Stretch Mark free pregnancy

Options

Replies

• fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch and I don't know how to get rid of them. :/ I had high blood pressure and gestational diabetes, so I only gained 18 pounds with my first and only 4 pounds with my second.
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    I didn't get any stretch marks during either of my pregnancies but I kept my belly lubricated with lotions, etc.
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the genetics thing. I ate like crap, retained water like crazy, had a huge belly and gained 40 lbs. I was also older (36) when I had my daughter. No stretch marks. My mom didn't have them either. I have small ones on my boobs, inner thighs and hips but they have been there since puberty and are not really visible.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have enough stretch marks that it scares small children and I don't even care. Congrats on your good genes, though! :drinker:
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It is all genetics. My first pregnancy I was 8 months and the popped up everywhere. My second pregnancy I don't think I got that many new ones but it made the skin more lose. I only gained a healthy 34 pounds with that pregnancy and went back to my 6 week check up only 10 pounds over pre pregnancy. Some people just get the inevitably. I will say mine are not red and super noticeable. They are skin colored. The loose skin is very noticeable though.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    uggh.... stretch marks .... they look like heat waves shooting down from my C-section scar.:ohwell:

Did anyone conceive naturally at 39 or older? ttc #2 still at 39.
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Itbeginswithyourself Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My doctor said if you mom has them so will you, I have them. Yicks!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i didn't know what a stretchmark waqs until I was in my 40's. i guess brecause i didn't gain a lot during either pregnancy
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nah, I was one of the lucky ones who didn't gain any new stretch marks when I was pregnant. I already had some from the rapid weight gain when I was 10-13 yrs old though. :ohwell:
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I also think it is due to genetics. My children are 17 and 20. I gained 30 lbs the first time and close to 70 lbs (!!!!) with my second. I am very lucky to have no stretch marks on my stomach. I have a few on my hips and things but that's all.

I hope my daughter is as lucky when she is pregnant.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I wish!! I was stretch-mark free until I hit the middle of my 8th month. I was so upset :grumble:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Nope!

I went from being dangerously underweight to well, I feel like I'm twice as thick as I was before I had my oldest.

Stretch marks everywhere!!
    boobs, stomach, hips, knees!
    Everywhere!

:drinker:
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I think it's all in the genes, unfortunately. I gained 40+ lbs with both my girls and didn't get any stretch marks. Oddly enough though, my hips are covered with them from my early teens. Now, ask me about saggy skin and I'll have a different story to tell.
  • mforman32
    Options
    I think it also depends on build,I have like no space between bottom of the ribcage to the hips.
    So my belly each time had no where to go but out so I looked like I swallowed a watermelon.That was one of the reasons my Dr gave me.
    And I definitely have stretch marks.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    With my 1st pg, I was at a normal BMI and gained about 25 lbs (ended the pg still with a normal BMI, lol). Drank plenty of water, exercised daily right up until the end, and ate a healthy diet. Ended up with loads of stretch marks. My mother never got any stretch marks, so I can't say it's in the genes.
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Did anyone conceive naturally at 39 or older? ttc #2 still at 39.

I did ...by accident ! At my 40th birthday celebrations a lot of people I hadn't seen for a while were very amused to see my 5 month pregnant belly !!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    My first pregnancy none, my second one resulted in me being covered in them.

CURSE my genetics......UGH

lol
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    None on my belly, though my boobs got a few during the first pregnancy (not noticeable now).

Stretch marks, and whether you get them or not, are dependent on genetics, body frame (I'm tall; my belly never gets very big), weight gain, and how you carry the baby during the pregnancy. Creams and lotions help with dry and itchy skin, but there is no actual evidence that they prevent stretch marks. So ultimately it comes down to weight gain and luck. :smile:
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Grr, I'm so jealous of all you ladies. :grumble: I've never had kids but I have a ton of deep red and purple stretch marks from being fat. I can't imagine what having kids would do to my body. :o

I hear ya.. I just keep thinking, "It can't get any worse..."
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My mother had them, and I'd already had them from growth spurts along my thighs. So...surprise...after my twins, I look like I was mauled by a tiger...my daughter did no additional damage.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!