Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I just ate an entire pizza by myself

Greentrees123Greentrees123 Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
I haven't done that in years although I could kind of see things building to this point. I've completely fallen off the wagon and now I have to try to start over in the middle of a pandemic. I'm sorry to whine like this, it's just unbelievably frustrating

Replies

• buddy352buddy352 Posts: 30Member Member Posts: 30Member Member
    So *kitten* what? You going to curl up and die? Go get what you want. If you really want it. Excuses to stay in comfort will make you fail! Every, single, time. Stay hard! Go get after it!
  • TerythaTerytha Posts: 1,481Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,481Member, Premium Member
    Big deal. You had a bad reaction to an unbelievably sucky situation. That's what, a single pound worth of calories at most? Don't think too many normal pizzas are more than 3500 calories.

And now you've got it off your chest by posting here. Now what will you do?

The wagon doesn't run off without you. Even if you fall completely off, getting back on is as easy as choosing to climb up.
  • jezingmark05jezingmark05 Posts: 24Member Member Posts: 24Member Member
    I live by this Motto:

It doesn't matter how many cheat meals you have. It doesn't matter how many cheat days you have. For that matter, I don't care how many cheat weeks you take. The question is - How fast do you want to reach your goals?!
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 26,287Member Member Posts: 26,287Member Member
    Log it, analyze the reasoning behind it, and learn from it. That's all you can do.
  • NovusDiesNovusDies Posts: 7,029Member, Premium Member Posts: 7,029Member, Premium Member
    If perfection were required to lose weight most of us would never get there. Trust that I have lost a stupid amount of weight being imperfect.

My plan is built around my life which I live one day at a time. It includes all the good days, bad days, special days, and normal days. Everything I do works within my plan including screwing up. If today was not the most successful day I start again tomorrow. If today was a very successful day I start again tomorrow. To lose weight I only need to limit how many unsuccessful days I have. For me, there is no wagon.
  • NovusDiesNovusDies Posts: 7,029Member, Premium Member Posts: 7,029Member, Premium Member
    Log it, analyze the reasoning behind it, and learn from it. That's all you can do.

Enjoy it. Forgive it.

• janejellyrolljanejellyroll Posts: 22,029Member Member Posts: 22,029Member Member
    We've all done it (I mean, there are probably some people that haven't and that's great for them, but everyone else knows what you're talking about).

We're going to have days when we decide to eat more, there will be days maybe even when the decision seems to make itself and then we "come to" and carry on, and there will be days when you think you're making the right choices and then you find out how many calories you *really* ate and it was a whole lot more than what you planned.

It's all about what you do afterwards. Do you let the unplanned calories stretch into days or months or weeks of giving up or do you dust yourself off, learn what you can from it, and get back to it?

Nobody is overweight because of a single day. It's the long-term trend that determines your weight. Every day is a chance to make the choices that get us where we want to be.
  • LietchiLietchi Posts: 413Member Member Posts: 413Member Member
    To me there is no "off the wagon" when I eat too many calories. I just think: OK fine, it'll just take a bit longer to reach my goal now.

Let's just imagine that you ate 3500 calories above maintenance by eating that pizza.
    - if your weight loss rate is set at 2lbs a week, those 3500 calories will take less than a week to burn off.
    - if your weight loss rate is set at 0.5 lbs a week, those 3500 will take two weeks to burn off.

What's a few weeks delay, no biggie right? Just dust yourself off and tomorrow is a new day.
  • lorrpblorrpb Posts: 11,049Member Member Posts: 11,049Member Member
    Yum! Now just resume your regular plan of eating.
  • ainsleymcmastersainsleymcmasters Posts: 11Member, Premium Member Posts: 11Member, Premium Member
    It's okay. I mess up all the time. Just focus and reset your sights. Don't beat yourself up about it tho!