MyFitnessPaths wrote: »
I'm just starting out and finding it tough to go between meals without a low calorie snack, preferably high protein, but so far I'm finding myself eating fruits.
redgirldance wrote: »
Make sure you are choosing foods you enjoy!
If I’m feeling a little low on protein,
I’ll try to sneak in:
- chicken tenderloin ( I usually batch cook some once a week, so for about 4/7 days it’s cooked in the fridge)
- eggs 😍
- Cottage cheese (i really like Large curd, but can’t stand the small curd/lf versions)
- Plain Greek yogurt... if I’m feeling fancy or want to boost the protein/ nutrients, I’ll add hemp seeds, chia, flaxseeds, nuts, pepitas, pb2, etc.
- popcorn with nutritional yeast (and hot sauce! 😋)
- vegs with hummus (if you have a food processor or wide based blender, it’s super easy to make your own once a week or as often as you want)
If you already gravitate toward fruit, perhaps throw some I a Greek yogurt parfait or pair with some nut butters.
Copyright 2005-2020 MyFitnessPal, Inc.