WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    My husband had his hernia surgery on Monday. We got to the hospital at 7:45 a.m. and home at 5:30 p.m. They gave him a COVID test and we had to wait on the results of that before they’d take him back. He is doing well, managing pain with Aleve and ice. He got 10,000 steps Tuesday and over 12,000 yesterday and today. He’s taking it easy except for the walking. I’ve been doing his chores and all the cooking.

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well! I hope the remainder of his recovery will be good.

My husband goes for his next Thursday. I wonder if they'll do a COVID-19 test. I wouldn't mind both of us being tested. I do need to register him online so that kind of info might be provided in that process.

I said something today about looking for a book or something for my husband because he won't be doing gardening for a little while. "Why not?" And it sounded like he thinks he'll be out there digging and weeding and doing his usual stuff right away. I'm going to have to keep an eye on him!

But it is good to know that walking should be OK. I will, of course, ask the doctor.

I figure I will have to make dinner for a few nights so I'm going to toss some chicken and veg into the slow cooker.

M in Oz

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    REBECCA hope your daughter is ok ❤️❤️

Nice card and bottle of wine from DH this morning we don’t really buy each other presents ( just get any stuff we want through the year) mainly me that gets stuff LOL he’s not really into material things. Wasn’t able to get out for a card so I made one ( not wonderful as I’m great knitting and sewing but not crafting. Then I looked in my stash and found a card so gave him the 2

Still wet and miserable here so no walk in the park

Welcome newbies

Stay safe everyone

Kate UK ❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,408 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I've set up a Covid Test with the local school district. Lucky for me, I'm a retired teacher. They wanted an excuse to turn me away but they saw my Retired Public Employee card and let me in. The surgery date is on everyone's calendar. One less worry on the list. For now.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

All the ducks seem to be lining up nicely. I’m crossing everything for a smooth run for you. 💕💖💕
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Apparently Bear was hungry!

Rhody picked him up carried him about for a while, almost dropped him, picked him up again with a more secure grip, and then carried him to his dish and set him in, face down.

He has put PurpleMouse in the dish before too, and BlueMouse was in there today. We're guessing he thinks they're hungry.

c0xfsolv5xif.png

M in Oz

Kitties are endlessly fascinating. <3 Does Rhody fetch?
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Machka Our cat Logan puts things over his food too, many's the time I've caught a glimpse of something in his dish and realised it was a toy mouse or something. We think he does it to "hide" his food from his sister Maggie as if to say keep off! :D

Rebecca I hope your daughter is okay and doesn't have Covid.

My daughter had a letter inviting her to participate in a Covid19 in home antibody testing research study. She's not too keen, I'd have snapped their hand off :) but she has been chosen at random and can't transfer the invitation to anyone else. Shame. It does say that the test is not 100% accurate.

I'm still catching up, but time has gotten away with me again, need to go check on my mum, I'll try and get back later.

Raining again! :/

Love
    Viv UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Kate Happy Anniversary! It looks as if your day is off to a good start! Hope the rest of your anniversary day and weekend are lovely as well. xo -Karen

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all! Doing the Friday dance here! Whoot!
    Roomba- There was a time when I thought I might like one; but, now, I am positive it would be broken in a matter of hours/days by small children trying to ride on it. I am vacuuming/sweeping daily (sometimes multiple x a day) anyhow.
    Debbie Napa Valley- You are a childcare provider! ?!?! I am, as well, (27 years)! Did you stay open during the shut down? How are things going for you? Are you family or group? Does your husband work with you in caring for the kids?
    Rebecca - Long term memory (the ability to recall specific informaton) doesn't happen until age 3/4; unless there is a traumatic event, then often times those memories can be recalled. Infants through age 2 do have short term memory and will remember voices, and faces/places and how those things/people made them feel. BUT...they lose that memory if they aren't around it for 14 days or longer. Which is why I am so grateful for viber/facetime/skype. Anything that puts me and my voice into my grandsons lives on a regular basis. Feel free to share this info with your son and his family to encourage more facetime!

