Extremely slow progress! What is going on?!

Options
13»

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend. Try "ketosis". Obviously it doesn't happen to everyone. It's really not anything that sugar free gum can't fix.

While I'm here I'll just say that I am very reticent to post in this place because there is always someone who will suggest that you are wrong, or lying, or making it up. It's worse than Facebook.

It’s not necessary to be in ketosis to lose fat. I lost 125 lbs, mostly fat, without ever dropping below 150 g carbs daily.

However, it’s true that ketosis creates horrifying breath. I compare it to the smell of a dead squirrel in a trash can on a hot day. I never thought about what that breath tastes like, yuck. The smell is supposed to be acetone, but I’ve smelled acetone and it doesn’t smell like that.

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    OP if you are still reading. It's extremely uncommon for my weight to be stable for more than 5 days if I am actively and carefully attempting to lose weight. I'd suggest that you maintain your exercise, and slowly reduce your food intake. Between 10-33 calories a day. Hopefully you see a loss within a week or two.

Keep a written record of your daily intake, exercise and weigh daily. If you find weighing daily too much try as often as you can. If you are still not losing in 2 weeks post here with your numbers.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Reduce your calories by 10 - 33 a day??

Boy, that would be slow adjustment.

I agree with your basic advice - but I would make adjustments a bit faster than that.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Take a blood test, blood profile. Check your A1C long term glucose levels, insulin resistance and get a picture of what's going on there, too.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm fascinated by the directions this thread has taken!

OP is a shorter female doing a modicum of daily exercise and eating 1900 cals per day. She's eating too much to lose weight.

yes thats it in a nutshell ( or a bird cage ;) )

OP is eating too much without doing the activity level to balance it out

with your stats and the level of activity/excercise you are doing you need to reduce your calories