Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Lose 15 lbs by June 30th

12930313234

Replies

  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    my4570 wrote: »
    @MeganD1704 I’m so sorry about the bad news. Sending positivity your way and hoping you can focus on other good people and events in your life. Weight loss isn’t the number one priority in life, but taking good care of yourself and practicing self care is! The photo shoot sounds amazing; I love photoshoots because they focus on self love and remind you that you do this (weight loss and healthy eating) so you can feel the best and be the best version of yourself! Instead of only focusing on the numbers.

    I just wanted to report how crazy water weight can be...two days ago, I weighed in around 119.5 (had a bad day Tuesday where I ate 2 bowls of cereal at midnight lol)
    Today, I weighed in at 116.7! I’m about 2 weeks from reaching my goal weight, and then I’m going to cycle my way into maintenance (not going to maintenance cals right away to adjust my metabolism). I’ve been reading a good bit about calorie cycling, reverse dieting, metabolism boosting. Gyms aren’t open where I am still but I’m going to start doing fewer HIITs (20 min most days instead of 30 min) and doing more pilates/body weight exercises.

    Enjoy the weekend everyone!!!

    HW: (Dec of 2019) 132
    SW (May 17th): 124.8
    May 24th: 124.8

    June 1st: 121.9
    June 10th: 120.7
    June 19th: 119.4

    July 1st: 119.1
    July 6th: 117.9
    July 11th: 116.7
    GW by July 31st: 115 lbs

    You are doing great!! 👏👏👏
  • MeganD1704MeganD1704 Member Posts: 410 Member Member Posts: 410 Member
    Goal for End of Aug: 159 LBS.
    SW Overall:178.6
    SW July: 172.2
    Total loss:

    July 6: 172.2
    July 13: 172.2- TOM (was seeing 168 prior)
    July 20:
    July 27:
    Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:


    @brittgreenlikethecolor88 thats awesome! trending down is the main thing :)!
    @Ayesha0624 wishing you all the best :) weddings can be stressful as is never mind with a pandemic. To many years of happiness and love :)!
    @my4570 thank you- your maintenance plan sounds really reasonable :) my goal is to recomp as well in about 20 lbs. I am not sure if I will return to the gym- it's open here but the process is a bit strange to go currently with covid in place- I think I will just stick to my basement. Water weight is honestly crazy- mine is about 4-6lbs at any given time lol!


    I really dont have much to update- had a quiet weekend.
    Goal for this week is 6 workouts on top of walking the pup. I got my am workout in-treadmill and weights. I think tomorrow is going to be a HITT, cant decide though if I am brave enough to try the TRX again or should wait a bit till I get some strength back- we will see! Its really punishing when I have the slightest dip in routine use so I am not sure!

    My other goal is no meals out except dinner this Friday- I have a doctors appointment in the city (3 hr drive from me) so I think Ill end up getting dinner before driving back as I am not keen on staying with COVID. I pre prepped all my lunches for this week and made my ice coffee as well :) dinner hasnt been planned much- but I often find when hubs is on nights I just kinda eat whatever- eggs, bowl of cereal etc.

    Hope everyone has a great week :)
  • jewelelainecaseyjewelelainecasey Member, Premium Posts: 25 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25 Member
    SW- 176.6lbs (05/03)
    GW- by July 31: 155
    Overall goal:145lbs by June 2021

    May 4: 175.4
    May 11:174.4
    May 18:173.0
    May 25:169.8
    June 1:169.8
    JUNE 4:---168.0!
    June 9:166.8
    June 15:165.8
    June 22:165.5
    June 29: 163.6
    July 6:----
    July 13:163.0
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    Goal for End of Aug: 159 LBS.
    SW Overall:178.6
    SW July: 172.2
    Total loss:

    July 6: 172.2
    July 13: 172.2- TOM (was seeing 168 prior)
    July 20:
    July 27:
    Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:


    @brittgreenlikethecolor88 thats awesome! trending down is the main thing :)!
    @Ayesha0624 wishing you all the best :) weddings can be stressful as is never mind with a pandemic. To many years of happiness and love :)!
    @my4570 thank you- your maintenance plan sounds really reasonable :) my goal is to recomp as well in about 20 lbs. I am not sure if I will return to the gym- it's open here but the process is a bit strange to go currently with covid in place- I think I will just stick to my basement. Water weight is honestly crazy- mine is about 4-6lbs at any given time lol!


