200 Situp challenge

Options

Replies

• princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this - though tody I may only manage about 3 as I've gone climbing this morning and have kettlebell this afternoon! I can do about 100 crunches but probably no more than 20 situps (proper ones)!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My workout begins on Sunday's so I am going to start it on Sunday. I will do my test tomorrow and post it then. I think I will also try to complete the 100 push-up challenge. I only have to do 47 push-ups and 101 sit-ups to max for my Navy fitness test.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I scored a "Average 40-49" I was able to do 43 before taking a break, normally I can do 50 :(
    Looks like I am starting at week 3! I think I will start this on monday!
  • sassyt76
    sassyt76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try to do this as well. Don't know how good I'm gonna be but as long as I put in the effort. And get my 14yr old son to do it with me also as motivation.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try to do this as well. Don't know how good I'm gonna be but as long as I put in the effort. And get my 14yr old son to do it with me also as motivation.

As long as you give it your all then that is all that matters. I wish my kids were old enough to do this with me.

Oh I am gonna start week 1 tonight then balance out to Tues. Thurs. and Sat from now on
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Just took the initial test and straight to week 3 I go! Starting Saturday! = )
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have just started the 20 pull-ups challenge so I'll pass for now! :laugh:
    Perhaps after this. :smile:
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    haha I'm in!!! I pulled off about 50, but needed to take a short "breather" at like 43 or so...so week 3 for me as well...Starting on Friday :) I like Monday, Wed, Friday :)

Wonder if I can do push ups....I've got a toe that doesn't bend...so maybe not...pfft...

Good luck everyone!!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Completed day 1 :D
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Man - that sucks - I was at 21 on the test. Holy cow! I thought that it would be a lot more than that.
    O well.
    day one is done.
  • ppauh
    ppauh Posts: 1
    Options
    I think I will start off slow with 25 and build up to 200, may take me a little longer to get there but I will get there. :)
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I was planning on starting tonight (along with the 100 push up challenge) so this will keep me accountable. I will report back after my run regarding my initial test results.
  • vdubteach23
    Options
    I will definitely be trying this I can't wait to look great for my honeymoon next summer!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow, glad to have so many companions on my journey for a toned tummy! Good luck with week 1 everyone! Looking forward to hearing all about your progress as we go through the next 6 weeks together!:flowerforyou:

For me, I am going to do full situps because I do deep core pilates type stuff on an almost daily basis and am confident that I can effectively protect my spine, but for those who are truly beginners I definately recommend doing the "Crunch" type sit up to protect your low back. In fact if anyone has any back issues at all, I strongly encourage you to become familiar with the posterior pelvic tilt technique to "set" your lumbar spine before performing the sit up. Listen to your body, and above all be careful! If you are not ready to progress ot the next day or week, then don't! There is no harm in repeating an itinerary until you are ready to move on. Good luck and HAVE FUN! :bigsmile:

Edited to say that I am humbled...maybe I shouldn't have done the test this morning and maybe due to the fact I did ab work yesterday and the day before....but when I started on what should have been the week 3 for me, I could on do as much as week 2! So First day of the challenged down for me with the following stats: 22, 22, 15, 15, 22.

Pushup challenge tomorrow :)
  • stfuandrun
    Options
    I only managed a wimpy 25 sit ups tonight. It probably didn't help that I ran 7 miles first. Haha.
  • littlelisa24
    littlelisa24 Posts: 127
    Options
    So I did 50 of the crunches. I have a sway back so i can't do real sit ups untill i can strangthen the lower back more. I have decided to add a little twist to mine. My sets are going to include both sides and the 6 pack area. I will start everything tomarrow.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    For my initial test I was able to do 50. I actually did my test twice (and got the same number). The first time, my dog was too interested in what I was doing and was sniffing and licking me so I had to stop to place a pillow between us. So I redid it this morning to see if I would get the same number.

I also did the initial push-up test too, I was able to get 47 out none stop. The last few were difficult, but I just really wanted to know that I could do at least 47.

I decided that I will start officially on Saturday instead of Sunday, so hopefully I can build myself up a little more, because on Aug 1, I will have to do push-ups and sit-ups for my test.
  • stfuandrun
    Options
    I did day 1 tonight, column 3. My kiddo supervised me. :D LOL
  • xonophone
    Options
    For my initial test I was able to do 50. I actually did my test twice (and got the same number). The first time, my dog was too interested in what I was doing and was sniffing and licking me so I had to stop to place a pillow between us. So I redid it this morning to see if I would get the same number.

I also did the initial push-up test too, I was able to get 47 out none stop. The last few were difficult, but I just really wanted to know that I could do at least 47.

I decided that I will start officially on Saturday instead of Sunday, so hopefully I can build myself up a little more, because on Aug 1, I will have to do push-ups and sit-ups for my test.

WOW, great job on the pushups! And I totally understand about the dog thing - mine is also very curious and gets in my way and tries to give me a kiss for my hard work LOL :laugh: , and then my cat jumps in on the game when I do situps (or anytime I lay on my back to stretch) and rubs up against my head and plays with my hair!
  • xonophone
    Options
    So I did 50 of the crunches. I have a sway back so i can't do real sit ups untill i can strangthen the lower back more. I have decided to add a little twist to mine. My sets are going to include both sides and the 6 pack area. I will start everything tomarrow.

Do you mean you are going to do 5 sets of regular plus 5 sets of obliques? Or are you going to mix them all up into 5 sets? GO SIXPACK! :smile: