Finally starting to get happier but....

Options
My old stretchmarks are really getting to me... self conscious about them.

q2pgm35it4ve.jpeg

I know they are always going to be there and I’m never going to get rid of them.

I’m maybe being abit stupid but is there a way to ‘mask’ them.

🙃

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    If you have the means, you could see a dermatologist. There are treatments that can reduce their appearance, though it can be pricey. And they generally will become less noticeable on their own with time (not sure how long you've had them).
  • 0191jak1990
    0191jak1990 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    If you have the means, you could see a dermatologist. There are treatments that can reduce their appearance, though it can be pricey. And they generally will become less noticeable on their own with time (not sure how long you've had them).
    THank you! Seeing a dermatologist never actually crossed my mind. May be worth a visit to see how much :smile:

MaltedTea wrote: »
    Well, perhaps a tattoo artist could suggest some ink for that area? 🤷🏿‍♀️ Personally, I think it looks fine... positively rugged even!

I did actually think about this, but if I get something I don’t like then I maybe regret it more! Something to think about though :smile: thank you!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Surgery is one option, quite drastic.
    I've heard conflicting info on the effect of laser treatments on stretch marks, but it's certainly less invasive than surgery.
  • 0191jak1990
    Options
    Laser might be an option! Thank you :smile:
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you look great, and I don't think the stretch marks take away from you.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I think they don't look terrible. Think of them as a badge of success and accomplishment.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,589 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, we're our own worst enemies. You'd be really grossed out by mine!
  • 0191jak1990
    Options
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    Personally, I think you look great, and I don't think the stretch marks take away from you.

Thank you so much! That means a lot :smile:
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I think you look great, we're our own worst enemies. You'd be really grossed out by mine!

Thank you :smile: I wouldn’t say that mine gross me out, just it’s a reminder of bad memories for me :neutral:
  • 0191jak1990
    edited September 2020
    Options

xhzf80kgsixq.png

Back again! Quarantine was a bad time for me. 😩

155lbs still but lost a little muscle (in my opinion) working on ramping up the calories and lifting heavier
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Back again! Quarantine was a bad time for me. 😩

155lbs still but lost a little muscle (in my opinion) working on ramping up the calories and lifting heavier

Sorry to hear you've been having a bad time in quarantine. I hope things are improving for you now. You look great in my opinon, and not a stretch mark to be seen on that photo! (Letting your chest hair grow is clearly a good strategy and cheaper than any dermatological treatment.)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, your stretch marks weren't the first thing I noticed. :blush: Sometimes we're our own worst enemies and are harder on ourselves than on others. Since you've already gotten advice I'm not replying for that purpose. But to agree with everyone that said You Look Great!
  • 0191jak1990
    Options
    Thank you all for the positive feedback :smile:

Agreed letting the hair grow back does hide it a little! Lol

Learning to love what I have more everyday!
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Can't even see them in the second pic! They are very neat. If anyone asks, I'd just say you had a fight with a tiger (and won!)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything in the last photo. Palmers cocoa butter can be found in any grocery/drugstore.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    I prefer the natural look of the second photo, with the hair. I don't even care one way or the other about stretch marks or scars, on anyone.
  • 0191jak1990
    Options
    jacqQ2017 wrote: »
    Can't even see them in the second pic! They are very neat. If anyone asks, I'd just say you had a fight with a tiger (and won!)

Lol! I might just use that!

Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I don't see anything in the last photo. Palmers cocoa butter can be found in any grocery/drugstore.

Thank you :)

I prefer the natural look of the second photo, with the hair. I don't even care one way or the other about stretch marks or scars, on anyone.

Thank you :)