Help me pick a dress for my reunion !!

Options

Replies

• Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    They all look great! My favorite is #4, with a lighter coloured shoe. I'm glad you're hanging on to #5 because it's such a gorgeous print.

Congrats on your weight loss! Hope you have a wonderful time. : )
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    PS, number 2 looks great with the waistline so, if you can go for it, maybe take in the waistline on number 4 to have a slightly more fitted look. Just a thought!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I like number 4 or 5. I don't care for the neckline on number 1.
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like #4.
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how you're going to decide with so many different opinions! With that said I like #5 the best. The fabric and neckline draw my eye upward to your face. Good luck!

BTW, Your arms look fine. Wear them bare if you want to!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    No offence but you need to cover your arms.
    Every time you post.

Every time ...

I don't know you but pretty flattered you following my posts. Thanks.

And yes,I still think covering the OP arms would be more flattering.

I'm sorry if my opinion somehow hurt your feelings.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    i realy like 5 but ill choose 4
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My vote goes to #3! It really brings you in at the waist and makes it look super tiny!
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry I meant #2!! The black and white! And BTW your arms are just fine! WAAAYYYY better than mine!
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I like #2

Me too
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The last dress w/ the black and pink flowers. I like #2 as well, BUT i think it's more casual.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I love #4, it accentuates your figure!
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    2 - the cut flatters your hard earned figure and the color works best on you!
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like dress 2.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I like the dress number two.

However I'd recommend you to find a dress f similar style but with sleeves, at least 2/3 sleeve. No offence but you need to cover your arms.

Why? Why would she need to cover her arms. It's going to be in September. It's plenty hot out still to go sleeveless.

Oh! I get it. You're being critical and snarky and implying that anything less that airbrushed magazine perfection has to be hidden. Don't do that.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options

However I'd recommend you to find a dress f similar style but with sleeves, at least 2/3 sleeve. No offence but you need to cover your arms.

I think sleeveless is fine on you..

btw~ Here's a fascinating article about "counter-intuitive figure flattery" :
    http://www.alreadypretty.com/2011/06/counter-intuitive-figure-flattery-advice.html
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Why? Why would she need to cover her arms. It's going to be in September. It's plenty hot out still to go sleeveless.

Oh! I get it. You're being critical and snarky and implying that anything less that airbrushed magazine perfection has to be hidden. Don't do that.

I'm not being snarky, just realistic. She asked for suggestions, I'm giving one. She can look good in one of those dresses or look even better in a dress with suggested sleeves.
    After a certain age it's better to cover arms at least the part with loose skin. I suggested 2/3, 3/4 sleeves because they give better proportions.

The OP is heavier on top but has nice legs, she needs to accentuate it. DVF dresses are usually the best for tat body type - opened neckline, sleeves, good waistline, opened legs.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/diane-von-furstenberg-wrap-dress-new-julian-two?ID=770711&CategoryID=21683&LinkType=#fn=spp=20

This one comes in other colors and prints too. http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/diane-von-furstenberg-dress-bentley-short?ID=690775&CategoryID=21683&LinkType=#fn=BRAND=DIANE von FURSTENBERG&spp=70&ppp=96
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    needtoloseafewpounds Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I honestly like #4 the best as it is visually pleasing chromatic-(color)-wise. I like how it compliments your skin and hair while giving you a gentle, graceful look :) I think it would look great if you also accessorised with a pretty cream colored headband with pearls/lace/ribbons or something nice!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    WWWOOW.. Thanks to all of you....I NEVER expected such a response. I am not offended by anyone's comments. That is the true joy of being old enough to have a 40th reunion! I appreciate the advice and will tally the votes soon.

I wish I had bought the new bra BEFORE taking the pics! lol. all the dresses look much better now. I also wish I had done my hair/makeup---I'm almost embarrassed yall all saw me rather 'unfinished'. Ha! and Oh Lord, I did buy a spanx which is MUCH more restrictive than the one I had on.

I found a fantastic pair of pearly-light-taupe shoes for Dress 4 if that becomes the 'one.'

It's hot as ^*^&( in Texas so I am sticking with the sleeveless. I also shoulda taken off the 'bodybugg' arm band as it pinches my arm and makes it look worse. You can't tell from my stance, but my arms normally don't look that bad thanks to my lifting routine! I will also be sporting a nice tan which makes the arms look better. Most of the photos are really fuzzy cuz my daughter's camera took them small for some reason and I had to blow them up. She shoulda remined me about the arm band and to stand different! lolol.

Oh...and are yall SURE the SPANX will not explode??????
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    After a certain age it's better to cover arms at least the part with loose skin. I suggested 2/3, 3/4 sleeves because they give better proportions.

considering this woman is almost 60 but looks like she is in her late 40's/early 50's I think she can wear sleeveless just fine. She looks great. Helen Miren, Glen Close, Demi Moore are all older women and they wear sleeveless outfits and rock them. I don't buy into your women of a certain age statement.