Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the moment? When did you decide to take back control?

Replies

• siremidorsiremidor Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I broke 300 pounds. My previous high was 292 pounds and I swore I would never get heavier. Then 5 years later, after up and down and up and down ... I broke 300. So now it is time to start working seriously and making a permanent lifestyle change.
  • elisa123galelisa123gal Member Posts: 3,784 Member Member Posts: 3,784 Member
    I give myself and every person reading this thread a hall pass for gaming weight during the quarantine. I bet almost every American will be 10 to 30 pounds heavier when this crisis ends.

I did a lot of nervous drinking and eating those first two months. It is ridiculous that the collective health of all of us could be more damaged from weight gain than from the threat of getting the virus.

Anyway.. I hit a wall last week..and since then I've had the eye of the tiger. I getting my fit body back and willing to do the work. We all get a do over on this one. :)
  • craicrai715craicrai715 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    The moment for me was when I looked in the mirror and didn’t like the way that I looked and stepping on the scale and seeing that I had gained even more weight. I always carry my weight mostly in my abs and it shows in my back and face. I usually will start exercising and give up because the weight isn’t dropping off as fast as I would like. My goal is to not have high blood pressure anymore and have flat abs with no back rolls or muffin tops. It has been very difficult but I know that I can do this and the MyFitnessPal app is helping me stay on track with my nutritional goals.
  • briankchbriankch Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    being dumped by long distance ex-girlfriend and realized i have gained 10lbs for unlimited and uncontrolled snacks and beers..i have to be good and make she regrets!