Things that make you go Hhmmm ....

Options

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    captcozmo wrote: »
    Too late!🥳🤓🥃😜

Ok. As long as you didnt use alcohol you are safe.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm now the minority not wearing a mask and I do feel bad now when I go out in public. I've tried. Then I hyperventilate.

I went to Costco (as mention in a post above) and everyone was wearing masks.
    After Costco a visit to Safeway was in order and probably only 20% of the folks shopping were wearing masks.
    Then I travel to Target and about 50% (or more) were wearing masks.

It probably just depends on when you are in any given state or community and maybe event the time of day when you're there.

I see most older people wearing them & most young people not wearing them.

Here its probably 70% wear them. That # increases daily. Especially as state # s in virus decrease but where I'm at all of a sudden became a hot spot.

So. If I have to go out, aside from a run, I will do the mask. Because it's better to do it than not.

the numbers of the infected are going up, because we are doing more testing.

it's just that we now know how many people are infected, so it's always been an issue of infected vs. known infected.

Nate Silver had an interesting (and quite logical) article on this topic.
  • captcozmo
    captcozmo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The issue here is half of us are doing our part in following the federal guidelines, and I would argue taking common sense messaures to protect ourselves and the most
    vulnerable. The other half thinks about in a way that impacts themselves only!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    I'm now the minority not wearing a mask and I do feel bad now when I go out in public. I've tried. Then I hyperventilate.

I went to Costco (as mention in a post above) and everyone was wearing masks.
    After Costco a visit to Safeway was in order and probably only 20% of the folks shopping were wearing masks.
    Then I travel to Target and about 50% (or more) were wearing masks.

It probably just depends on when you are in any given state or community and maybe event the time of day when you're there.

I see most older people wearing them & most young people not wearing them.

Here its probably 70% wear them. That # increases daily. Especially as state # s in virus decrease but where I'm at all of a sudden became a hot spot.

So. If I have to go out, aside from a run, I will do the mask. Because it's better to do it than not.

the numbers of the infected are going up, because we are doing more testing.

it's just that we now know how many people are infected, so it's always been an issue of infected vs. known infected.

Nate Silver had an interesting (and quite logical) article on this topic.

This is true. Where I'm at is more rural. So the spike may be in those being tested NOW. In defense of state. They are encouraging all to get tested regardless at this point. Whether that happens...who knows...I had a friend turned away from testing early on because of limits on tests available...
  • captcozmo
    Options
    I’m totally ready to reengage, I can’t wait! I agree it’s not an easy balancing act but we are still in “Health crisis” mode and the more we do our part, the faster we can resume to some form of normalcy? Again, I agree the worst of this may be in the aftermath, but to see folks so careless in public (at this time) frustrates the heck out of me. It’s okay for them -not for everyone! I do realize geography of this matters but I wonder if people realize how contagious this virus is? To many many unknowns...
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    We should circle the wagons when it comes to nursing homes and give the mental health community all possible support.

It's the depressed, the addicts and the aged that concern me most.

I agree with this 💯
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    On another note I’m trying to figure out why the guy who was using a pair of panties as a face mask at the hospital chose that pair? Should I have asked if I could take a picture? Did he not do this for the attention anyway? So many questions and I froze. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • captcozmo
    Options
    Hilarious!
  • captcozmo
    Options
    Things that make you go hhmmm😂😂
  • innaa1789
    innaa1789 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    captcozmo wrote: »
    Meant to be more of a lighthearted post like If the #2
    Pencil is so popular why is it still number two? Hhmmmm

My bad on the original hhmmmm

😂 hahaha! You tried to divert, but too late, the train has left the station. Also the #2 pencil comment is hilarious
  • captcozmo
    Options
    True- that train is loooong gone! 🤣

But If love is blind why is lingerie so popular?? Hhmmmm
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    jiajpmpjwxkk.jpg
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    People who join forum boards but then get butt hurt anytime someone has a different opinion or push back on what they’ve said- they get emotional and the topic at hand goes to *kitten*...boring.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I went to the park today, drove down to the playground area, just enjoying the day. On the way back, I had to stop for a couple of bikers, and a couple more, and a few more. I musta sat at that stop sign 5 minutes while the bikers rode by. So mad, or so happy? aren’t we all out here just to enjoy the day? Hmmmmmm
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    It was gusty today. Kites didn’t fly very well. Went high, then crashed. The kids and adults that were flying them didn’t care. Just kept running. Have we been cooped up that long? Hmmmm
  • corinasue1143
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Driving around, restaurants that were open were empty. In the park, families were picnicking on blankets everywhere.
    Twilight zone time warp? 2020? Or 1950? Hmmm
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Talked to my daughter today.
    She told her 13-year old daughter that since it was Mother’s Day, what she wanted and intended to get was that the 13-year old WOULD come out of her room, eat with the family, and TALK to the family.
    How long has it been since my daughter was 13 and I said the same thing to her?
    Hmmmm. Deja Vu all over again.

• captcozmo
    Options
    Unintentional!

Burn this post...🔥🔥

On the hand:

-Why does Hawaii have interstate highways?

And....
    -What was the best thing before sliced bread

Hhmmmm