ripped weeks 1-4). I don't like doing the levels/weeks consecutively because you are essentially working the same muscles each day. So, I normally rotate through all of the workouts and then start over. But I was kinda tired of Jillian, so I started doing some other things, like The Firm, body combat, and step. I also made a funny challenge with a friend for a pull-up for every restroom break while working at home. I make it a point to try to get at least 1 hr workout plus(or including) some sort of resistance training each day.
  • bellissimaluna
    Options
    Killakee wrote: »
    I learned my biggest downfall with food is having snacks in the house. I’ve cut out all snacks, and meals are all prepared by myself from scratch!! It’s been working wonders, and my husband and I have been enjoying the most amazing stir frys, soups, and curries that are LOADED with veggies!

I’ve finished up to day 6, but I’m noticing my left knee has gotten a little angry with me, so I’m sitting today and tomorrow out to allow adequate healing. I look forward to jumping back in!!

My hubby loves to come home full of candy, chocolate, icecream.....cookies, cakes...you name it.....SOOOO hard to diet with all that stuff in the house....i have been begging him for 20 years to stop with that stuff.....but he just cannot do it...and he loves to buy it for our kids.....I try to assure him it is not good for them either.....but he just loves making them happy....so I have to try to diet with all that stuff in the house....
  • bellissimaluna
    Options
    demi645 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday bellissimaluna :D
    Hope you enjoyed your day!

I was just thinking that I need to refocus on cleaning up my diet too. I'm with you. Tomorrow it is...

I completed Day 10 today. But I also think I need to stay on level one for a few more days.

I am happy that I'm haven't gained weight but I'd be so much more happy if I could get the number going down again.
    Thanks for the bday wishes!!!! Today I am back on track....woke up, had my lemon water, veggie soup for lunch....feeling good......hoping to see the scale go down by next week.....good for you for not gaining...give it some time...the scale will dip...
  • bellissimaluna
    Options
    Hey all! @DancingMoosie kindly directed me to this group. Thank you!
    I did Shred Level 1, Day 1 today. Feel great. Look forward to checking in with all of you!
    Stay safe & well

Great job! I had a rocky week...I am back on track...today is day 6 for me......