Just curious

Options
imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
Am I the only person on MFP eating over 1800 calories a day? I feel sooo outta place! :sad: :laugh: man, I dunno how you guys survive on such little food!

Replies

• girlwillloselbs
    girlwillloselbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can you give us an example of an appropriate diet plus workout?
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hehe! Not all of us are carry the mail and try to raise 6 kids on our own and exercise! How are you not eating more than 1800 caloriesl? I have to say, I am sooo totally impressed! Raising that many kids on your own and working and exercising? I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it....I'd pass out! Don't feel left out! We're all sitting here wishing we could feel free to eat 1800 with you!
  • dgsland50
    dgsland50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your not the only one. I am suppose to eat 2300 per day. That is down from 2380 a month ago. I started out at 334lbs and today I'm down to 300lbs. The number of calories you eat per day is a factor of what your weight is and what your goals were to reach your target weight. I can not speak for anyone else, but when I look at my food and exercise diary over time there is one clear thing that I see happening. When I don't go over my alloted calories (even if I have earned extra through exercise), and I do 20 to 30 minutes of strength training and walk for at least 30 minutes per day, I continue to loose weight. As I loose weight, the number of calories I am alloted continues to drop and will do so until I get to the minimum recommended to sustain me at my target weight. If you keep adjusting to the new limits as you drop, there should be no problem adapting to the lower calories needed.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I average about 1600 a day and on big workout days....hike plus strength training days about 2300. It's working for me....the weight is coming off and the muscles on coming on! :happy:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    :) I've probably eaten that a couple of times when I've eaten all of my exercise calories... but long term, my calories are going down rather than up! I don't even know that I'll be eating 1800 at maintenance (but mostly because I'm short and, well, we don't need as much fuel!)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I was at 2700 bulking up for a bit but admittedly not "that" clean.

Dropped to 2300 which is maintenance for me for a bit.

Now at 1900 and trying to strip last bit of fat while maintaining muscle and strength.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person on MFP eating over 1800 calories a day? I feel sooo outta place! :sad: :laugh: man, I dunno how you guys survive on such little food!

I have 2720 calories goal a day. So nope you are not *lol*
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I definitely aim for 1800 a day, but rarely make it. I still have NO appetite after almost 2months of "forcing" myself to eat. I'm slowly getting better, and will keep trying as I start to increase how many and intensity of my workouts!
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a allowance of 2360 cals without exercise and on a weekday I normally do between 900-1100 of exercise cals per day. I eat between 2000 and 2700 cals at any given day so with the exercise it gives me a good deficit .
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1860 a day, before exercise. I have a fairly active lifestyle (gardener, housekeeper for Manor House set in 5 acres of land) and work there 4 days a week. Some days I zigzag my calories and eat 1600 minimum. On exercise days after interval running and weights I earn about 700 cals and try to eat half of them unless I'm starving, in which case I eat them all.
  • Stella_Does
    Options
    At the moment I'm at 1400 a day for 0.5 - 1lb loss per week but I earn 200-500 for exercise and eat all the extra. I lost 2 stone and but 10lbs back on , once I've got that 10lbs off again I'll go back to eating more with a slower loss rate.
    I can really struggle to keep to 1400 but with a bit of careful planning its easy.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    **Raises hand**

I've noticed that I average 1800 calories on a non workout day, which are my maintenance calories anyway . Apparently I'm great at maintaining, however I want to lose 15 more pounds. I doubt if i eat as healthy as you do gymrat :ohwell:

:flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Sorry you feel out of place, but most of us are not fitness trainers nor models, so eating 1800 calories is not an option. I would say revel in the fact that you are what you are and know that MFP is about being fit and you are certainly all about that, so should feel supported and encouraged here. Enjoy your 1800 calories and eat a few extra for me...ha ha!!!! You look G R E A T!
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    Just being nosey, but did you birth all six of your children? You have an awesome body. I only have two kids and my body is a wreck!
  • mandikaye
    mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goal each day is 1900, but I find I generally eat 1500-1600 most days. You're definitely not alone in the >1800 crowd. :)
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I start out with 1200, but with exercise, I eat 1900 a day. Not alone! :)
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    2000 calories a day here, but most times I only make it to about 1700 give or take a few and that is if I have a big juicy steak hot off the grill...........
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to eat enough calories in the ridiculous heat we've been having here.

Too hot for food!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not alone! I look at everyone's food diaries, and they're always set for 1200 calories. I'd seriously starve at that calorie intake.

I've been seriously working on my fitness for the past 18 months. I'm quite close to my goal weight, but have slowly come to the realization that it's no longer about the number on the scales.

I've done P90X (3 times), Insanity, ChaLean Extreme and I'm now doing a hybrid. I strength train 3 days/week, cardio 3 days/week, and walk my 3 dogs for at least an hour 7 days/week. I'm also a middle school teacher, and while I'm at work, I seriously never sit down, so my daily calorie burn is relatively decent. In general, I burn between 2600-3000 calories/day. I have my food diary set at 2000, and I don't log my exercise calories in...I try to maintain a calorie deficit of 500-750 calories/day for about 3-4 days, then eat close to maintenance, then go back into a deficit.

Develop more lean muscle mass and you eat more. Move more and you get to eat more. Win-win in my opinion!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm actually taking about that much in. Lately I've been getting around 2000. I just haven't changed my settings.