Hi, I'm new

Options
Hello. After trying (and failing) for years at a couple of well known slimming clubs I have decided to try My Fitness Pal. I've read loads of great reviews and am looking forward to seeing how I do with calorie counting. I'm ashamed to say that I have a whopping 140lbs to lose in total and I'm finding it quite daunting.

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Most important thing to remember is, in weight loss, only calories matter. There is no other special tricks to speed it up by different types of diets.

Dont look at foods as good or bad.

All foods are acceptable to eat.

Meet your nutritional needs and if you have remaining calories, enjoy a treat.

Eat any calories you earn with exercise. It may seem weird to do this, but mfp has already given you a deficit to lose, if you workout, those burned calories are bonus calories to eat more food.

Dont eat less then 1200 calories, it's not healthy and can have a severe impact on your health and lean muscle.

Always try to reach your goal of calories for the day, if you find that the foods your eating arent adding up to enough, there is a list of calorie dense foods located here
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p5

Most importantly if you are struggling at any point, dont quit or get discouraged, often times there is easy solutions to making it easier. Which includes evaluating your calorie goal, seeing if you are eating in a way that suits your lifestyle and offering suggestions on alternative ways to enjoy foods you love.
  • Weedsir
    Weedsir Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Jojo!
    Any step forward is a step closer to your end goal. So you're already on your way.
    Start slowly. Glacial if you have to. Just a walk around the block (if you're allowed to in your area). Then each day, try to do a tiny bit more than the previous.
    I wont say good luck, because that leaves a chance you might fail.
    You will get there and at the finish line you will look back at the proverbial mountain and be so stoked over what you've achieved.