What do you weigh? What size clothes RIGHT NOW?

Options

Replies

• walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    6ft 206lbs

Shirt Size XL
    Dress shirt 17 1/2 neck /34in sleeve length
    Pants 36 waist
    Jacket 44 or 46
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" 138 lbs. with 23 lbs. to go to goal...My tops are mostly medium with a few smalls, which was an added bonus cause medium is OK with me and never expected to go smaller. My Easter dress was a milestone in that I fit into an 8 comfortably for the first time. In pants and shorts I mostly have 8-10s but when I bought new summer clothes, I found one pair of shorts in a 6 that fit which felt good cause that is loosely my size goal and the first thing I've owned in that size since high school. But I have a friend in fashion design and I asked her about this whole weird sizing thing....it really has nothing to do with OUR bodies or actual measurements or us being "in between" or anything. There really is no standard enforceable measurements for each size that applies across the board for all companies so each company sets their own standards; and it is further dependent on the measurements of the fit model they get when designing the garment to begin with. Plus the whole vanity sizing thing that keeps making the smaller sizes larger to boost the egos of people who want to say they wear such and such a size but don't have the body for the traditional size. So in my case, the bottom line I was trying to find out in this conversation, is that in general, (with all aforesaid variations and exceptions in mind), if I wore a size 6 in 1984 that roughly translates to a size 8, sometimes even a 10 today. The key is not to focus so much on the number on the size label as to find clothes you feel comfortable in and be happy with it cause no one sees the label but you anyway and if you look/act great, no one else is going to care about the number. You're more than that number anyway!!

Very interesting! I read about the differences in sizes as well.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 117 lbs, and I wear a ladies 0 or juniors 1 or 3 depending. 25 or 26 in jeans, XS or S in most stuff. I'm really trying to tighten stuff up though because I look pretty good in clothes but not so much naked.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    At last weigh in, 159.6 and as far as size XL shirt and size 15/16 pants depending on the brand. Truthfully I'm probably smaller than that but not by much because my pants are all becoming what I refer to as "belt pants" because most of them I cannot wear out in public unless I have something to hold them up.
  • Jesiena
    Jesiena Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    5'7
    151 lbs
    size 10 pants and medium shirts
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'', and I currently weigh 223.6. Just bought some jeans in size 20; I wear XXL stretch pants from Target.

This is an improvement, because I used to wear size 24 pants; I had to use the Plus Size Department at Target.

Happy dieting!!!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    5'5" and 125.4 lbs.

I wear size 4 (S) tops and 4/6 (S) pants; dress pants are 4, Lulu Lemon (runs smaller) is 6.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    12 or 14 pants (depending upon brand and cut)
    medium or large shirts (depending upon roominess in bust)
  • michbarry27
    Options
    i literally just started on this site 10 min ago, I'm at 325 now. I'm 5'7 and a size 48 pants and XXXL shirt. hoping to change the pants number by next month.
  • ziggiezambi
    Options
    5'4"
    120lb
    name brand pants:size 2-3
    shirts: Womens Medium/Small Juniors Large/Medium (I like my pants snug and shirts baggy)
    :)
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Heaviest Weight:205
    Current Weight: 188
    Lightest Weight:130
    Height: 5'3"
    Largest size: 18
    Current size: between 14&16
    Smallest Size: 6-7

I wear a L /XL shirt,and at my smallest, typically wore a M/L

I've always had issues buying clothes. I have a large butt and thighs as well as broad shoulders. If my pants fit over my hips, they're loose in the waist, even with my current gut. Another issue I have, pants are always too long. If I get a short size, they're a little too short. I either have to walk all over them or pay $15 to have them hemmed. Capris, forget it, they just look like short pants on my legs. haha

In my adult life, I haven't worn a size S shirt, even when I was in great shape. My shoulders are too broad and my boobs are too big(not that they're very big). If I were taller, I think I would actually look kind of curvy! haha
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and a half, currently 228 and wear 18/20 in pants and L or XL in shirts, when I was 160 I wore 11/12 pants and M shirts were somewhat loose. I have a big booty though so Im always having a hard time due to there usually is a gap in the waist of my pants
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    136.6lbs - 5'3" - size 4 US (jeans)
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    5'7
    138#
    8 pant
    11 junior jean
    medium top
    dress 4-8, depends on cut
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    141 pounds
    8 pants
    Small or medium top, usually medium
    6 or 8 in dresses
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    173, 5'8, Pant size's range by company and cut/style of pant. Right now i am 10-12 in pants. I can comfortable fit into a medium shirt but am mentally more comfortable in a large. My dresses range even more in sizes from 10-14.
  • showdeekay
    Options
    Depends on the brand and if I buy stretch or 100% cotton.. But I'm 176ish..size med/large shirts and size 12/13 jeans. I hate shopping so I literally stay in wind pants and tee shirts or an afghan lol
  • orly99
    orly99 Posts: 8
    Options
    153cm
    69.4kg
    size 12, medium AU (I need to shed my booty/thigh but want to keep my boobs lol)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    5'5
    154 lbs
    Comfortable size 8 and small or medium shirts depending on the place.
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    165 lbs..
    Size 8 or medium.