Being stuck. Demotivated.

Options
13»

Replies

• UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I can’t wait to reach 107/108kg and update here that I finally broke the cycle 😕💜
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    briscogun wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    OK Ms @UmaMageswarymfp! I am going to be a mean *kitten*!

Do you WANT to stop spinning your wheels? NOT everyone actually wants to, and it is OK, if you don't. Nothing wrong with a pause

But if you DO want to stop spinning your wheels, it is time to put your big girl pants on and make rational decisions based on data!

More than 35% of your past 30 days are un-logged. WHY?

I don't care how far over, or under, you are on any which day. Being over doesn't mean that you get to put your day out of SIGHT and out of mind! LOG EVERY DAY.

While you have EVERY RIGHT to be over. You also have the obligation, to yourself, for now, to actually KNOW how much over you were. And then review and USE THE DATA to make decisions based on facts, not "feelz".

And what's with "Cheat DAY" in the first place? At this stage of the game a single higher Calories MEAL should be more than enough for you to enjoy your weekend and adhere to your plans. But NOT an off plan DAY.

Normal means normal. Normal is eating within your reasonable GOALS NOT outside. And yes, for that to happen your goals have to be SANE.

If you have an indulgent meal, your next eating window it when you go back to normal. The "I've blown today so I'll continue eating all the goodies for now" no longer exists as an option!

And don't give me the: "but I can't fit everything I want into a single meal"!

Again. Normal is normal. And if you want to eat something, I don't care how healthy or unhealthy, make it fit into your normal REASONABLE allotment of calories. Instead of having "pipe-dream" targets that you miss 35% of the time (see the info-graphics below), it is time to have REAL TARGETS that you will hit 90+% of the time.

You tell me you want to push to go faster because your MFP goals are not fast enough. I am telling you that the fastest path to nowhere is to continue to engage in a classic restrict-binge spiral.

dfdrx53hz9zv.jpg

zuhvzdi3n8ff.png

Yeah sometimes I don’t log in cause I’m lazy / it’s over / way too under but lemme log in properly from now on. Feel free to keep me in check

Not to be mean, but you need to keep yourself in check. This isn’t a team sport. It’s for you, your health, your weight, your life. If you can’t do it for yourself, what in the heck is some internet stranger going to do?

Like @PAV8888 said, time to put your big girl pants on.

My best advice would be to start being honest with yourself first and just start logging truthfully and accurately EVERY DAY for a while, even if it’s a disaster of a meal/day. Just do it and stop burying your head in the sand and then complaining about the mouthful of sand as a result.

The reasons you want to lose weight have to outweigh the reasons you want to binge/eat/gain. Only you can decide what those reasons are...

Dude you’re making it sound like I’m failing miserably at what I’m doing. I’m struggling but yeah I thought this app is suppose to help people / inspire people. I’m grateful for those who are reaching out to me. Just so you know I have successfully lost 20kgs till this moment by MYSELF . I’m having some issues rn and I’m actively working on it. No need to be mean about it though. Thanks for your input.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Uma the logging is an issue.

You're latching on being motivated by scale results and creating a reward feedback loop when you see success for your hard work.

You then work harder to restrict, eventually break, take a while to return to your diet.

Till one day the time period of when you'll get back will continue to be tomorrow for long enough that you will be posting in the I'm back section.

**Your reward loop should not be the scale*

The scale will provide information that you can use to fine tune the actual reward loop.

But your reward loop should be based on you achieving the pre conditions that will eventually allow you lose weight over time. Not be tied to weight directly.

Regulating your "calories in" is mostly in your hands.

This is where 85+% of your results will come from, so it would make sense to dedicate 70 to 90% of your efforts there.

Slowly ramping up your activity and exploring new things to do is where the rest of your results will come from. Plus healthy, plus you'll feel better.

But the scale results are not a direct correspondence to your efforts.

there is a relationship but it is indirect.

Your Victory should not be getting to 107. Or being disappointed because 5 or 6 months later you're not at 100.

First of all you should be using weigh trend app, not scale weight as your target.

Secondly and I'm deadly serious, I see a bit of a social culture with people dieting and making efforts and it being almost a social thing to discuss I tried this or that.

You're not losing a couple of vanity lbs. This is your health and if you haven't felt it yet due to youth, try not to wait like I did before waking up!

There is no try, there is only do (or whatever Yoda said)

Your weight is not 100% in your control. Bad success motivator

Your desire to eat things is not something you will always be able to keep in check. Bad success motivator.

Logging 100% of your meals, on 100% of your days?

100% in your control. Good motivator.

Logging everything you're about to put in your mouth BEFORE you do so?

Excellent success motivator since it is entirely in your hands.

And it gives you a chance to think twice whether you're eating something due to physical hunger or due to some other need.

And it forces you to start learning to NOT wait till you're absolutely famished to eat (which often causes overeating)

Putting in the work to plan and understand yourself? .

Figuring out how to fit KFC in a day and what is the minimum amount of KFC that will keep you going. Or whatever else it is you're after, I'm using KFC because you brought it up

Productive use of your time for now and in the future.

A rewarding puzzle game with the side effect of helping manage your weight.

You need to discover and mold into the Uma who is maintaining her normal or slightly overweight weight once she has successfully reached her goals in a few years.

Are you willing to look me in the eye and tell me that you're going to be successful spending the next 50+ years acting the way the infographics I posted above depict?

Yet the infographic are showing exactly what you've been doing since you started fretting about your trip a few months back!

Yes you have done an amazing job over the past good year or so.

Now it is time to evaluate whether what has worked for you in the past continues to be working, or whether it is time to adjust!

And then adjust and move forward!

Thank you soo much , I’ll log properly from now on