Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I am fascinated by water weight

OAS5OAS5 Posts: 278Member Member Posts: 278Member Member
I am a bit fascinated by water weight. I have lost around 74 pounds with just 15 more or so to go. I'm in the tough home stretch.
Anyway I started intermittent fasting 3 weeks ago which I have fallen in love with. I really find it interesting and not hard at all really.
So as I'm stuck in the house today I weighed myself when I woke up and I was 201.2. so just before taking a shower at 11:00 I decided to just for fun check my weight because obviously I hadn't eaten yet because of the fasting. I was 201.2 and I stepped off I had to pee. Again just fun after I peed I decided to check as an experiment. 200.6. a half pound and that wasn't even a big pee. Sometimes after drinking a ton of water they are much longer. I just thought this was interesting. Sorry for some of the graphics or descriptions.

Replies

• NovusDiesNovusDies Posts: 7,029Member, Premium Member Posts: 7,029Member, Premium Member
    Just do not let it get in your head. I made that mistake a long time ago because delayed eating and working from home are not new to me. Seeing the lowest possible weight can have an addictive quality to it. Now I have a rule that limits how late I can weigh on an average morning. I wasn't doing anything destructive but weighing late is not always convenient. As an example if I had an appointment I would sometimes delay eating or drinking an hour past my normal time because I had to get back to the house and weigh. It doesn't sound that bad but it felt unhealthy (mentally) when I did it.

It is better for me to just accept that it could be less and that it will be less (when I am losing) in the future. I do not need to see it today.
  • Cldubb1984Cldubb1984 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    In LOVE with fasting myself. It’s help me get past my plateau I was stuck around 157-160 and wouldn’t budge til I started fasting. I downloaded the simple fasting app. Try that. It’s awesome
  • Cldubb1984Cldubb1984 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
  • OAS5OAS5 Posts: 278Member Member Posts: 278Member Member
    Cldubb1984 wrote: »
    In LOVE with fasting myself. It’s help me get past my plateau I was stuck around 157-160 and wouldn’t budge til I started fasting. I downloaded the simple fasting app. Try that. It’s awesome

Thank you, I will.