McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Options
FrnkLft
FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
So I've discovered these... and they're cheap, and they're right across from where I work. They do a good job of keeping me satisfied until the next meal.

Aside from sodium, why shouldn't I eat these as part of my cutting diet?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Who said you shouldn't eat them?
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Just give it a good wash with some soap and water, then you can say you're eating clean.
  • GrandmaDoris
    GrandmaDoris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No reason, as long as you're working them in your plan.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    That used to be my go-to McDonald's meal until I bit into one that was undercooked! It's pretty hard to come across a Mcdonald's where I live, so I just don't go anymore.
  • kerenelly
    kerenelly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fast food chains such as McDonalds use a shocking amount of various different chemicals. There could be all sorts of stuff in those sandwhiches, and really if you're serious about weight/fat loss you shouldn't even consider going near them.. Aside from the fact there's probably some coating on the chicken containing masses of fat, it could contain chemicals right from improving the flavour, or what let t keep so long before it was cooked!

I wouldn't touch them if you are serious about it, in fact I wouldn't touch anything you haven't put together yourself.. Make yourself a small packed lunch, it only takes 5 minutes in the morning!
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Eat grub worms if ya like or whatever trips your trigger!! Out before the cleanfreaks come out!

201305231156_1369328199.1876517.gif

Edit to say I was to late = (
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The white bread and mayo are empty calories. Eat them as a treat, not as a mainstay. Or at least, chuck the bread and scrape off some of the mayo.

Plus, as a purely political statement, they pay minimal wage while the owners have massive profits. I also find it ironic that they support Ronald McDonald House for families of sick children, while they actively contribute to the ill health of these children.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    No reason why you can't eat them. I have one every now and then. I order mine w/o mayo and it's a nice tasty 300 cals.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I prefer the occasional snackwrap myself.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The only reason I can think of is if you wanted a double cheeseburger instead. I've been eating those lately :)
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Fast food chains such as McDonalds use a shocking amount of various different chemicals. There could be all sorts of stuff in those sandwhiches, and really if you're serious about weight/fat loss you shouldn't even consider going near them.. Aside from the fact there's probably some coating on the chicken containing masses of fat, it could contain chemicals right from improving the flavour, or what let t keep so long before it was cooked!

I wouldn't touch them if you are serious about it, in fact I wouldn't touch anything you haven't put together yourself.. Make yourself a small packed lunch, it only takes 5 minutes in the morning!

Seriously?? I don't doubt that there are chemicals in all food--including the food you are making at home, but there are healthy options at fast food restaurants that allow a person to still lose/maintain their diet. Fixing every single meal from home is just not feasible for some people.

ETA: I also enjoy the occassional grilled chicken (no mayo) or grilled chicken snack wrap. Lately I've been grabbing their egg white delight once or twice during the week for breakfast for something different.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options

Seriously?? I don't doubt that there are chemicals in all food--including the food you are making at home, but there are healthy options at fast food restaurants that allow a person to still lose/maintain their diet. Fixing every single meal from home is just not feasible for some people.

ETA: I also enjoy the occassional grilled chicken (no mayo) or grilled chicken snack wrap. Lately I've been grabbing their egg white delight once or twice during the week for breakfast for something different.

Yeah, what I'm thinking is, the chicken I would make on my own at home would be either Perdue or Tyson, and I'm sure they do a fair amount of this too. Unless I buy it at a Fresh Market or something I don't know for certain that the chicken in a McDonalds grilled sandwich is so much worse.

I'm not going to lie either, it's a good sandwich.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The white bread and mayo are empty calories. Eat them as a treat, not as a mainstay. Or at least, chuck the bread and scrape off some of the mayo.

Plus, as a purely political statement, they pay minimal wage while the owners have massive profits. I also find it ironic that they support Ronald McDonald House for families of sick children, while they actively contribute to the ill health of these children.

But I eat white bread everyday, and not low cal white bread either (cause lol). Why in the world would I remove it from my diet as a mainstay (Or dare I say 'pillar') Next you'll be telling me my daily white rice/potato/pasta has to go.

Also I feel like white bread is a pretty crappy treat.
  • GoddezzSheila69
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-mcdonalds-premium-grilled-chicken-classic-i84375

If you cut the insane amount of mayo they plop on it and you do not have high blood pressure then eat them. They are super high in protein and the calories are not too bad.

Just make sure that you watch your sodium in the rest of your daily food intake.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-mcdonalds-premium-grilled-chicken-classic-i84375

If you cut the insane amount of mayo they plop on it and you do not have high blood pressure then eat them. They are super high in protein and the calories are not too bad.

Just make sure that you watch your sodium in the rest of your daily food intake.

What do people have against mayo? Idgi
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So I've discovered these... and they're cheap, and they're right across from where I work. They do a good job of keeping me satisfied until the next meal.

Aside from sodium, why shouldn't I eat these as part of my cutting diet?

If you like them and don't have issues with high sodium, I give up. Why shouldn't you eat them?
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Who says you shouldn't?

Eat that chicken sammich!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

What do people have against mayo? Idgi

Mayo Dislike = Baby Hater. True Story
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    hhmm I like McDonalds. There hamburgers are yummy, and the buns are soft...add a SF vanilla Ice coffee...**i'm drooling**
    :smokin:
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The choice is ours. However here is some info that might help you decide if it fits in with your goals:

http://www.endalldisease.com/mcdonalds-fast-food-toxic-ingredients-include-putty-and-cosmetic-petrochemicals/

from article:
    "Well despite the illusion of a gradual switch to a healthier menu containing salads and smoothies, McDonald’s line-up still contains nasty health-eroding chemicals: trans-fats, high levels of sugar, artificial sweeteners, petro-chemicals, and high-fructose corn syrup. The kids meals and salads also contain frightening ingredients and high levels of sugar."