    I really dont have much to update- had a quiet weekend.
    Goal for this week is 6 workouts on top of walking the pup. I got my am workout in-treadmill and weights. I think tomorrow is going to be a HITT, cant decide though if I am brave enough to try the TRX again or should wait a bit till I get some strength back- we will see! Its really punishing when I have the slightest dip in routine use so I am not sure!

    My other goal is no meals out except dinner this Friday- I have a doctors appointment in the city (3 hr drive from me) so I think Ill end up getting dinner before driving back as I am not keen on staying with COVID. I pre prepped all my lunches for this week and made my ice coffee as well :) dinner hasnt been planned much- but I often find when hubs is on nights I just kinda eat whatever- eggs, bowl of cereal etc.

    Hope everyone has a great week :)

    I enjoy reading your updates. I can’t write much because I get headaches. I blew it today. Tomorrow is a new day!😊
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    SW- 176.6lbs (05/03)
    GW- by July 31: 155
    Overall goal:145lbs by June 2021

    May 4: 175.4
    May 11:174.4
    May 18:173.0
    May 25:169.8
    June 1:169.8
    JUNE 4:---168.0!
    June 9:166.8
    June 15:165.8
    June 22:165.5
    June 29: 163.6
    July 6:----
    July 13:163.0

    Great job!!! 👏👏👏👍
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88brittgreenlikethecolor88 Member Posts: 514 Member Member Posts: 514 Member
    Hey ladies!!! I'm still here! I've been bit stressed due to some family drama and pretty distracted :/ Even broke my 75 day streak of logging in ;( Thankfully, I have not been stress eating. Still, ready for feel more like the real, motivated me!! Hope everyone is having a great week!! You all are doing SO awesome!

    May 4- 147.8 lbs ( -1.2 )
    May 11- 148.6 lbs ( + 0.8 )
    May 18- 148.8 lbs ( + 0.2)
    May 25- 147.4 lb ( - 1.4 )

    June 2- 148.4 lbs ( + 1 )
    June 9- 146.4 lbs ( - 2 )
    June 15- 143 lbs ( - 3.4 )
    June 22- 145.8 lb (+ 2.8 )
    June 30- 144.8 lb ( - 1 lb )

    July 1- 144.6 lb ( - 0.2 lb)
    July 9- 144 lb (- 0.6 lb)
    July 15-
    July 22-
    July 29-

    SW: 149 (Challenge start weight)
    CW: 143.6
    GW: 138-140

    Weight lost so far: 5.6 lbs
    edited July 14
  • PatriciaNeves2015PatriciaNeves2015 Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
    Hello all! Remember me???? It's been a hectic two plus weeks with moving and unpacking which is still in the works. Really unbelievable. And under the circumstances of the Covid 19 Virus with no sign of diminishing in Houston, TX, it has been stressful moving and downsizing especially since it's a bit harder to sell furnishings these days.

    Everyone, please stay safe and follow the CDC guidelines. If only they had been more closely followed here!

    Well, I have great news! I've managed to keep up the weight loss slowly, but surely with a few minor yo-yos now and then. I haven't been doing the bike which I need to get back to, but my myriad number of steps should count as exercise.

    Here are the stats:

    SW: 156.8 May 27
    CW: 145.3 Down 11.5 lbs
    GW: 130 by end of August!

    Thanks everyone for being here. Let's keep on working at it!
  • MeganD1704MeganD1704 Member Posts: 410 Member Member Posts: 410 Member
    @Paz922 because I always eat my lunch at my desk I have a decent amount of time to update in the week- but that also explains my weekend quietness lol! My only real me time during the workday.

    @brittgreenlikethecolor88 I would say not stress eating about the situation already shows the new "Improved" you! I hope whatever the issue is quiets down for you now and you feel more like you :)

    @PatriciaNeves2015 that is amazing news :)! congrats on keeping the trend going down while moving in a pandemic in one of the hot zones! I hope you are staying safe and the move went as smooth as possible. Hopefully settling in will be much better!
  • MeganD1704MeganD1704 Member Posts: 410 Member Member Posts: 410 Member
    As for me-

    My appointment is still on this week which is exciting-but I also totally forgot 1 major thing about this appointment, I cant sweat after it for almost 2 full weeks :tired_face: . Back to just walks and maybe small/ more mini workouts? I also can only have cold showers and need to wear sunglasses everywhere I go- oh the joys.

    As such I will need to get my laundry room 100% painted by Friday- it gets a lot of sun so that little room is like a Sauna.

