Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Falling off the wagon(again)

gmedina1285gmedina1285 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
Hey MFP’s! I’m not sure if it’s this whole Corona pandemic. But working in a hospital, it’s making it really difficult to eat better. It’s basically grab what you can and go. Any advice would be fantastic! Thank you 😊

Replies

• jezingmark05jezingmark05 Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
    @gmedina1285 I try to food prep as much as possible in advance. That way all of my food is MFP counted ahead of time. If you can, buy a couple of frozen ice packs and take your meals to go in a small portable cooler (lunch box size). This has helped me so much not eating take out or junk food/snacks
  • kcmcbeekcmcbee Member Posts: 147 Member Member Posts: 147 Member
    Ditto on all of the above. And maybe add really good protein bars to keep handy as snacks/meals if needed as grab and go food. And stay safe! Kudos for being one on the front line!

• Hollis100Hollis100 Member Posts: 779 Member Member Posts: 779 Member
    I pack my meal and snacks and take limited cash/bank cards so I can't turn to takeout and vending machine food. Taking limited cash/cards forces me to eat the food I bring.

Examples of food I pack:
    Salad
    Greek yogurt
    fruit (apples, blueberries, banana)
    almonds
    low sodium soup
    Instant oatmeal -- This is often my dinner. I like plain oatmeal and add an apple or blueberries. It's filling and ready to eat after microwaving 90 seconds. It takes only a few minutes to eat.
    edited March 26
  • Jelly_Belly_JimJelly_Belly_Jim Member Posts: 24 Member Member Posts: 24 Member
    First of all, THANK YOU for your commitment to your job and helping to keep us healthy and safe! Things must be crazy for you now so I’d recommend just packing things that are easy to eat on the go. Protein bars, protein shakes, cut up fruit/veggies, nuts, etc.