The nothing about that one thing thread

Options
124»

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    So...who is into radio stations and who is into podcasts? Or is it not an either or kind of thing for you?

I don't do radio stations because I can't stand advertising or the fact that they tend to play the same 10 popular songs over and over.

Podcasts can be interesting, but I have to admit I probably listen to a few weird ones. One is a giant D&D adventure podcast, another is about the amusing annals of medical history and a couple of others are about skeptical thinking or weird facts.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I dont like oatmeal. Other than eggs, what's a good healthy breakfast?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

Greek yogurt and fruit - Peanut butter honey and banana - protein bar and couple pieces of toast.

Some of my go to breakfast
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Greek yogurt and fruit - Peanut butter honey and banana - protein bar and couple pieces of toast.

Thanks.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Radio for local morning shows. Podcasts for other times of the day. How about you?

I've always loved radio (and used to sleep to talk radio when I was a kid) but I 😍 podcasts too. My playlist is varied and odd.

Not big on the serial killer trend but culture, history, documentaries and just about anything long-form (like over an hour).

• MaltedTea
    Options

Based on your username, you may like skyr (and have likely already found Greek yogurt...skyr is thicker and tends to have more protein).

Smoothies are a tried and true fav for many but I'm not trying to hear a blender first thing in the morning 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Based on your username, you may like skyr (and have likely already found Greek yogurt...skyr is thicker and tends to have more protein).

Smoothies are a tried and true fav for many but I'm not trying to hear a blender first thing in the morning 🤷🏿‍♀️

Haha, if it's just a protein powder shake I'll drink it. Too much effort in the morning and I'll just skip it. I'll have to look into skyr...flavor?
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    Skyr is Icelandic yogurt and it comes in many flavours, I imagine.

Personally, I pick "natural" "unsweetened" and "0% fat" for all my yogurts though. I can then add my blueberries, honey, nuts or oils to my liking, if at all.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Thanks.

My pleasure - were all here to help mfp’ers and their fitness goals - well that and the lulz - Amirite ?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Lox and avocado. Admittedly, it takes some work to prepare the lox, but not too much. Unfortunately, I find that even though I like oatmeal and yogurt, they don't do anything to fill me up and I'm hungry again in like.. an hour. So it's either eggs or some other high protein/high fat foods.