Drinking magnetic water

vm007
vm007 Posts: 241 Member
Hello,

I've always come here to decipher what's real and what's well "it worked on me" so it's true.

Someone shared with me that they drank water which had magnets in it and they lost weight and got a flat tummy.

I was like that's fun, I can eat cake all day and stay slim eh.

People break down items into components so it seems logical to them so they can believe in it. Here goes our blood has iron and it can be manipulated with magnet. Once blood has proper flows all pains and problems will flow away.

I feel like this genre of people go into these ready to believe instead with an open mind.

Replies

• vm007
    vm007 Posts: 241 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    W.T.F. ?!?!?!?!

Magnetic therapy is what it is apparently called.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    So what, they attach to the fat, and the fat gets pulled out in your poop?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Lol.... drink it and then get in an MRI machine.....👿
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    vm007 wrote: »
    Hello,

I've always come here to decipher what's real and what's well "it worked on me" so it's true.

Someone shared with me that they drank water which had magnets in it and they lost weight and got a flat tummy.

I was like that's fun, I can eat cake all day and stay slim eh.

People break down items into components so it seems logical to them so they can believe in it. Here goes our blood has iron and it can be manipulated with magnet. Once blood has proper flows all pains and problems will flow away.

I feel like this genre of people go into these ready to believe instead with an open mind.

Just to be clear, can we differentiate between

1) drinking water that has had magnets in it, but not swallowing the magnets ( = waste of money if you're paying a premium for the water, but probably not otherwise harmful, assuming the magnets were clean) and

2) drinking water with magnets in it, and either intentionally swallowing the magnets or running the risk of accidentally swallowing the magnets ( = very bad idea with possible outcomes including choking to death or causing intestinal blockages and twisting, which likewise could be fatal)

I can't tell from the description which of these two is happening.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    udx4rcset0kn.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    udx4rcset0kn.jpg

ttfwq1uac26c.jpg
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Ok, lets give a serious answer: Blood, or rather the iron in blood is not ferromagnetic. If blood was actually magnetic, what do you think would happen if people were put into an MRI scanner? Actually, don't picture it, ok? :s

Off topic, but, I almost didn't recognize you without your sheep.

People will believe anything...
    At least this is relatively harmless if you don't ingest the magnets. I watched a video where a "virologist" was saying if you eat ginger every day you will never get COVID-19.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,847 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Ok, lets give a serious answer: Blood, or rather the iron in blood is not ferromagnetic. If blood was actually magnetic, what do you think would happen if people were put into an MRI scanner? Actually, don't picture it, ok? :s

I'm a radiographer. That's a scary thought...

I said don’t picture it! :o
  • yirara

At least this is relatively harmless if you don't ingest the magnets. I watched a video where a "virologist" was saying if you eat ginger every day you will never get COVID-19.

Mfp lost my sheep and I didn’t have the image anymore :'(

Not commenting on gullibility of people :s
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

There are some things ginger can help with* (besides making your food yummy) but kill a virus? Yeah, right.

*Like quell mild nausea
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    I was talking to a guy one time who told me he was on something called the carnivore diet.

He said it was high fat, moderate protein and low carb... and I said... that sounds more like keto, he said it wasnt keto and that it was completely different, and that you could eat all the meat you want and lose weight.

Lol... apparently this diet is 0 carbs instead of low carbs... you cant even eat fruit or veggies..

He insisted that I check it out and try it because with this diet you dont need to pay attention to calories. He swore it worked cause he had lost a little weight while on it.

As much as I tried to educate him.. the more he thought i was the idiot. Thinking i must of just read some crap online somewhere and believed it. LOL ... makes me sad, he ended up blocking me cause he was really determined that i was wrong about needing a caloric deficit to lose weight.

Anyway here is some snippets of this diet

yjwxa8ugd26q.jpg
    3omz5tk7syos.jpg

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member

I hope that’s true. I eat enough of it I’m probably safe.
  • yirara
    There are some amazing cheeses as well :s
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

I believe garlic will help prevent you from getting COVID-19. Eat a kitten load of that and no one will come near you. Ginger? Not quite the same effect.

Garlic ginger salad dressing. Twice the benefits. <nods>
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

I believe garlic will help prevent you from getting COVID-19. Eat a kitten load of that and no one will come near you. Ginger? Not quite the same effect.

Garlic ginger salad dressing. Twice the benefits. <nods>

Made with apple cider vinegar? Triple dog dare you.