Stretch Mark free pregnancy

Options
RaggedyPond
RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
Anybody else have a stretch mark free pregnancy? Just curious. I ate very healthfully my entire pregnancy and was on my feet walking a lot up until the 8th month. Right after having my baby I was only 15 pounds over my pre-prego weight.

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Glad you had a healthier pregnancy than mine. I was young. My doctor never warned me about my weight gain. We didn't have internet during those days, so I didn't have access to all the great nutrition advice that is available now. Even if I had eaten healthy I'm not sure I would be free of stretch marks. I think everyone's body is different.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes, but pretty sure in my case it is just good genes. My mother didn't get stretch marks nor did my sister. And we gained between 15-35 lbs per pregnancy. (7 pregnancies between all of us)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and the mother of two adult daughters. I've never had a stretch mark. Unfortunately, I can't take that much credit. I think some of it is genetic. My mother and sisters never got them either.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a positive pregnancy confirmation till I was 19weeks term. Prior to this I'd ate all the crap in the world, had been attending the gym on a very vague basis, still drinking on a weekend, didn't use body creams. Plus water intake was shockingly abysmal. Gained 3st. Lost this after approx 5mths. Nope no stretch marks. Go figure :huh:

Close friend always been a healthy weight range. Takes great care of herself. Used every potion & lotion going but her stomach now looks like a road map.

Luck of the draw I guess.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I got some very light, not deep, small ones just on my legs (can't really see them), but none on my belly or breasts. I've been told that the ones I have are not usually what people consider to be stretch marks and that a lot of people get those from puberty, but I'd never had them before.
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    My mom was stretch mark free through both pregnancies. She was a twig before and after maintained much of her baby weight--but still not a single stretch mark! I envy her.

My dad has some on his back, but I managed to get the bad end of the gene pool and I have them EVERYWHERE. If I ever have kids... *Shudders* I don't even want to imagine the stretch marks I could get...
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I had PE both pregnancies, gained weight, got stretch marks, ended up with very high blood pressure which did not resolve after my pregnancies and had two emergency c sections...
    Would of been happy just WITH stretch marks.
  • hottie_in_training
    hottie_in_training Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a single one. I credit it partly to genes as my Mpm didn't get any and to the fact that I douced myself in Bio Oil every night before bed.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I got tons and my friend who gained 10 more pounds than me with each pregnancy and is a size 00 got none after 3 kids....go figure lol
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think it has to be genetic. I gained a ton during both pregnancies and didn't really get any. I didn't use any lotion as was super sensitive to smell and was dehydrated The ENTIRE time from vomiting too. Good luck!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my mother didn't get any and she was pregnant with twins and her starting weight was 95 pounds (she's very small), but she was also very young, so that may be a factor as well.
  • McCrabby
    McCrabby Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No pregnancy stretch marks even though I gained 50lbs. The only stretch marks I have are from my teens, when I went through puberty (hips). I think it's a genetic lottery thing, personally.
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children . First pregnancy at 20 and last at 40 . The most I gained was 30 lbs from a starting weight of around 110 lbs . I dont have any stretch marks but neither does my sister who was really heavy with both her pregnancies so I agree with the genetic link .
  • time2change14
    Options
    Grr, I'm so jealous of all you ladies. :grumble: I've never had kids but I have a ton of deep red and purple stretch marks from being fat. I can't imagine what having kids would do to my body. :o
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was extremely lean when I got pregnant with my first and gained about 40 lbs (on purpose! :) ) and maybe 20 lbs with #2. No stretch marks, but my skin is pretty elastic so, though I'm fit, I have some saggy skin. Agree that it's largely genetic (my mom also has the elastic skin and no stretch marks). I was never really HUGE, though, and have never been overweight, so not sure if I'd get them in that case.
    Good luck! Stretch marks, saggy skin...we all have our issues. :/ Just gotta try to accept (if not embrace) them...I guess.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I gained about 35 kg with each pregnancy but don't have stretchmarks to show for it, fortunately. I did do the daily lotion thing, I used Bio oil for that. Don't know whether it is genetics in my case, at least not from my mothers side :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I gained 50 lbs with my first son with zero stretch marks. Got through my whole pregnancy with second baby and got a few small ones after I had him. I think it had mostly to do with genetics, as my mother was the same way.
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think it is genetic predispositon. I was lucky enough not to get any. I did use Bio Oil a lot both my pregnancies but I also gained around 25lbs each time
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    As my primary care provider said "if your momma has them you probably will too." My momma has them, so do I. I gained a little more than they wanted, I also had a 9lb2.2 oz baby #2 and an 8lb3oz baby #1. I started at 145lbs. And was 150lbs within a month of giving birth. I spent my pregnancy working in a job that required lifting and being on my feet most girls would stop at 7 months I stopped two days before my due date.

My friend is 5'3 115lbs and gained 45lbs with her babies, never worked during the pregnancies and has not one stretch mark. So NSV to lucky genes.

Also 15lbs is not a healthy weight gain by what my DR said (unless your BMI is high), they wanted me to gain at least 20. Normal BMI's 20lbs to 30lbs low bmi's 40lbs and high BMI's 15lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!