About Cooking Fish

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I avoid Fried or Grilled fish for health reasons.

What health problem(s) do you have that caused a need to avoid grilled fish but not broiled? Other than the direction of the heat, they are so similar.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    IMO, the very best way to eat most fish is as sashimi. Salmon, tuna, yellowtail, and snapper are my faves. A rainbow roll is probably the most delicious thing you can ever eat :happy:
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nobody has responded yet so why be defensive. Anyway, pretty much any fish can be steamed or grilled.

well,, because when I start joining here on mfp,, i though all of people here are positive & nice just like me,, but i was mad because there are some negative people here too on mfp,, always make fun of my thread and comments,trolling, spam,tripping,, hate,, jealous,,,attacking me and also accusing me of troll with no reasons or nonsense reasons,,

You mean by creating dupe threads just inserting fish in the title instead of chicken breast?

as for the OP I'd go with en papillote

that what i mean't ,, this thread now i want to know what kind of fish can be grilled and steam,etc and want to know what is the best and healthy,, and in breast chicken of course there's only one kind of chicken or common chicken we want to eat like breast chicken,,

does it makes sense 2 u now?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Nobody has responded yet so why be defensive. Anyway, pretty much any fish can be steamed or grilled.

well,, because when I start joining here on mfp,, i though all of people here are positive & nice just like me,, but i was mad because there are some negative people here too on mfp,, always make fun of my thread and comments,trolling, spam,tripping,, hate,, jealous,,,attacking me and also accusing me of troll with no reasons or nonsense reasons,,

You mean by creating dupe threads just inserting fish in the title instead of chicken breast?

as for the OP I'd go with en papillote

that what i mean't ,, this thread now i want to know what kind of fish can be grilled and steam,etc and want to know what is the best and healthy,, and in breast chicken of course there's only one kind of chicken or common chicken we want to eat like breast chicken,,

does it makes sense 2 u now?

Not really, since you can't seem to get it through your head that labeling food/cooking styles etc either healthy or unhealthy without taking in amount, how often and how it fits in the context of your daily diet is silly, it is doing you no good to try and do so
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Probably because you have made misogynistic, homophobic, and body shaming posts when you first joined. Then there is your weekly threads on the best way to get abs.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like tilapia, pollock, tuna steak, salmon, Mahi Mahi . I find putting fish on a piece of foil on the grill with cooking spray works the best for grilling. I like to cook in a frying pan with Pam cooking spray or olive oil depending on my calories for the day. I'm not big on steaming but don't see why you couldn't. I don't use a microwave for much except popcorn. I like to bake chillean sea bass in the oven with breadcrumbs the natural oil in the fish gives it a fried like quality without actually frying it. I assume it would work with any oily fish.
  • choijanro
    Options
    I like tilapia, pollock, tuna steak, salmon, Mahi Mahi . I find putting fish on a piece of foil on the grill with cooking spray works the best for grilling. I like to cook in a frying pan with Pam cooking spray or olive oil depending on my calories for the day. I'm not big on steaming but don't see why you couldn't. I don't use a microwave for much except popcorn. I like to bake chillean sea bass in the oven with breadcrumbs the natural oil in the fish gives it a fried like quality without actually frying it. I assume it would work with any oily fish.

thats great,, tnx 4 d info mam :)
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sea bass
    Sea trout
    Bream
    Salmon
    I use a steamer and put the fish on lettuce. That way it does not stick. Sometimes I add soy and ginger but watch salt! Steam for 5 minutes or less. I often use a layered steamer and do potatoes first and then the fish on top for the last 5 minutes. Works a treat and energy efficient too..
  • choijanro
    Options
    Sea bass
    Sea trout
    Bream
    Salmon
    I use a steamer and put the fish on lettuce. That way it does not stick. Sometimes I add soy and ginger but watch salt! Steam for 5 minutes or less. I often use a layered steamer and do potatoes first and then the fish on top for the last 5 minutes. Works a treat and energy efficient too..

nice info and recipe u got there mam ,, tnx :)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    nevermind.
  • choijanro
    Options

Probably because you have made misogynistic, homophobic, and body shaming posts when you first joined. Then there is your weekly threads on the best way to get abs.

Whoa.....simmer down. Lol. Someone might report someone and someone might get a warning like someone already did.

Hmmmm....I wonder who OP said was being mean to him.
    *****backs out of thread slowly........********

are u a friendly nice guy like me bro or u just only mean to me because u hate my post and threads or also mean or rude to others besides me?

