Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Accountability buddy

1464748495052»

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPalPatriceFitnessPal Member Posts: 182 Member Member Posts: 182 Member
    I’m a little late in posting my weekly goals but here they are:

Stats: Female 5’4” (~162.5 cm); 133 (~60.5 kg); Age 54
    SW: 165; CW: 133; and GW: 125 by the end of 2021

(1) PT twice a week and PT home exercises at least 2 out of the other 5 days
    (2) Personal trainer - Two, thirty- minute sessions
    (3) Yoga - Two classes (& try to add one more)
    (4)Add at least one new cardio activity to replace the Zumba class
    (5) Accomplish at least 2 professional goals (Complete unfinished half of last week’s goal and add at least one more, maybe two)
    (5) Write 3 letters (or send packages) to niece and nephews who had birthdays recently.

I’m trying to replace the Zumba class because it didn’t feel safe enough last week. There were a few more people and the exercise moves put us within 6 feet of one another at some points so I think I’ll wait until the Covid vaccines and immunity rates improve. It was fun to add a new activity with music and energy but it’s not worth the risk. Mixing up my workouts with cardio, stretching, and strength exercises has felt good so I want to keep seeking that type of balanced approach. So, maybe I’ll walk outside, use the treadmill or test out a few different cardio workouts.

I’ll also follow @kiay131982’s strategy of donating/tossing/recycling one item to correspond with each day of the month starting March 1st. Until then, my goal is to clean off my desk this weekend and bookshelf next weekend.

@beshamama - Congratulations on the weight loss! I remember those early puppy training days, which are full of rewarding moments but also serious sleep deprivation. I might have had more children if I didn’t have to face the lack of sleep! I hope you can all settle into a healthy new routine soon!

@kiay131982 - Game night sounds fun! Sometimes it’s important to recharge and make peace with ourselves that every moment doesn’t need to be productive in terms of ‘output’ ... if ‘input’ is needed. When there is a ‘long weekend’ because of a Monday holiday, I often find myself anxious or disappointed when I plan too many tasks and don’t complete them. I’d like to get to a point when I don’t have to schedule self-care to avoid guilty feelings but that’s still a work in progress for me. I hope you enjoyed your time with friends online.

Best wishes in reaching your goals this week!
  • PatriceFitnessPalPatriceFitnessPal Member Posts: 182 Member Member Posts: 182 Member
    I set my weekly goals on Thursday. Here’s my update:

Weight = No change 133-134 (~60.5 kg)

(1) PT 2x week & PT home exercises 2x — I done ✅
    (2) Personal trainer — Done ✅✅
    (3) Yoga - 1 done ✅; Planning for tomorrow
    (4) Add at least one new cardio activity — Did an extra strength training today but still need to add cardio
    (5) Accomplish at least 2 professional goals Complete unfinished half of last week’s goal — ✅ & I more needed
    (5) Write 3 letters (or send packages) to niece and nephews who had birthdays recently — We sent packages to our two sons & I texted my nephew for his new address but still need to finish this goal.

This reflection helped me focus. I’ll concentrate on adding cardio, doing my PT home exercises, finishing up work tasks and connecting with family. I also have two close friends with upcoming birthdays so I’ll use that as a reason to reach out and schedule some Zoom time to catch up.

A colleague has been struggling with some lingering symptoms after recovering from COVID, which made me think of you, @highmaintnance. I hope your energy is coming back stronger each day. I’m thinking of you and sending positive, healing vibes your way. Take care, Accountability buddies, and go get those goals!
  • beshamamabeshamama Member, Premium Posts: 186 Member Member, Premium Posts: 186 Member
    I didn’t log any food except breakfast yesterday. My mom, sister, and her boyfriend came over for a bit yesterday and we sat around the fire pit in our driveway in the sun. It was glorious! We drank wine and laughed. Ahhhhh my mental health is much better today.

