Which would you buy?

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
You can get a dozen eggs from the farmer up the road for $4.00, or from your local grocery store for $0.99. Which do you buy?

Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Farmer
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    a dozen eggs for 99 cents? sounds fishy, I choose farmer.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Grocery. We eat a lot of eggs.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    In b4 1200 calorie eaters that buy expensive food
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    .99 for baking, etc.
    The $4 for fried eggs, scrambled, etc.

So both.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap, grocery store.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    famer . . . far tastier.

Did you know that if an egg is not refridgerated it can keep for up to a month? The fresher an egg is the harder it is to peel. When you buy eggs from the store, hard boil them, and they peel easily . . . how long do you think that egg's been laying around?

That being said, I prefer my eggs from the farm, but I always use store bought eggs for hard boiling.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Does the farmer have a daughter?

Yes, her name is Heather, but she's 12 years old. What do you do?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

I'm cheap.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a few dozen eggs a week. If I still did that, I'd buy them from the grocery store, assuming nothing was wrong with them.

Now that I eat all my calories at night, eggs are a very minute part of my grocery budget, so I might not mind buying them straight from the farm, even at 4 times the price.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Once a month I'd buy from the farmer. The other gazillion times I have to buy eggs a month I would go the 99 cent route.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Grocery store. I buy Asda's own. £3.10 for 30. Though I will admit farmers eggs will defo have more yolk in them but I only want the egg white mainly.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound super-lazy of me... but which is closer... the farm or the grocery store?

Gas mileage needs to be taken into account here.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That is WAY too expensive... We get our eggs from our own chickens and I can assure you that it takes zero effort to collect the eggs and feed the chickens. Their food isn't even very expensive.

With all of that jazz.... If I were to buy eggs, I would go for the .99 cent ones...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    This is literally the cost of eggs here. One farmer I know sells them for $3. But seeing as how you pick up the eggs with your own container, I still find it kinda expensive when they are a buck in the store.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Farm fresh are tastier, but no worth the 400% markup.

Fortunately, my farm is only $2.50 a dozen, and I think the store ones are like $1.89 around here. That's a markup I'll pay.
  • TDaddio2
    TDaddio2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Farmers eggs. Assuming the Farmer is a small operation, not capable of feeding growth hormones to his chickens.