Let’s support each other

Options
greenkaren731
greenkaren731 Posts: 18 Member
edited May 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I’m Karen from 🇬🇧. Joined up today so looking for support and to make new friends. I used to weigh 24st 7lb but had weight loss surgery and lost a total of 14st 7lb. Over the last three years I’ve gained 5st. I have mobility issues and on lots of medication but I’m ready to make changes and feel really positive just now.

Replies

• KY_Angler
    KY_Angler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    pjq966wa1ep7.jpeg

Incredible job my friend! :)
  • greenkaren731
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you Chief. I’m a long way from where I used to be, I have to keep reminding myself of how far I’ve come but I’d like to lose 3st of the 5st I’ve gained. x
  • KY_Angler
    KY_Angler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you Chief. I’m a long way from where I used to be, I have to keep reminding myself of how far I’ve come but I’d like to lose 3st of the 5st I’ve gained. x

That’s the mentality to have! I’ve gained so much weight but I tell myself that I’ve done it before, I can do it again!

Btw, awesome second picture you posted!

• greenkaren731
    Options
    You can do it! You can do anything you put your mind to. Sometimes we just need a good word with ourselves. You’ll have to forgive me I’m trying to find my way around this app. I’m useless with stuff like this 🤣 I don’t have a clue what I’m doing haha 🙄 I hope you’ve had a good day.? If not remember tomorrow’s a new day x 👍🏻
    And thank you. ☺️
  • Westieok
    Westieok Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started today also. I’m not new to weight loss tho. Been anywhere between 196 and 206 and only 5’2”. Currently starting at 202 I also have mobility health and medication issues but my life looks like it will be awful if I don’t lose weight now I’m ready to start this again. Sounds like Karen and I are a good match! You and I can do this. It may be a bit slower than other people until we can burn some kcal.
  • greenkaren731
    Options
    @Westieok it’s tough isn’t it. It’s like a vicious circle. I’m scared of gaining more weight which will effect my mobility and illnesses more so I decided to look after my body which will take pressure off my joints, will be good for mental health and I’ll feel fitter. We can do this 😀
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am looking for support. I started this at the end of September 2019 and by December I lost a little over 2 lbs. As of today since December I’ve gained 7 lbs. I’m really not exercising either. I want to get healthier and lose weight. I’m just really struggling.
  • rdulco
    rdulco Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fantastic journey! Feel free to add me.
  • greenkaren731
    Options
    Inboxed you lovely.
  • greenkaren731
    Options
    @mssue18 add me as a friend I don’t know how to do it 🤣. I’ll give you encouragement. Would love to chat. 😀
  • The_Tyler_project
    The_Tyler_project Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. Not new to fitness, but my diets and fitness are always changing.
  • gaylemcquilken
    gaylemcquilken Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What an amazing achievement, well done! I'm sure u can achieve it again. I'm always like a you, but at my heaviest just now and hate it! Need to stay focused
  • mssue18
    Options
    Well, the big problem for me is tracking everything I’m eating. When I did that it helped me lose a little weight. I stopped doing that and I started eating more and gained some weight. I want to start tracking my food again. It’s hard for me. I need to just start. Last night I put one thing I had for dinner in my diary. It was the first time in months. It will hopefully help me get started again.
  • greenkaren731
    Options
    @mssue18 Tracking is a HUGE key to success. I track everything that passes my lips because it’s so easy to forget what you’ve eaten etc. It’s the things that’s missed off that contain calories that don’t get counted and they really matter. Just try make a conscious effort to log things and just think to yourself it’s going to be beneficial on your journey. 👍🏻
  • joanncarbone4
    joanncarbone4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Karen from 🇬🇧. Joined up today so looking for support and to make new friends. I used to weigh 24st 7lb but had weight loss surgery and lost a total of 14st 7lb. Over the last three years I’ve gained 5st. I have mobility issues and on lots of medication but I’m ready to make changes and feel really positive just now.

I am looking for new friends. I just rejoin read my profile.
  • absandproteinshakes
    absandproteinshakes Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great journey and love that you have found your new hobby. It’s a lifestyle each day 💪. 👍 Well done.
  • greenkaren731
    Options
    @absandproteinshakes thanks darlin. That’s really kind of you. Looking for all the support I can get to help me on my journey. I’m in a really good mental state right now. 💪🏻 I can and I will do this. 😀
  • mssue18
    Options
    I walked for 20 min. today. It gave me extra exercise calories to have in my daily total. So far my day is going well. I want frozen yogurt now. I don’t want to reward myself with food. I think I will have some water. Ask myself if I really want food.