I need advice from women about... woman things....

Options
124»

Replies

• Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Take a midol and get over it.

Didn't your momma ever tell you to be nice...if you can't relate to someone else...be quiet!

Thank you, saved me saying it. Some people are lucky enough not to suffer from bad periods and cravings so assume that everyone is exactly like them. Well lucky them but some of us actually don't get to be so lucky.

The the OP. I have always suffered badly at TOM and I used to crave chocolate and comfort food really badly but I have found since I have been eating more healthily that I still get the bad cramps and really bad moods but I don't seem to get the same cravings and I can take pain relief for the cramps but can't do anything about being a grump lol
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I find that exercise helps with the stomach cramps, so I just push that little extra hard, or go for longer. That way I can have that cream doughnut or chocolate bar, but my need is usually only for one day. The rest of the month I just blame it on tea o'clock, but I am getting better with it....
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    During that time I allow myself a cup of Annie's Kettle Corn. It's sweet, it's salty and it has crunch. All the things I crave. One cup has 70 calories. Not great, but it's better than the alternative of saying that food is forbidden and end up pigging out on it because you want it that much more.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Didn't your momma ever tell you to be nice...if you can't relate to someone else...be quiet!

Thank you, saved me saying it. Some people are lucky enough not to suffer from bad periods and cravings so assume that everyone is exactly like them. Well lucky them but some of us actually don't get to be so lucky.

The the OP. I have always suffered badly at TOM and I used to crave chocolate and comfort food really badly but I have found since I have been eating more healthily that I still get the bad cramps and really bad moods but I don't seem to get the same cravings and I can take pain relief for the cramps but can't do anything about being a grump lol

My periods suck just as much as every one else's, but I don't whine about it and use it as an excuse. You're gonna have to deal with it for the rest of your life unless you get pregnant or start menopause, so you may as well TAKE A MIDOL AND GET OVER IT.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I try not to have anything in the house that's worth binging on....for me which is sweets, I don't even have sugar or flour, so I cant bake anything lol
  • McCrabby
    McCrabby Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I try to get in as much exercise as I possibly can, and go into maintenance mode for the 3 days leading up to my menses. I struggle with PMDD, so I've learned to listen to my body (and hormonal mind), instead of trying to fight it.

Every body, every mind, and every month is going to be different from one person to the next. Just try your hardest to listen to your body, fuel it with good foods, get in your exercise, and indulge in moderation when you just have to have it!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm always better when I am working out- so I push through. If I stop working out- I get bad cramps (meaning if I am working out a lot less- the next time it hits will be worse- so more 'the average' than a specific day)

I do take a midol and get over it.

But I do have some chocolate or ice cream or goofy *kitten* coffee drink that I want and either compensate by adding something else work out related in OR I just eat less of something else.

I don't just eat more crap and call it a wash. I make sure I stay within 2-300 calories of my goal and don't OVER eat just because I had extra food- either I cut something out or I work out more. It's not an excuse to binge.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I workout hard and get over it. I log everything I eat, just like always.

ETA: My periods are painful, I have tons of cramps, I get super-exhausted too. I refuse to use having a period as an excuse to get off track or to feel sorry for myself. I suck it up and keep on going. I find that when I do that, I feel better faster.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have one day like that.... the next I'm so sick to my stomach I can barely eat anything.
    So it evens itself out.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like is bloating when I have something important to look nice for and my pants feel uncomfortable. Grrr.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I find upping my iron intake, and my potassium (to counter the extra salt I must have) really helps with the cravings. For the moods, some dissolving B12 tabs, some extra tissues, and a note on your door saying "Beware of irrational woman with no word filter."