    Hope you all have a great day :)!
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88brittgreenlikethecolor88 Member Posts: 514 Member Member Posts: 514 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend!! I'm having a pretty lazy one 😎 Next weekend I'm spending an entire day hiking and exploring part of Mount Rainier National forest in WA state with one of my best friends!! I'm so excited! Are staying 2 nights in the area and have our meals and snacks planned out (pretty healthy stuff. We are both dedicated MFP trackers). It should be a great little vacation for us moms!! A healthy recharge!! 👏😁

    May 4- 147.8 lbs ( -1.2 )
    May 11- 148.6 lbs ( + 0.8 )
    May 18- 148.8 lbs ( + 0.2)
    May 25- 147.4 lb ( - 1.4 )

    June 2- 148.4 lbs ( + 1 )
    June 9- 146.4 lbs ( - 2 )
    June 15- 143 lbs ( - 3.4 )
    June 22- 145.8 lb (+ 2.8 )
    June 30- 144.8 lb ( - 1 lb )

    July 1- 144.6 lb ( - 0.2 lb)
    July 9- 144 lb (- 0.6 lb)
    July 19- 142.6 lb (- 1.4 lb )
    July 22-
    July 29-

    SW: 149 (Challenge start weight)
    CW: 142.6
    GW: 138-140

    Weight lost so far: 6.4 lbs
    edited July 19
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend!! I'm having a pretty lazy one 😎 Next weekend I'm spending an entire day hiking and exploring part of Mount Rainier National forest in WA state with one of my best friends!! I'm so excited! Are staying 2 nights in the area and have our meals and snacks planned out (pretty healthy stuff. We are both dedicated MFP trackers). It should be a great little vacation for us moms!! A healthy recharge!! 👏😁

    May 4- 147.8 lbs ( -1.2 )
    May 11- 148.6 lbs ( + 0.8 )
    May 18- 148.8 lbs ( + 0.2)
    May 25- 147.4 lb ( - 1.4 )

    June 2- 148.4 lbs ( + 1 )
    June 9- 146.4 lbs ( - 2 )
    June 15- 143 lbs ( - 3.4 )
    June 22- 145.8 lb (+ 2.8 )
    June 30- 144.8 lb ( - 1 lb )

    July 1- 144.6 lb ( - 0.2 lb)
    July 9- 144 lb (- 0.6 lb)
    July 19- 142.6 lb (- 1.4 lb )
    July 22-
    July 29-

    SW: 149 (Challenge start weight)
    CW: 142.6
    GW: 138-140

    Weight lost so far: 6.4 lbs

    That sounds like so much fun! Great planning to keep on track! 😊
  • my4570my4570 Member Posts: 23 Member Member Posts: 23 Member
    Hmm, didn't lose any weight this week. I had a really bad eating day last Saturday (9 days ago?) and am still feeling the aftereffects. I think I actually gained a little (maybe 0.5 lb?) from that day, and then retained a lot of water afterwards. I hopefully will be able to log in a loss sometime this week since I am finally back to within a 0.5 lb range of my lowest weigh-in. However, I'm really liking the way I actually look, and health and fitness are my overall goals, not only numbers. I do want to reach 115 lbs by the end of July though!

    I've realized that recently, I've been a little fatigued and my muscles are tired. I'm not sleepy or hungry; just a little bit weak and want to lay down a lot. I was in the practice of not eating back any exercise calories (due to the fact that I don't have a fitness watch and do at home workouts, so I don't actually know how many I burned), but since I work out for about an hour a day doing HIIT and pilates (plus an hour walk a day), I think I really am not eating enough sometimes. I calculated my actual deficit required for 1 lb/week, and it is a very disheartening 1050-1100 cal/day. Obviously, that is unattainable and unhealthy, but with my current exercise levels, if I eat back my exercise calories, I could probably have around 1350-1500 and still be under. I'm going to switch the setting on MFP to 0.5 lb/day and try upping my cals from 1200 to 1350 for now to see if that improves my performance. In the beginning, my progress was mostly hindered by my need for a cheat meal once a week, which often would lead to going a little overboard, but now I feel like I don't even need cheat meals, just a maintenance day (so 1600 cal/day without exercise), which I realized isn't even unhealthy or close to what I used to eat. I know I need to start transitioning to a mindset of maintenance so I can be prepared for school and adding in lots of social activities. It's definitely been a journey balancing healthy habits with weight loss struggles with BED recovery...but I'm really glad I get to read all of these posts on here and actually am sticking with MFP this time!

