21 day fix extreme

E_Val
E_Val Posts: 27 Member
Hello! Newish here. Not digging Fitbit's calorie counter so figured I would try this one out again. Annnyhoo
I just finished 21 day fix real time a few days ago. Took Monday off and tryed morning meltdown 100 Tuesday. Meh didnt vibe with me so trying out 21 day fix extreme real time.
Has anyone done this one? Day one was plyometrics not a big fan but made it though.
Intrested in having some workout buddies on this one. I may need a little push.
I'm not doing it the standard 21 days straight I'm going to take at least one day off and double up whatever one I may have missed. Hope yall are killin it out there!
If anyone is interested in my results from 21 day fix let me know.

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I’ve done 21 Day Fix Extreme. I do prefer 21 Day Fix but Extreme is good too. It felt like a pretty big jump in difficulty though. I had to modify a lot more on Extreme than the regular program.

If you like Aubrey‘s style you should also check out 80 Day Obsession. I’m doing her booty workouts from that program and they are awesome. I would do the whole program but it doesn’t fit with my half marathon training so I’m just picking and choosing workouts from various programs right now.
  • E_Val
    Did you do the original extream or the real time version? I had to modify some of the first 21 day fix real time too. I know i will have to on this one for sure.
    I will definitely check out 80 day obsession when I finish this one.
    Sounds like you have a good workout plan. I hope you accomplish everything you want with that. :)
  • ByFaith4Life4Christ
    ByFaith4Life4Christ Posts: 69 Member
    I did not like mm100 either. Maybe one day I will try again. I am doing H&C 3 weeks left and was thinking about doing 21d extreme.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    I’ve done 21 day fix, 21 day fix real time and I’m currently in the middle of 21 day fix extreme real time ( day 11).
    I did a couple of rounds of the 21 day fix, then a couple of rounds of real time, then moved to real time extreme. For extreme I did week 1 three weeks in a row and then moved to week two.
    Autumn indicates in the real time extreme workouts that real time is easier than the original 21 day fix extreme; it bridges the gap between 21 day fix and extreme.
    So far, I enjoy the workouts and am able to do almost all without having to modify.
    I like the fact that there is no music because it ensures I hear the instructions.
    I’m not a huge fan of Plyo either, but it is only 30 minutes once each week and it does trigger the quick twitch muscle fibres. The biggest difference between 21 day fix and extreme is shorter breaks between exercises. This translates into more exercise during the 30 minutes. Some of the moves are the same, others are made more difficult or you continue to use heavier weights.
    I don’t use the containers. Although I’d like to be 120lbs, I’m at 126 (on a good day), my previous set point was 135, my highest weight was 145. I feel great and at 52 I am able to keep up with all those 30 somethings in the cast. Ok, I have to admit it — I don’t keep up on the cardio workout, but I do as much as I can for as long as I can.
    What I like the most about Autumn are the motivational statements she makes throughout like:
    - if you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done
    - don’t give in - break through

Happy to track with you if you’d like.

• E_Val
    I did not like mm100 either. Maybe one day I will try again. I am doing H&C 3 weeks left and was thinking about doing 21d extreme.

What is h&c?
  • E_Val
    I’ve done 21 day fix, 21 day fix real time and I’m currently in the middle of 21 day fix extreme real time ( day 11).
    I did a couple of rounds of the 21 day fix, then a couple of rounds of real time, then moved to real time extreme. For extreme I did week 1 three weeks in a row and then moved to week two.
    Autumn indicates in the real time extreme workouts that real time is easier than the original 21 day fix extreme; it bridges the gap between 21 day fix and extreme.
    So far, I enjoy the workouts and am able to do almost all without having to modify.
    I like the fact that there is no music because it ensures I hear the instructions.
    I’m not a huge fan of Plyo either, but it is only 30 minutes once each week and it does trigger the quick twitch muscle fibres. The biggest difference between 21 day fix and extreme is shorter breaks between exercises. This translates into more exercise during the 30 minutes. Some of the moves are the same, others are made more difficult or you continue to use heavier weights.
    I don’t use the containers. Although I’d like to be 120lbs, I’m at 126 (on a good day), my previous set point was 135, my highest weight was 145. I feel great and at 52 I am able to keep up with all those 30 somethings in the cast. Ok, I have to admit it — I don’t keep up on the cardio workout, but I do as much as I can for as long as I can.
    What I like the most about Autumn are the motivational statements she makes throughout like:
    - if you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done
    - don’t give in - break through

Happy to track with you if you’d like.

