Building a Weekly Workout

Options
Hey!

I'm working on shedding the last 5 - 10 lbs of what will be a 30-35lb loss. I like exercising, but I'm not great at figuring out what to do each day - I like variety. I also want to maximize the long term gains I hope to make in burning fat while building and toning muscle.

Please, if you have developed a good, balanced workout schedule, I'd love to see it. Here's what I came up with for this week:
0mr6hp5n3q5r.png

And if there's something wrong with this, or if I could rearrange it for better results, let me know!

Replies

• LukesGreenMilk
    LukesGreenMilk Posts: 56 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yeah I think your plan looks great, if it feels good it is good!

I do a 5 day rotation, so the day of the week each one falls on will rotate:
    Day 1: yoga
    Day 2: Pilates
    Day 3: workout
    Day 4: yoga
    Day 5: sprinting at the track

It’s challenging enough to build muscle, posture, and stamina, without needing a rest day because the yoga days are pretty chill. For yoga and Pilates I watch playlists of them from YouTube. The workout days I go over to university of Texas because they have an outdoor fitness park with pull up bars and dips all that.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    Hey!

I'm working on shedding the last 5 - 10 lbs of what will be a 30-35lb loss. I like exercising, but I'm not great at figuring out what to do each day - I like variety. I also want to maximize the long term gains I hope to make in burning fat while building and toning muscle.

Please, if you have developed a good, balanced workout schedule, I'd love to see it. Here's what I came up with for this week:
    0mr6hp5n3q5r.png

And if there's something wrong with this, or if I could rearrange it for better results, let me know!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

I would start there. Following a structured plan is going to maximize your longer term potential and gains. Another thing you can consider is look at some of the programs from Jetfit (app). Ultimately, your body is looking for a stimulus and will respond accordingly.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've been rotating a lot of Yvette Bachman, Jenny Ford, Les Mills, and Sydney Cummings videos on YouTube. I try to balance upper/lower and full body with straight cardio in between heavy sessions.
  • moscosos412
    moscosos412 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like variety, but also structure. I have been getting stuff from @mrandmrsmuscle on IG.
    My current schedule:
    Day 1: standing cardio and total body cardio
    Day 2: Total body cardio and Lowerbody strength training
    Day 3: standing cardio and upper body strength training
    Day 4: standing cardio, abs, & lower back
    Day 5: strength training of my choice
    Day 6: Bonus stretch
    I do HIIT for everything, including weightlifting. I am trying to work on my lower belly fat and lower back fat. I workout for 30-60 minutes. 🙂