I need help, I will starve myself before I let myself back slide.

Options
Beths_Angels
Beths_Angels Posts: 19 Member
edited April 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I started my journey a back in Feb of this year. I've been following the Obese to Beast common senses diet and changed how I eat. I stopped eating processed foods, sugary drinks, sweets and started cooking my own meals. I am eating 1200 calories a day and now I'm feeling better I started exercising for an hour a day last week(Bike rides). I'm drinking the right amount of water and have not broken my new healthy living life once since I started. I have managed to go from obese to overweight and i'm working to getting healthy weight but now it's all going wrong.

I have gained 4 pounds in 4 days, I am now up back up to 12.8. I have posted my stages below so it might help someone tell me where I'm going wrong. I'm so upset right now cos I have worked SOOOOO hard and its all undoing itself.

0 Weeks - Obese!!! So it starts

22nd Feb
Thigh 28 inch
Waist 39 ½ inch
High Lip 44 inch
Weight 13.11 ½ Stone

29th Feb
Thigh 26 ½ inch
Waist 37 inch
High Lip 43 inch
Weight 13.09 Stone

7th March
Thigh 25 inch
Waist 37 inch
High Lip 41 inch
Weight 13.7 Stone

14th March
Thigh 25 inch
Waist 36 inch
High Lip 41 inch
Weight 13.3 Stone

21st March
Thigh 25 inch
Waist 35 1/2 inch
High Lip 40 1/2 inch
Weight 13.1 Stone

28th March
Thigh 25 inch
Waist 35 inch
High Lip 40 inch
Weight 12.11 Stone

4th April
Thigh 24 ½ inch
Waist 34 inch
High Lip 39 inch
Weight 12. 9 Stone

7 Weeks - Over Weight !!!!! Lost – 16 Pounds (1 Stone 2 pounds)

11th April
Thigh 24 ½ inch
Waist 33 inch
High Lip 37 inch
Weight 12.7 Stone

18th April
Thigh 25 inch
Waist 32 inch
High Lip 37 inch
Weight 12.4 Stone

yxu8v8yfy518.jpg

djhdt6dxw5a1.jpg

Replies

• lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey, you look amazing, well done ! Don’t let the stall get to you, weight loss isn’t linear. Maybe you’ve already started losing again.
  • Beths_Angels
    Options
    I haven't changed what I eat or the amount. I wouldn't mind if it had just slowed but now its working it way up, it's not even leveling out just climbing. I measure everything and don't eat outside of meal times, if anything I might be a little under 1200 now and then. I get that at some point i'd hit a plateau but then I should level out not gain.

I started cycling about a week ago and before that I was using an at home rowing machine. My legs are a little sore from the bike but i'm not too sore to keep going. It's so disheartening right now.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    When is your period due? Did you eat something salty recently?
  • Beths_Angels
    Options
    My period isn't due for weeks. Last time I knew it was coming and I put on an extra 2 pounds but I knew it was coming so didn't worry when it showed on the scales.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Beat ya! ;)
  • Beths_Angels
    Options
    I wish I had something salty lol. Nope the same meals I had the over weeks before, I alway try stay low sodium.
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My period isn't due for weeks. Last time I knew it was coming and I put on an extra 2 pounds but I knew it was coming so didn't worry when it showed on the scales.

What about ovulation? Do you track your period on an app like Clue?

And did you read that article?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Beat ya! ;)

I'm on mobile, makes me slow :P
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    BTW, OP, I showed weight loss every week for 11 months, (290 pounds starting), so I sympathize. Trust the process, stick with it, and weight loss will continue.
    It really works❤️
    A new exercise routine could cause water retention as well. Hang in there, you’ve got this!
  • Beths_Angels
    Options
    BTW, OP, I showed weight loss every week for 11 months, (290 pounds starting), so I sympathize. Trust the process, stick with it, and weight loss will continue.
    It really works❤️
    A new exercise routine could cause water retention as well. Hang in there, you’ve got this!

I think you might be on the right lines
  • Beths_Angels
    Options
    Thank you everyone I was close to tears before when I thought it was all just going wrong. I feel so much better now. It's really appreciated
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,112 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    With regards to water retention after a change in exercise: I gained about 4lbs of water weight over several weeks by forcibly upping my step count during lockdown. So yes, I definitely do think it could be linked to starting to cycle daily :smile:
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed what I eat or the amount. I wouldn't mind if it had just slowed but now its working it way up, it's not even leveling out just climbing. I measure everything and don't eat outside of meal times, if anything I might be a little under 1200 now and then. I get that at some point i'd hit a plateau but then I should level out not gain.

I started cycling about a week ago and before that I was using an at home rowing machine. My legs are a little sore from the bike but i'm not too sore to keep going. It's so disheartening right now.

So you started a new exercise. This usually means that your body stores more waterweight. Your muscles need that fluid for repair. This could take up to 2 weeks. With some people it never really goes away. But it's not fat, it's water. So chill!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Some people gain with ovulation. 4 pounds over a couple days is not fat. It's a water weight swing for some reason or other. Read the article the annointed one posted and I suggest to keep doing what your doing for a while longer. If you're confident about how much you are eating, the downward trend will start again.

??? :laugh:
  • Beths_Angels
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    With regards to water retention after a change in exercise: I gained about 4lbs of water weight over several weeks by forcibly upping my step count during lockdown. So yes, I definitely do think it could be linked to starting to cycle daily :smile:

I might have to hide my head in shame a little here but after i got the bike I did go out for about 3 1/2 hours. I was just happy about getting out and about so I think I might be that. Its making sense now we are a talking about it. I wouldn't of linked it myself. I've just never been this small, i've been overweight all my life and I think i just went right to panic.