Can’t loose weight

Options
Hi! I’ve worked out my whole life but when menopause hit I just could not stop the weight gain. I’ve been back and forth either working out or not caring for about 3 years. I need to loose 10-15 lbs. So now during quarantine I’ve been working hard. Tracking my food every day and working out almost everyday with a variety of workouts. Myfitgoal says I should be down 10 lbs by now and I’ve lost nothing. Menopause has to do it with I know but can anyone help. Thanks so much!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    When you say you are tracking your food, does that mean you are using a food scale? If not, I'd start there. Measuring cups are not very accurate, and eyeballing portions even less so.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • homeintheusa
    homeintheusa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for replying. I don’t weigh my food. I guess I could get a scale but my portions are not big. I am 55, 5’4, weigh 145 and active. Spent all day yesterday fertilizing and cleaning a 192 foot long yard. My workouts are Crossfit type so cardio, weights and core all included and yoga on Friday.

My weight goes up about 3 lbs every 6-8 week and than I land at that weight till it goes up again.

I would like to be 130. I eat lots of fruit and lots of chicken. Have been maintaining 1200 calories most days. Some days less and 3 days around 1400 in a 6 week time frame.

My Fitbit shows I burn 1700-2000 calories a day on average.

Hope I answered everything
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Portions dont have to be big for them to be calorie dense.

https://youtu.be/vjKPIcI51lU

Watch this video, it shows you how much just small amounts can add up huge

Edit: the video doesnt seem to wanna play for me lol.. here is the link written out

youtu.be/vjKPIcI51lU
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for replying. I don’t weigh my food. I guess I could get a scale but my portions are not big. I am 55, 5’4, weigh 145 and active. Spent all day yesterday fertilizing and cleaning a 192 foot long yard. My workouts are Crossfit type so cardio, weights and core all included and yoga on Friday.

My weight goes up about 3 lbs every 6-8 week and than I land at that weight till it goes up again.

I would like to be 130. I eat lots of fruit and lots of chicken. Have been maintaining 1200 calories most days. Some days less and 3 days around 1400 in a 6 week time frame.

My Fitbit shows I burn 1700-2000 calories a day on average.

Hope I answered everything

You only want to lose 15 pounds? You're going to have to be spot on with your calorie intake and a food scale will help with that. They're relatively cheap, $10-$10 at Walmart or Amazon. Get one and experiment. Find out if you are really eating the amount of calories you think you are. If you find out you are eating what you think you are, at least you will have eliminated one issue.
  • rehand1978
    rehand1978 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Portions dont have to be big for them to be calorie dense.

https://youtu.be/vjKPIcI51lU

Watch this video, it shows you how much just small amounts can add up huge

Edit: the video doesnt seem to wanna play for me lol.. here is the link written out

youtu.be/vjKPIcI51lU

Thank you for posting this. I usually see a drop in pounds the first week and I gained a pound instead. I need to weight my food, not estimate like I've been doing. I ordered a scale and next week is going to be better! Thanks for the post!