Tell me I’m not too far gone.

Options
2»

Replies

• kathy228
    kathy228 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is ALWAYS hope and you are NEVER too far gone ❤️❤️❤️. I’m just starting back myself today. Japanese zen proverb; “Fall down 7 times stand up 8” Persevere, don’t give up.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's never too late. And I say that as someone trying to lose the same weight I lost 2 years ago. And that loss just got me down into the overweight category. It's hard but the alternative to the battle is that my weight would just keep increasing. In a year, five years, a decade... immobility and terrible health issues. Those are the stakes. What does the battle look like? It's not dramatic. I'm recording my calories again - as consistently as I can. I went to bed instead of going to get potato chips. It's slotting a MacDonald burger into my allowance because I like fast food. It's more fish dinners because I love fish and it's a lower calorie dinner in a bad week. It's about finding a way to eat that is more 'custom eating plan' than 'diet.' My guess is you think a diet is about steamed chicken and broccoli for life. It isn't (well, maybe it is for some). It's about finding a way of eating that fits with what you like that you can sustain forever. And then your weight drops off, slowly. Don't give up. Is there one strategy you can try to Start? How about pick-it-and-stick-It for breakfast - find one meal you love for breakfast that fits your daily allowance and have that every day. Six weeks from now, do more. I think this struggle requires a terrier-heart - a small, relentless, yappy dog wirh teeth that keeps circling and attacking regardless of the size of the enemy. Persist!
  • spicynred243
    spicynred243 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Remain hopeful is what I always say! I’m in a 15 lb gain and this thread gives me hope too. Got to believe that you are NEVeR too far gone.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Times I ask myself am I past the point of no return? And then I remember no. Because no matter what, as long as I can try and stay within calorie limits, I can always lose weight. I might not always stay in my calorie limits and it sure is going to take time for me to lose weight, but I didnt get this big overnight. You can do it. You just got to keep going.