Yoga is the new swimming!

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
edited April 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
I can’t swim but I do have a couple of live online yoga classes available to me. After trying them, I’ve decided to commit to these and hopefully they’ll give me some of the movement/flexibility benefits I appreciate from swimming. Of course, not cardio but there’s other ways to get that.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I should start doing yoga just to improve my flexibility, tight hips and hamstrings combined with old age suck.....
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,189 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being cynical - maybe even having a "mean girl" moment - recent events (and related posts in the forums about physical activity) are encouraging me to think this is one of those "two kinds of people in the world" things . . . some who will seek out ways to accomplish their fitness goals (perhaps more slowly or indirectly) even when there's a challenge; and some who would prefer for an ideal solution to be delivered to them, wrapped with a neat bow.

Lorr, you're always figuring this stuff out, it seems like. Me, kinda lazy, realistically. ;)

:flowerforyou:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    At the risk of being cynical - maybe even having a "mean girl" moment - recent events (and related posts in the forums about physical activity) are encouraging me to think this is one of those "two kinds of people in the world" things . . . some who will seek out ways to accomplish their fitness goals (perhaps more slowly or indirectly) even when there's a challenge; and some who would prefer for an ideal solution to be delivered to them, wrapped with a neat bow.

Lorr, you're always figuring this stuff out, it seems like. Me, kinda lazy, realistically. ;)

:flowerforyou:

You give me too much credit! I’ve been missing the benefits that swimming and massage give me, and unexpectedly had the opportunity for some online yoga classes last week. So I figured what the heck, this will be a good alternative to help keto myself going. Lack of movement creates a lot of issues for me, do it’s kinda like self-defense 🤪