WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I have a surgical procedure coming up, as I’ve whined about for weeks. I was told I need a covid test to get in the door, so I looked for a place to get it done. It will cost a bundle. It has occurred to me that the doctors will want to test me at their door. I’ll call them during office hour and ask. The local test will cost more than $100, and might be rejected as valid by the doctors. I’ll call them asap and find out.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Carol GA- we saw that on the news here did they catch the 2 white girls who set the Wendy’s ablaze?

Daughter test results will be anywhere from today to Monday even it’s a waiting game now.Praying she doesn’t have it luckily she’s antisocial.Theirs times I praise Hod for that

Amber Tx

Exercising y eating today not sure what I’m eating got a lot of choices of leftovers
  • cbteco
    cbteco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    trying KETO again - who else is on keto? have a great June, thanks for the inspiration!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    I think my son and wife Skype with her Mom all the time. Video chatting is a thing that needs to be instigated by the parents, because you know only they know a good time. I mean I can't call and say "I need to Skype Athena"! To me that is no different that going to a home unannounced. They are the ones with the busy lives, working, doing online college courses, and raising Athena. That's my view on it anyways. I have told son that we are here retired, and that they're the ones with the schedules, calls need to be organized on his end.👍I
    💖Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    What we usually do about Zooming is - text, or WhatsApp first, saying , 'Any chance of Zooming the kids this weekend? (week, day etc)' and then my son says "yep, how about Sunday at 3 pm, (etc)" and he is the one who sends us the invitation at the right time. We always pre book a time. <3 Now Max often sends the invite to us from his laptop. :o Sometimes their plans change and my son texts us and says, "sorry, running behind, can it be 3.30 pm?"
    Seems to work fine. I wouldn't like a surprise call as I like to put my face on. >:)

KJ - Here's one just for you! <3 He is in the local paper, raising money for Brighton nightspots, by live streaming performances. The money raised will help struggling venues. That is his café by the Lagoon near us.
    h86qiub1c0pm.jpg

Had a lovely nap on the sofa.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I have a surgical procedure coming up, as I’ve whined about for weeks. I was told I need a covid test to get in the door, so I looked for a place to get it done. It will cost a bundle. It has occurred to me that the doctors will want to test me at their door. I’ll call them during office hour and ask. The local test will cost more than $100, and might be rejected as valid by the doctors. I’ll call them asap and find out.

That's so surprising! Medicare Part B covers the cost of this test, according to Medicare.gov. So do all state-regulated insurance plans. I wonder why it's going to cost you so much? What a pain!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Happy Friday all! Doing the Friday dance here! Whoot!
    Roomba- There was a time when I thought I might like one; but, now, I am positive it would be broken in a matter of hours/days by small children trying to ride on it. I am vacuuming/sweeping daily (sometimes multiple x a day) anyhow.
    Debbie Napa Valley- You are a childcare provider! ?!?! I am, as well, (27 years)! Did you stay open during the shut down? How are things going for you? Are you family or group? Does your husband work with you in caring for the kids?
    Rebecca - Long term memory (the ability to recall specific informaton) doesn't happen until age 3/4; unless there is a traumatic event, then often times those memories can be recalled. Infants through age 2 do have short term memory and will remember voices, and faces/places and how those things/people made them feel. BUT...they lose that memory if they aren't around it for 14 days or longer. Which is why I am so grateful for viber/facetime/skype. Anything that puts me and my voice into my grandsons lives on a regular basis. Feel free to share this info with your son and his family to encourage more facetime!

Ooops! Time has gotten away from me! Kiddos arriving soon and I still have to do my yoga! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I was licensed provider or preschool teacher for over 35 yrs then just went to Trustline(only can have one family but don't have to deal with licensing anymore).I have done Trustline for almost 2 yrs now. I had triplets for six years, starting when they were 3 months old, 55 hrs a week. After six years their mom decided not to go back to work. They wore me out so decided it was a good time to cut back. Yes, I have been open during all of this. We were actually allowed to take more kids over our limit to help out. I chose not to. I didn't want to have random new kids coming in. My husband retired from Safeway after 35yrs but was asked to go back part time five years ago. During all of this virus stuff they have also lifted the amount of hours the retirees can work. Before it was 63hrs a month. Now there is no limit. It was supposed to be just until the end of this month but he just got a call- they have extended it through September. They are working him 40hrs a week, which is starting to wear on him. He has chosen to work all graveyard shifts to limit contact with customers. They are required to wear masks when customers are there. They have allowed them to not have them on if they are working alone(more than 8ft from another employee) and do a wellness check before each shift. I have made masks for him, some of his coworkers along with others- about 150 made. Some given as gifts, some traded(getting home made pesto for some) and others paid for.
    No, he never helps with the kids at all. He didn't even really help with our own kid. He stays in his room or goes out with his friends when the kids are here. He couldn't understand why I wanted him quiet during nap time, especially with the triplets.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Is your spouse supportive of your trying to loose weight or do they tend to bring foods home that make it hard to stay on track?
    What is harder to stay on track with- your eating or exercise?
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the soup kitchen. They had these ginormous chicken sandwiches. I was taking them off the pan and someone else was wrapping them. They also had pasta salad and cake (what else?) I also helped put things in the bag again. They got a large delivery of eggs so I was told that everytime I go I am welcome to take some. Really, I probably wouldn’t pay for them. They are Nellie’s free range, so you know they aren’t cheap. I usually take 2 containers (18 in each). I took 2 last week, one is gone and ½ of the other is gone. So I took 2 more today

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Question: I've been having some trouble logging into MFP. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas why? This time it took 3 tries.

Katla
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Question: I've been having some trouble logging into MFP. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas why? This time it took 3 tries.

Katla

I frequently have issues with MFP on my laptop, particularly my regular feed. I just wait a bit and refresh, wait a bit, refresh, repeat until I get in. If that frustrates me too much or I get impatient, I use my phone. I never have issues with the app.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,408 Member
    Options
    Edit test for tech support
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Katla - I am shocked to read that you have to pay for COVID tests? Is that normal?

Rebecca - if I waited for my daughters to instigate anything I would be dead and buried. If I were you, I would text them and say is there a good time to talk today?

Katla - It has taken me several attempts all week long. Once I get in, it seems to work fine though. On my app on the phone, it just tells me it is updating.

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Amber: 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 For your daughter’s safety from COVID.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Snowflake: My doctor says they'll take care ofit, but I have no concrete help. I have a colonoscopy prep ready to use but that will not be enough. I'm supposed to get a Covid19 test, too. I need that and don't have a local supplier. :grumble:
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Traffic/accidents: I think that people have got rusty on driving on congested roads. I know that here the traffic was very light for about 12 weeks, and most people weren’t driving often/long distances.

The relaxation of restrictions gives a combination of heavier traffic, and out of practice drivers , causing more accidents. Then there is the problem if the anxiety caused by the civil unrest.