    Good luck everyone and have a fantastic day :)
    edited July 20
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    my4570 wrote: »
    Hmm, didn't lose any weight this week. I had a really bad eating day last Saturday (9 days ago?) and am still feeling the aftereffects. I think I actually gained a little (maybe 0.5 lb?) from that day, and then retained a lot of water afterwards. I hopefully will be able to log in a loss sometime this week since I am finally back to within a 0.5 lb range of my lowest weigh-in. However, I'm really liking the way I actually look, and health and fitness are my overall goals, not only numbers. I do want to reach 115 lbs by the end of July though!

    I've realized that recently, I've been a little fatigued and my muscles are tired. I'm not sleepy or hungry; just a little bit weak and want to lay down a lot. I was in the practice of not eating back any exercise calories (due to the fact that I don't have a fitness watch and do at home workouts, so I don't actually know how many I burned), but since I work out for about an hour a day doing HIIT and pilates (plus an hour walk a day), I think I really am not eating enough sometimes. I calculated my actual deficit required for 1 lb/week, and it is a very disheartening 1050-1100 cal/day. Obviously, that is unattainable and unhealthy, but with my current exercise levels, if I eat back my exercise calories, I could probably have around 1350-1500 and still be under. I'm going to switch the setting on MFP to 0.5 lb/day and try upping my cals from 1200 to 1350 for now to see if that improves my performance. In the beginning, my progress was mostly hindered by my need for a cheat meal once a week, which often would lead to going a little overboard, but now I feel like I don't even need cheat meals, just a maintenance day (so 1600 cal/day without exercise), which I realized isn't even unhealthy or close to what I used to eat. I know I need to start transitioning to a mindset of maintenance so I can be prepared for school and adding in lots of social activities. It's definitely been a journey balancing healthy habits with weight loss struggles with BED recovery...but I'm really glad I get to read all of these posts on here and actually am sticking with MFP this time!

    Good luck everyone and have a fantastic day :)

    I always enjoy reading your posts. You give me a lot of motivation. I am also recovering from BED. I had a bad day week but got back to tracking. The key for me is to avoid sugar and wine. What worked for you?
  • jewelelainecaseyjewelelainecasey Member, Premium Posts: 25 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25 Member
    SW- 176.6lbs (05/03)
    GW- by July 31: 155
    Overall goal:145lbs by June 2021

    May 4: 175.4
    May 11:174.4
    May 18:173.0
    May 25:169.8
    June 1:169.8
    JUNE 4:---168.0!
    June 9:166.8
    June 15:165.8
    June 22:165.5
    June 29: 163.6
    July 6:----
    July 13:163.0
    July 20: 162.2

    Feeling doubtful about reaching my 155 goal. Maybe by the end of August I'll be there. My motivation hasn't been what it was and it's frustrating to me. I need to eat better and start walking more. I literally need a kick in the *kitten* to get going!! Ugh just not feeling it right now need some support friends
  • jewelelainecaseyjewelelainecasey Member, Premium Posts: 25 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25 Member
    For the record it was supposed to say kick in the *ss not *kitten* makes it seem like I want to be kicked in the vagina! Oh Lord that made me LOL🤣🤣😂😹
  • my4570my4570 Member Posts: 23 Member Member Posts: 23 Member
    @Paz922 aw, I love reading your updates too!! You keep me motivated with your progress and encouragement!

    My actual BED recovery took a year where I got out of the restrictive mindset and just ate whatever I wanted, as long as I didn’t have dissociative binges. I gained weight, but I got out of the restrict-binge cycle. Something that helped me as well was intermittent fasting, especially the component where you don’t eat at night. Also moving out of my house (where we had lots of snacks) helped initially.

    In terms of doing weight loss right now without triggering binges, I think intermittent fasting and also everything in moderation helps. Not just focusing on low calorie foods and actually listening to cravings. I love peanut butter so I have it with oatmeal almost every day for my first meal; if I told myself I can’t have it at all, I’m sure i would eat like 5 tbsp at a time instead of 1 tbsp/day. Ramen also used to be a trigger for me, but I’ve learned how to fit it into my calories...and now I don’t even crave it. I also eat ice cream like every day!

    My one struggle is definitely drinks // late night social activities. During quarantine I don’t have those very often, but if I’m “allowed” to eat past 8 then I tend to overeat junk foo! I’m working on preparing myself for those; maybe saving up some calories for weekends but also sticking to low sugar drink options!