Ooops! Time has gotten away from me! Kiddos arriving soon and I still have to do my yoga! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Kathy Smith Step Workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Weight Loss Pilates DVD

Drkatie – I thought I heard about some sort of insurrection in Atlanta which is why I was asking about you and Carol

M – we read in the Tufts University newsletter, Catnip, that the reason house cats bring their toys to their food dish is because they see the toy as “prey” and they are bringing the “prey” back to the “nest”. For a house cat, this is the only "nest" they know of

Michele NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ There was rioting and looting at the Lenox Square Shopping Center after the Minneapolis man got killed. Then, after the newest police and black man incident in downtown last Friday there was more rioting and they completely burned down a Wendy's where it happened. It has been all over the news stations all week.

Carol in GA

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    Pot storage ... a while back we talked about cooking pot storage. This is the sort of thing I think I'd like. No trying to dig out the large pot from the bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GVHQWB2/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

yqiy0844l7x3.png

pk78p2pm7n9s.png

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Carol so sorry. It is awful for your community.

If you have to do any driving take extra care. Here more and more people are about. I saw the remains of two bad accidents this week that I was minutes away from actually seeing them happen. One involved a man fleeing police. I saw the remains of the accident 5 minutes after it happened. He hit a car so hard the engine of one of the cars was in the intersection. I was five minutes behind him in the route he took. I also was letting a pedestrian go across a street when someone illegally passed me on the right. I am on the road more than I like because I go over to son's twice a day. We walk at lunch and dinner time. He lives about 10 minutes away. I have been very aware of how traffic has changed over the last couple of months. Now I am much more aware and drive defensively. From my text you can tell I am seeing much more reckless driving than I saw a month or two ago. Take care...

:heart: Margaret

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    DH noticed quite a lot more chaotic behaviour in our little supermarket this morning. No one was supervising how many people were in the shop today and he didn't feel comfortable. I think they did send someone to sort it out eventually. People are getting a bit blasé. I might wear a mask next time I go. Up until now it's been very good.

I went for my 5k. Very breezy and choppy seas, but not at all crowded. :D The early morning rain put the day trippers off.

I'm making ragu today. I might have mine with a lot of cabbage and a little tagliatelle. DH more tagliatelle. Friday night is wine night. A cheeky little Primitivo? :p 'Vera' repeat. Happy days.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA: This is all about the colonoscopy. It was cancelled and reopened. The surgical group won’t let anyone in their door without a covid-19 test and a mask. They have been adding hurdles from my pov. On the other hand, they’re reopening their surgical practice in Portland, and that city has the most Covid 19 cases in Oregon. :grumble:

Machka: My daughter in law is a qualified pilates instructor. She had physical issues and went to a pilates class near where she lived in the Olympia WA area. She was helped so much that she decided to take the instructor classes and is now a certified pilates instructor. With current Covid 19 worries, I doubt she is teaching at this time. :flowerforyou: It sounds like your kitty is trying to fed his babies.

Terri: Thanks for your kind support. I am starting to be grumpy about this whole thing. I’m going forward mainly because I like my primary care doctor and she wants me to do it. :ohwell:

Karen in VA: I love the cartoon. Humor helps! :bigsmile:

KJ: My older grandchildren thrive on phone chats. Zoom is a blessing. :star:

Carol in GA: I’m sorry for the unrest in your area. Black lives matter. So do Natïve American lives, Asian lives, Middle Eastern lives, and Caucasian lives. I hope I didn’t miss anyone. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: I wonder why there is an upsurge in traffic accidents in your area. One idea that pops to mind is that people may be going a little nuts during confinement for Covid 19. Staying home all of the time is a huge departure from the freedom we usually take for granted. :ohwell:

Yoga class is available today for the first time in a long time. I am planning to go.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Machka Oooohh!!! I really like that pot storage. The lids are right there with the pot, everything so nice and accessible. YAASSS!!!!

I can't quite make out the brand of that rack...