Ugh. This app is frustrating me. It keeps deleting my replays.
    SO lets see if using the laptop works this time.
    Im also not doing the containers. Calorie counting has worked for me in the past so im sure it will work for me again if I stick with it. Hardiest part is getting going.
    I really do love all the motivational things she says. The cast gets me though some of the more extreme things I don't think I can do. But seeing them or hearing them struggle with me is a great motivator too. One of these days I will be able to keep up with them. Its been a long road for me to even get to where I am at now. SO now that I am in a place that I can take care of my health and weight its on! After Extreme I need to find me some more hand weights. Kind of hard to get ah old of now but I want to try 80 day obsession. Then I will probably go back to the first real time if I dont find anything else that interests me. I dont like to repeat a workout to much. I did ripped in 30 and doing the same thing all week was making me a bit bonkers.
    Hope you get to your goals soon! :)
  • age_is_just_a_number
    I did day 12 yesterday — dirty 30. It was hard. Today is plyo, so I’m procrastinating. She warned us yesterday that today plyo would be with weights. Yikes! I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it with weights. That’s why I’m doing each week for three weeks and then moving on to the next week; it allows me to slow the progression of the exercises. This is my first week on week 2.

I hear you about not wanting to do the same workout for too long. That’s what I like about Beachbody on demand. I get the opportunity to try something different and can switch things up when I want.

I started my fitness journey 3 years ago. First really easy yoga, then more challenging yoga, then Beachbody PIYO with Chaleen, then Beachbody Brazil Butt Lift (BBL) with Leonardo, then 21 day fix, then real time, now real time extreme. I haven’t thought about what I’ll do next. But I also do add in workouts from ones I’ve done in the past. Like last week I added in BBL High and Tight and Timmy Tuck on different days. Those are my two favourite BBL workouts. I added High and Tight to extreme’s Pilates day and I did tummy tuck instead of the extreme hardcore. It just adds variety.

I work with a guy who Works out and weigh trains. I talk with him about different approaches and his advice was — change what you’re doing every 12 weeks. That is consistent advice with Patch, the founder of GoodLife Fitness clubs. So, that’s what I try to do.

In terms of weights, I really lucked out: in January I was debating joining a fitness club or buying equipment. I decided to buy equipment. I picked up a dumbbell weight set from Costco 2 each of 10, 15, 20, 25, 30pounds. I previously had some lighter weights. In January I also bought a pair of 12 pound. Extreme uses resistance bands on certain days. I was able to buy those recently on amazon. I also already had resistance loops and ankle weights. Finding dumbbells now is impossible. People need to be creative and are using other items like water bottles filled with sand and jugs of laundry detergent.

Hope you’re enjoying extreme.
  • E_Val
    I did day 12 yesterday — dirty 30. It was hard. Today is plyo, so I’m procrastinating. She warned us yesterday that today plyo would be with weights. Yikes! I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it with weights. That’s why I’m doing each week for three weeks and then moving on to the next week; it allows me to slow the progression of the exercises. This is my first week on week 2.

I hear you about not wanting to do the same workout for too long. That’s what I like about Beachbody on demand. I get the opportunity to try something different and can switch things up when I want.

I started my fitness journey 3 years ago. First really easy yoga, then more challenging yoga, then Beachbody PIYO with Chaleen, then Beachbody Brazil Butt Lift (BBL) with Leonardo, then 21 day fix, then real time, now real time extreme. I haven’t thought about what I’ll do next. But I also do add in workouts from ones I’ve done in the past. Like last week I added in BBL High and Tight and Timmy Tuck on different days. Those are my two favourite BBL workouts. I added High and Tight to extreme’s Pilates day and I did tummy tuck instead of the extreme hardcore. It just adds variety.

I work with a guy who Works out and weigh trains. I talk with him about different approaches and his advice was — change what you’re doing every 12 weeks. That is consistent advice with Patch, the founder of GoodLife Fitness clubs. So, that’s what I try to do.

