OPENING UP πŸ› (over 100+ pounds to lose)

Options
Opening up..

As I sit here thinking about the last 29 years of my life, I think about how much I wish I could go back and change the mistakes and opportunities I missed out on. I wish I can gain back the time I lost and do things the right way. I think about all the failed relationships, friendships and family relationships. I think about how many times I gave up on myself and just stood in a shell and tried to hide from the world thinking nobody would be able to tell I was depressed, sad, anxious and unhappy with life. I think about how many times I hated myself and told myself I could never do it. How many times I gave up on my life. How many times I let my family down. There are so many things in the last 29 years I wish I could take back and change. Unfortunately, in life we don’t get to change the past. We don’t get to take back the things we wished we could. We don’t get to take back all the bad things that we did or said to hurt someone. However, what we do get to do is face it. Accept the past. Let it go. And start a new chapter in life.

I know so much is going on in the world right now and people are suffering, even my family is suffering. But I feel that it’s so important to realize that no matter what is happening in life, you should never give up.

A few weeks ago I was looking at myself in the mirror and recognizing all of the poor choices I made and at that moment I decided to give up all my bad habits of overeating, smoking and being stuck in this dark unmotivated cycle. I decided to make a drastic change to my life. I decided enough was enough and chose to go to God for answers. I told God I didn’t want to die like this I didn’t want my life to be a sad story. I told God that I was sorry for everything I’ve done in the past and I wanted to be made new. I felt something so deep in my heart and it sounded like a voice that said, β€œyou are forgiven, now get up, live your life and don’t look back, only look forward” After that I felt this overwhelming feeling. It is indescribable but I will try my hardest to explain. I felt that it was okay to be happy even right now at this moment even being the weight I am today, it was ok to still think I was beautiful and that I was worthy of this change. It was okay for me to be happy because I have a God that loves me even past all my mistakes, flaws and failures. I have a God that is willing to show me how to be better, but in order to see his miracles I must follow him this time, I must show up when it’s time to show up. So, with the past behind me. I am coming to you all to share my story. My hope is that one day I can help and inspire others who have gone through the same thing to NEVER GIVE UP and to keep striving to find that small light of fire inside and learn to ignite it so that it burns high!

This is me, Sarah Narvaez. I am 29 years old and weigh 336lbs. This is probably the hardest, most indescribably difficult post I will ever make in my life. My whole life I have struggled with my weight. Up until this past year my weight spiked up to the highest it’s ever been. I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic, I have sleep apnea, and on the road to having high blood pressure and heart disease and even death at a young age if things don’t change. (All of my doctors are concerned) As many of you know, having a large amount of weight on the body can cause many diseases and even cancer, knee and back issues, anxiety and depression. I am choosing to open up about my struggles with my weight because this is my way of accepting and acknowledging that this is real and something needs to change. With the grace of God I will be transforming into a healthier, happier and more present person. God gives us his grace when we come to him and ask for it. I believe this with all my heart. Here is my acceptance, I am accepting that I am at a point in my life that I cannot change the past. I have found the courage to accept that I am 336lbs and I am ready to embark on a journey of change to a healthier lifestyle. I know I am not perfect and I will make mistakes but I will not let these mistakes define me. I will get back up. I will push my limits because I will not go out without a fight. God has chosen this as my testimony to show how he works in people’s lives. I will beat obesity and give others the opportunity to see the change so that they themselves will want to change as well. I give all thanks to God and to those that will be supporting me throughout my journey. This is my truest test and I wanted to share it with the world.

If you finished reading this whole thing I just want to thank you! Xoxo

My daily prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-Serenity Prayer πŸ™πŸ½πŸ’—

iuqvmxnb01mt.jpeg
Β«1

Replies

• Adelkray
    Adelkray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah!
    We are the same age & almost same size :) I would love to add you and be motivation for each other :)
  • SarahsJourney7
    SarahsJourney7 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Accepted 😊 we can do this!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I also sent you a friend request, maybe we can help each other with encouragement and accountability!
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    Most certainly! I would love an accountability partner!
  • Venus_1
    Venus_1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello Sarah! I wanted to wish you success in your journey. Your post made me think of a woman here. She’ve lost about 170 pounds in 2 years using mfp. She has the most amazing blog over here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/The_Movie_Chair?month=201701
    Just a little extra motivation or a fine read 😊
  • HufflepuffJo9
    HufflepuffJo9 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Would love to support you!! My starting weight was 278 lbs. I lost 120 lbs on here before (gained 20 lbs but back here to lose it)!! You got this!!! πŸ’ͺ🀩🌟✨
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    Venus_1 wrote: Β»
    Hello Sarah! I wanted to wish you success in your journey. Your post made me think of a woman here. She’ve lost about 170 pounds in 2 years using mfp. She has the most amazing blog over here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/The_Movie_Chair?month=201701

Thank you so much! I will read her blog. It’s always nice to know people who have gone through the same thing as I am. πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ½πŸ’ͺ🏽
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    Would love to support you!! My starting weight was 278 lbs. I lost 120 lbs on here before (gained 20 lbs but back here to lose it)!! You got this!!! πŸ’ͺ🀩🌟✨

Thank you so much for the support! You have done an amazing job loosing the weight Im sure you will get back on track! I will send you a friend request. I’m overwhelmed with how supportive people are on here. I’ve tried so many times to loose weight and I’ve even tried MFP before but I never really tried. Good luck! Can’t wait to see your results also!
  • Venus_1
    Venus_1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Venus_1 wrote: Β»

Thank you so much! I will read her blog. It’s always nice to know people who have gone through the same thing as I am. πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ½πŸ’ͺ🏽

Pleasure to help ☺️
  • raitzac92
    raitzac92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You got this!! πŸ’ͺ

I've just started my journey as well πŸ™
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful testimony! You brought tears of joy & hope for you to my eyes. God Bless you, Sarah!
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    What a beautiful testimony! You brought tears of joy & hope for you to my eyes. God Bless you, Sarah!

Thank you so much! πŸ’—β­οΈπŸ’—β­οΈ God has our back always!
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    Hello lovely. Please be gentle to yourself.
    My starting weight was 320 some 3 months ago and today I am 299 and I know it's one day at a time. Start now. We can do this!

Thank you so much! Yes I must be kinder to myself, I have struggled with that a lot. But God gave me his grace and I came to so many realizations and I know now that I am allowed to love myself through the journey even through the mistakes and flaws.

Congrats on your success and I pray we can be there for each other through out the rest of our journeys! Keep going and I will be here if you need anything!

β­οΈπŸ’•β­οΈπŸ’•β­οΈπŸ’•β­οΈπŸ’•
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    You got this!! πŸ’ͺ

I've just started my journey as well πŸ™

Yes thank you! Let’s do this together! Friend request sent! πŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸ™πŸ½β­οΈπŸ’—
  • DinDin2017
    DinDin2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah
    This works if we work it. I love your testimony and we can do this together. I’m a sugar addict and emotional eater starting weight 324lbs, current weight 305lbs and goal weight 190lbs. For years I struggled with my weight, depression and hated how I look. In and out of program, had gastric bypass lost the weight and still gain back ALL OF THE WEIGHT. Finally this last time I decided to put the food down, sugar and get a therapist I feel great. I pray before I eat each meal. Tired of overeating Let’s do it this Sarah!!!!
  • GoGetitRevMeg
    GoGetitRevMeg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here to support you on your journey Sarah , it is a daily struggle.
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much for the support! πŸ’—πŸ¦‹πŸ’—πŸ¦‹
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! πŸ¦‹πŸ’•