Whoa.....simmer down. Lol. Someone might report someone and someone might get a warning like someone already did.

are u a friendly nice guy like me bro or u just only mean to me because u hate my post and threads or also mean or rude to others besides me?

You know what. I will stop bothering you. But I will answer your question:

I am a very friendly guy. I'm always supportive of other individuals efforts towards their goals.

I don't hate you. Because in order for me to hate you, you'd have to have enough significance in my life for you to actually have the capabilities of bringing that out in me, which you don't.

I do very strongly dislike your posts because:

It seems as if you wake up some mornings and say to yourself " hmmm, how many threads can I create today". And I think to myself, is he just looking for friends?

The questions you ask can easily be found by just typing the question into google or yahoo or whatever. But whatever I guess this is a forum and that's what forums are for.

The questions you ask, were asked in 10 other threads the same day.

You ask the same question. Different threads. Different days. And then when you are called out on it you reply with "Yes but I forgot the answer and I cant locate my old thread. Fyi - Go to your home page. Bottom left you will see "recent posts" Right above that "view all" <
    click that, to see your own posts.

You will ask a question but at the same time you will be answering someone else's question in a different thread that was the same question you asked in your thread. Huh? Weird, no?

You type like a 5 year old. Tnx 4 da info. Brah.

Feel free to report me again based on the things I just said and tell them I'm being mean to you again. But remember, you asked me a question and I gave you an answer.

so that is ur reasons? ,,

well to be honest,, i dont know that u are offend ,hate or dont like my post,,, but this is me,, this is what i am,, so i hope u just respect and understand my style of post or comment,, but we are the same,, im also nice,friendly , good guy and also helps people in there goals like motivating them and give them some advice and tips ,etc,,, and i hope also vice versa they will also help me too,, etc

well how about we make a peace here shall we? ,, no hurt feelings ,, me respect u and supports u if u respect me and support me ,etc,,, but if u are mean or rude to me,,well vice versa,,

because i just want all of the people here in mfp are positive so that we can reach our goals together ,, and especially we are all the same humans,,, hope we respect & help each other,,

hope u understand and hope this helps
  • choijanro
    Options

I am a very friendly guy. I'm always supportive of other individuals efforts towards their goals.

I don't hate you. Because in order for me to hate you, you'd have to have enough significance in my life for you to actually have the capabilities of bringing that out in me, which you don't.

It seems as if you wake up some mornings and say to yourself " hmmm, how many threads can I create today". And I think to myself, is he just looking for friends?

The questions you ask can easily be found by just typing the question into google or yahoo or whatever. But whatever I guess this is a forum and that's what forums are for.

You ask the same question. Different threads. Different days. And then when you are called out on it you reply with "Yes but I forgot the answer and I cant locate my old thread. Fyi - Go to your home page. Bottom left you will see "recent posts" Right above that "view all" <

You will ask a question but at the same time you will be answering someone else's question in a different thread that was the same question you asked in your thread. Huh? Weird, no?

Feel free to report me again based on the things I just said and tell them I'm being mean to you again. But remember, you asked me a question and I gave you an answer.

well to be honest,, i dont know that u are offend ,hate or dont like my post,,, but this is me,, this is what i am,, so i hope u just respect and understand my style of post or comment,, but we are the same,, im also nice,friendly , good guy and also helps people in there goals like motivating them and give them some advice and tips ,etc,,, and i hope also vice versa they will also help me too,, etc

well how about we make a peace here shall we? ,, no hurt feelings ,, me respect u and supports u if u respect me and support me ,etc,,, but if u are mean or rude to me,,well vice versa,,

because i just want all of the people here in mfp are positive so that we can reach our goals together ,, and especially we are all the same humans,,, hope we respect & help each other,,

PS. and sorry about that because im just new here,, im trying to know a lot of info on this website so that i will get used to and cannot do mistakes again,,
  • choijanro
    Options

I will pass on the peace, respect and support offer......I like things the way the are now.

good and thank u,,

anyway back on topic,, any more opinion or idea?,, also i want to know some recipes :D
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I bake fish with s & p, dillweed and some lemon. I like it simple.
    I've also steamed it in my rice cooker.

Halibut, salmon, rainbow trout, mahi mahi ... some of my favourites.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Mahi mahi and trigger fish are my favourites when on holiday!