Upcoming week goals
    *Keep logging food
    *Stay under calories at least one more time than I did last week
    *Exercise one more time than last week
    *Drink more water
    *Have adult beverages every other day(or share with hubby)
  • bumpbreakcarbumpbreakcar Member, Premium Posts: 104 Member Member, Premium Posts: 104 Member
    Hey All! I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately.... but I wanted to get on here and catch up. I was doing much better when I made this apart of my regular routine. So current I’m trying to come up with a meal plan for the week to come and get back to logging regularly
    edited February 23
    @bumpbreakcar - Setting up a meal plan is a great way to to help focus on your nutrition goal(s) for this week. It’s so good to see your progress update! I’ll look forward to hearing how it goes for you with the meal planning.

@beshamama - What an uplifting message! I’m so glad to hear you were able to spend time with your family. I bet they loved meeting Coco - and seeing your new puppy interact with Snoopy - so I’m guessing that was the motivation that helped them brave the cold ...

🥶 ➕ 🐾 🐕‍🦺 = ❤️🔥❤️

My husband kept pouring wine with dinner, so my empty/ alcohol calories have been higher this week, but I’m working to strike the balance in limiting the amount to 2-3 ounces instead of a typical glass (~ 5 ounces?) so he feels as though he has company but I keep my consumption low. I’m increasingly feeling the negative affects that even a small amount of alcohol has on my sleep. It’s been interesting to pay attention to the increased restlessness and I’m still trying to determine if it’s a result of stressful deadlines this week or the extra alcohol. TBD ....

I hope everyone is having a good week. I’m doing alright but not exceeding any minimum standards. I’ll report in more detail on Wednesday night or Thursday morning (which begins a new week & reassessment of my goals). Best wishes!
    edited February 23
    @bumpbreakcar, @beshamama and anyone else who set goals for this week: How is your plan going?

Here’s my weekly update:

Weight = No change 133-134 (~60.5 kg) but the scale dipped into 132 territory one day this week ... so I’m sure it will get there eventually.

(1) PT 2x week ✅✅ & PT home exercises 2x ❌
    (2) Personal trainer — Done ✅✅
    (3) Yoga - ✅✅
    (4) Add at least one new cardio activity ❌ I did an extra strength training but no cardio. The weather was really nice two days but I had a heavy work load so I didn’t get outside to enjoy it.
    (5) Accomplish at least 2 professional goals ✅✅
    (6) Write 3 letters (or send packages) to niece and nephews who had birthdays recently — We sent packages to our two sons & I texted my nephew for his new address but I still need to finish this goal. ❌ - I made some good connections and reached out to some family and friend via text and phone calls so I’m not too disappointed. I’ll concentrate on this goal in the coming week.

I made good progress on my work/career goals and the positive momentum is really building. I even submitted a proposal which looks very promising. One one of the projects suffered some funding cuts because the agency budget is suffering due to Covid, but they’ve still been asking me to do the same level of work. They’re paying me but the money will run out before the year ends so this new proposal could fill the gap.

Going to PT is not really a goal because I always make it to my in-person appointments, which was a good shift for me since the Telehealth sessions were not as productive. This week, I’ll concentrate on the PT ‘homework’ exclusively instead. I’m also removing the personal trainer and yoga goals since those habits are in place. So, this week’s goals are:

(1) Send the damn cards and packages to my nieces and nephews. The goal is to prepare ONE, even if I don’t send it until next week. Saturday is my goal date for completion.
    (2) Add one cardio workout... or even a leisurely walk if the weather is nice and an outside break would brighten the day.
    (3) Finish ONE end of year report and submit two monthly invoices.
    (4) Initiate a contract for bookkeeping support that includes training that will benefit my sons, while also helping my husband’s company.

Best wishes to everyone on the coming weekend! Go get those goals!!
  • beshamamabeshamama Member, Premium Posts: 186 Member Member, Premium Posts: 186 Member
    I’m logging most my food....sometimes mini eggs sneak in 🤣 I have exercised most days and plan on continuing exercising most days.

Puppy is keeping me busy....she discovered she can crawl under our couch and is finding all kind of treasures 😱