When you lose weight do others ask about your partner's health jouney

Options
Hello I have been on my weight loss journey 18 months. I started out weighing 280, i am currently 198. Finally under 200. My man is heavy set but I love every pound of him lol. However when ppl approach me they always ask "how is he doing on his journey?" The thing is I never mentioned that he is trying to lose weight. Are they trying to be funny and mean or what?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    They might just be assuming that you are losing the weight as a team.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've honestly never had that happen. I've had people ask if the hubby was also "on a diet" (as most people phrase it). But the next time it happens, just say "why do you ask?" An innocent question can derail a sarcastic/wise *kitten* comment, and possibly find out why they ask if it's truly an innocent one.
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been on my weight loss journey 18 months. I started out weighing 280, i am currently 198. Finally under 200. My man is heavy set but I love every pound of him lol. However when ppl approach me they always ask "how is he doing on his journey?" The thing is I never mentioned that he is trying to lose weight. Are they trying to be funny and mean or what?

Congratulations girl!
    My starting weight was 270lb and he was 260lb , I was so serious about losing weight and now I’m at 220lb and he still 260lb pretends supporting me but sometimes I feel he is jealous 🤷‍♀️ , anyway I just try to focus on me.
  • chasitystiff2514
    Options
    They are being funny and mean
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    i think people are just curious, lady at my gym went from 228 to 138 and her husband is heavy and I wonder if he is losing in the same household.
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You’re doing great!!

I think they are just asking and being interested in him, maybe assuming you’re doing it together or maybe assuming it “rubs off” onto your partner.

It’s even worse for me. My wife and I joined a group fitness kind of gym together. We both did great with losing weight and getting healthier. But she fell off and went back to old habits. Hasn’t been to the gym since March/covid shutdown.

Now, at least once or twice a week someone there will ask about her- when is she going back, has she been working out at home etc. I never know what to say. They are just interested-I know they like her- she’s very likable! Also they almost always ask me to say hello and tell her that they miss her etc.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!