Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

When you lose weight do others ask about your partner's health jouney

mkprettyme83mkprettyme83 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
Hello I have been on my weight loss journey 18 months. I started out weighing 280, i am currently 198. Finally under 200. My man is heavy set but I love every pound of him lol. However when ppl approach me they always ask "how is he doing on his journey?" The thing is I never mentioned that he is trying to lose weight. Are they trying to be funny and mean or what?

Replies

• harper16harper16 Member Posts: 1,646 Member Member Posts: 1,646 Member
    They might just be assuming that you are losing the weight as a team.
  • poisonessepoisonesse Member Posts: 470 Member Member Posts: 470 Member
    I've honestly never had that happen. I've had people ask if the hubby was also "on a diet" (as most people phrase it). But the next time it happens, just say "why do you ask?" An innocent question can derail a sarcastic/wise *kitten* comment, and possibly find out why they ask if it's truly an innocent one.
  • mhassan160mhassan160 Member Posts: 250 Member Member Posts: 250 Member
    Hello I have been on my weight loss journey 18 months. I started out weighing 280, i am currently 198. Finally under 200. My man is heavy set but I love every pound of him lol. However when ppl approach me they always ask "how is he doing on his journey?" The thing is I never mentioned that he is trying to lose weight. Are they trying to be funny and mean or what?

Congratulations girl!
    My starting weight was 270lb and he was 260lb , I was so serious about losing weight and now I’m at 220lb and he still 260lb pretends supporting me but sometimes I feel he is jealous 🤷‍♀️ , anyway I just try to focus on me.