In terms of weights, I really lucked out: in January I was debating joining a fitness club or buying equipment. I decided to buy equipment. I picked up a dumbbell weight set from Costco 2 each of 10, 15, 20, 25, 30pounds. I previously had some lighter weights. In January I also bought a pair of 12 pound. Extreme uses resistance bands on certain days. I was able to buy those recently on amazon. I also already had resistance loops and ankle weights. Finding dumbbells now is impossible. People need to be creative and are using other items like water bottles filled with sand and jugs of laundry detergent.

Hope you’re enjoying extreme.

Oh wow you have been doing all kinds of things on BeachBody! I will have to try some of them out! Sounds like you have a great workout routine. Hopefully week 2 isnt to insane. Let me know how the plyo goes with weights. I can't really see how it will work out. All that jumping around is hard enough.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Day 13 done! It wasn’t as difficult as I was expecting. 30 seconds on with 30 second rests. Pretty light weights as well. Autumn uses 5, 7.5 and one 10 lb weight. I used 4, 6, 7 and one 10. Most exercises you hold two weights, a couple of exercises you hold one weight. Some of the exercises don’t use weights.
    I felt so good at the end that I also did day 14, Pilates. The Pilates was pretty challenging. But I think it was particularly challenging because I did it right after plyo.
    Then I did a whole lot of stretching and some foam rolling. I find the short stretching at the end of the 21 day fix workouts is not nearly enough.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    I restarted week 2 today. So, did day 8 lower body plus 10 min hardcore. I was dragging a bit this morning. I did up my weights from last week. In this workout you do 30 seconds with weights, then drop the weights and do 30 plyo version of the same move. I modified most of the plyo versions by either just continuing with the weight and not jumping or dropping the weight and following kat without jumping. I still did the abs 10 min.

How are you doing with extreme?
  • E_Val
    I restarted week 2 today. So, did day 8 lower body plus 10 min hardcore. I was dragging a bit this morning. I did up my weights from last week. In this workout you do 30 seconds with weights, then drop the weights and do 30 plyo version of the same move. I modified most of the plyo versions by either just continuing with the weight and not jumping or dropping the weight and following kat without jumping. I still did the abs 10 min.

How are you doing with extreme?

I did cardio and hard cored today. I'm done with life for today it kicked my butt. I modified a few moved but did everything else. I'm on day 5. Can't wait to see next weeks challenges. Modifying helps so much depending on how sluggish i am that day.

• age_is_just_a_number
    Did day 9 cardio today. Had to modify a lot. I can’t seem to do the high knees fast or the squat - jump - lunge move. I march the high knees and step the squat - lunge and completely leave out the jump.
    I had a bit of time, so I also did BBL Upper Cut 13 minute workout. That one is good, but I’m challenged with doing things over my head, so did part of it without weights.
    Have a good day!
  • age_is_just_a_number
    I’ve continued with week two and then started week three this week. So far I’ve done day 15, 16 and 17. I really feel like this workout routine is making changes for me. I’ve been exercising for three years. Earlier this year I still feel like I couldn’t do a full burpee or a push-up. After 5.5 weeks of extreme, I’m doing both!
    I think I’m just pushing myself harder. But it feels good. I pause the video if I need more than 20 seconds to catch my breath, but I haven’t had to do very often.
    I’m going to finish this week 3, then I think I’m going to go back to week one of extreme and do the three weeks again.
    My weight and measurements haven’t changed this month. But I feel better/more energetic. Work has been really stressful right now, so the extreme helps me clear my head before my day.

Take care,
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    I started 21 Day Fix Extreme this week. I’m making adjustments so that it fits my life. I do BOD 5 days per week and walk 3-5 miles 7 days per week. So this week, I dropped Pilates extreme and yoga extreme. I also don’t have the band required and am not sure what I could use instead (for Pilates) so that adds to the decision. I finished cardio extreme plus hardcore today and man, was it tough!
  • age_is_just_a_number
    If you don’t have loops or bands, then do Pilates from the original 21 day fix or just do the extreme Pilates without the bands.
    I bought bodylastics resistance bands recently on amazon. They were more expensive but have a cord in them to create more safety if they snap.
    Loops are less expensive.
    You may also like Brazil butt lift high and tight workout. I do that after Pilates when I have extra time. High and tight also uses loops and ankle weights, but you can do the exercises without them.