    What do you find works best for you in the case of social events?
  • Making_Impossible_PossibleMaking_Impossible_Possible Member Posts: 158 Member Member Posts: 158 Member
    Goal for end of August: 195lbs

    SW Overall: 216.4 (before I joined this thread)
    SW May 11th: 213.2
    End weight June 30: 205.8lbs (loss of 7.2lbs)
    SW July: 204.8

    July1: 204.8
    July 6:
    July 13:
    July 20: 207.8
    July 27:
    Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:

    Well, I fell off the wagon a bit these last few weeks. I'd completely lost my motivation. I was still eating okay-ish and logging sort of but was feeling a bit meh over the whole thing. I decided to get back on it and start logging and exercising again and just go from there. 195 by the end of August is still possible!
  • MeganD1704MeganD1704 Member Posts: 410 Member Member Posts: 410 Member
    Goal for End of Aug: 159 LBS.
    SW Overall:178.6
    SW July: 172.2
    Total loss:

    July 6: 172.2
    July 13: 172.2- TOM (was seeing 168 prior)
    July 20:- not weighting, see below
    July 27:
    Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:

    I successfully had my outpatient procedure on Saturday. I am incredibly swollen/dehydrated still , seriously I am so swollen nothing fits besides some borrowed shirts from hubs and a pair of old pj pants. My arms, legs, stomach everything are swollen. For now I am just avoiding the scales and drinking my water/watching calories. Will weigh in when this goes down a bit!
    Our basement reno is finished at last as well :) last thing I want is a shelf put up and a curtain/rod. Hopefully this weekend and its complete.

    @my4570 perhaps you need to recomp? Not sure if its a fixed number or appearance, but sounds like to me that you may enjoy recomp given the deficit you need now not being very realistic, perhaps check the maintain form out :).

    @jewelelainecasey lol your little edit made me giggle. I am the same way right now- I am dissapointed in myself, its like I am slidding backwards yet I have a lot more to aim towards. Weird mental state. I think youll meet your goal by end of August- I have a good feeling :)

    @Making_Impossible_Possible - you can still make it! way to recommit :)
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    SW- 176.6lbs (05/03)
    GW- by July 31: 155
    Overall goal:145lbs by June 2021

    May 4: 175.4
    May 11:174.4
    May 18:173.0
    May 25:169.8
    June 1:169.8
    JUNE 4:---168.0!
    June 9:166.8
    June 15:165.8
    June 22:165.5
    June 29: 163.6
    July 6:----
    July 13:163.0
    July 20: 162.2

    Feeling doubtful about reaching my 155 goal. Maybe by the end of August I'll be there. My motivation hasn't been what it was and it's frustrating to me. I need to eat better and start walking more. I literally need a kick in the *kitten* to get going!! Ugh just not feeling it right now need some support friends

    You are doing so well! 😊
  • Paz922Paz922 Member Posts: 271 Member Member Posts: 271 Member
    my4570 wrote: »
    @Paz922 aw, I love reading your updates too!! You keep me motivated with your progress and encouragement!

    My actual BED recovery took a year where I got out of the restrictive mindset and just ate whatever I wanted, as long as I didn’t have dissociative binges. I gained weight, but I got out of the restrict-binge cycle. Something that helped me as well was intermittent fasting, especially the component where you don’t eat at night. Also moving out of my house (where we had lots of snacks) helped initially.

    In terms of doing weight loss right now without triggering binges, I think intermittent fasting and also everything in moderation helps. Not just focusing on low calorie foods and actually listening to cravings. I love peanut butter so I have it with oatmeal almost every day for my first meal; if I told myself I can’t have it at all, I’m sure i would eat like 5 tbsp at a time instead of 1 tbsp/day. Ramen also used to be a trigger for me, but I’ve learned how to fit it into my calories...and now I don’t even crave it. I also eat ice cream like every day!

    My one struggle is definitely drinks // late night social activities. During quarantine I don’t have those very often, but if I’m “allowed” to eat past 8 then I tend to overeat junk foo! I’m working on preparing myself for those; maybe saving up some calories for weekends but also sticking to low sugar drink options!

    What do you find works best for you in the case of social events?

    Thank you so much for sharing what has worked for you to stop BED. I also think that restricting the foods I like could be a trigger for me. However, I always overate when I have those foods My key for my BED recovering is to avoid sugar and flour as much as possible. I also try to avoid wine as I tend to overate. Social activities are challenging as everyone that I know drinks and It seems I have to explain why I am not drinking. I am still recovering from a concussion so I can't drink for awhile.
Sign In or Register to comment.