Need motivation/ideas

Options
I have hit a stall in my weight loss. I’m about 5 1/2 pounds from my goal weight and I’ve switched up my exercise routine and tried eating a little more and eating less and the pounds and inches aren’t changing. Any advice or something new I can try to start seeing results again????

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Switched your exercise from what to what? You ate less of what and more of what? And how long have you been stalled, in your opinion?

In order for folks to help, you're going to have to be more graphic.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
  • Samantha972016
    Samantha972016 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea I was doing a program of circuit training six days a week and now I am doing more cardio such as walking and I cut the circuit training back to four days a week. I also do two to three days of body weight workouts. And with eating I was just talking about calories in general. I was eating around 1300-1500 a day and increased those to around 1700-1800 for about a week and then dropped back down to 1300-1400. The stall has been the past month or so. My weight fluctuates naturally but I’m just not seeing any results and the inches have been the same for two months.
  • Samantha972016
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I do use a food scale but not very often. I normally only use it to measure meat or pasta
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I do use a food scale but not very often. I normally only use it to measure meat or pasta

Start there, then. You're gonna have to be spot on with your calories now. That "precision and patience" bit.

I added a couple of threads to my original post. Check them out, especially the second one. Here, I'll just throw them back in again.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    @MaltedTea I was doing a program of circuit training six days a week and now I am doing more cardio such as walking and I cut the circuit training back to four days a week. I also do two to three days of body weight workouts. And with eating I was just talking about calories in general. I was eating around 1300-1500 a day and increased those to around 1700-1800 for about a week and then dropped back down to 1300-1400. The stall has been the past month or so. My weight fluctuates naturally but I’m just not seeing any results and the inches have been the same for two months.

kk! I'm by no means a pro but this is likely enough info for more folks to help you thoughtfully.

That said, two months may not necessarily be a plateau seeing as you're making several changes within a relatively short time period.

I will move aside now. More MFP sages like @quiksylver296 will come along and give you great insights!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

kk! I'm by no means a pro but this is likely enough info for more folks to help you thoughtfully.

That said, two months may not necessarily be a plateau seeing as you're making several changes within a relatively short time period.

I will move aside now. More MFP sages like @quiksylver296 will come along and give you great insights!

Whatever, @maltedtea! You know what's up. You definitely don't need to defer to me. I always agree with the info/advice you give.
  • Samantha972016
    Options
    @quiksylver296 thank you I will check those out.
  • sarahkb615
    sarahkb615 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Could it be that your body is at the weight that is naturally healthy and those last few pounds don’t really matter? I’d suggest work on loosening your focus on that number and instead turn your attention to all the things you’re able to do now (or do better) as a result of all the work you’ve put in so far.
    There’s a good chance that once you hit your “goal weight” life won’t magically become amazing anyway. A better strategy may be to notice the amazing-ness of your life as it is, continue with the healthy habits you’ve established, and focus your attention on another area of your life where you can grow your talents/passions. 💕
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    *bump*
  • Samantha972016
    Options
    @sarahkb615 I have thought of that and it could be true but I’m not thinking in terms of amazing at a certain number in the scale. I am trying to slim down to fit back into my work pants that I wore just a couple years ago so not a big loss and not impossible. I am not miserable at my current weight just want to be more fit and stay healthy.