This is unfair...

Options
124»

Replies

• mrs_n_mommy
    mrs_n_mommy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    know what..I had a fairly good last week and a slightly bad weekend food wise...and to see a poor end of the week weigh in I was pretty upset....I wrote that post hoping to see some response like 'tell me abt it" sorts...but wht was I thinking...u guys are a winning team and every word of every reply is exactly what I wanted...I have read and reread it...

here is some background:

I have failed too many times with weight loss...when I started yet again March I thought this was it..all I wanted was 20lbs...I have been wanting to lose atleast 10 lbs since Apr...might sound like a petty goal to many of you...not sure if any one can relate to me telling abt my struggle at all...I have lost 5 and has been going back n forth on the next 3 lbs for the past month...I have the support and encouragement of my family and just to know soooo many of you took your time to respond just reassures me how important it is...thanks a ton and I really hope to post a positive update soon...

in addition to the straight talk,lots of useful tips...kudos to each of you...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I'll drink to that*.

* - providing it's within my calorie and protein goals. :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    know what..I had a fairly good last week and a slightly bad weekend food wise...and to see a poor end of the week weigh in I was pretty upset....I wrote that post hoping to see some response like 'tell me abt it" sorts...but wht was I thinking...u guys are a winning team and every word of every reply is exactly what I wanted...I have read and reread it...

here is some background:

I have failed too many times with weight loss...when I started yet again March I thought this was it..all I wanted was 20lbs...I have been wanting to lose atleast 10 lbs since Apr...might sound like a petty goal to many of you...not sure if any one can relate to me telling abt my struggle at all...I have lost 5 and has been going back n forth on the next 3 lbs for the past month...I have the support and encouragement of my family and just to know soooo many of you took your time to respond just reassures me how important it is...thanks a ton and I really hope to post a positive update soon...

Wow that's not what I was expecting. Kudos to you OP. :flowerforyou:
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

here is some background:

Wow that's not what I was expecting. Kudos to you OP. :flowerforyou:

I agree!! If you can take the experience & knowledge from the people on here who are succeeding & struggling too, without getting offended, you are winning already :)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

here is some background:

:drinker:

Look forward to hearing your update. :flowerforyou:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    YAY OP!!

I look forward to the update!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

here is some background:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a future success story right here!

Congratulations for breaking through the mental wall that causes so many to never even try in the first place.

And you will find, I promise, that as with anything, if you stick to it for a couple of weeks, it will quickly become intuitive and routine. Then, gradually and steadily, you will shrink, the numbers on the scale will step down, and you will love your body again.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options

here is some background:

Nice! Great job taking responsibility for yourself. That's the "secret" to success.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Everyone who loves food like I do knows how hard it is to pick the right food meal after meal. That means 5 right choices a day(3 meals and 2 snacks). So 35 times of doing the right thing in a week, which is wayyy too tuff. All I have to do it do 2 or 3 bad choices and the scale screams. That is after doing a moderate workout of 3-4 times a week. This is sooo not fair. Looks like I'm set up for failure.

Easy solution - stop loving food.

use foood for nutriton, not for emotions or pleasure. I mean you can enjoy food and even delicious food, but when you start eating healthy, and not overeating, like if you previouisly dind't care for fruit, now that you are not eating sweets for example, the fruit will taste like the best dessert evah.

Its not that hard really,, just make good choices. after awhile its not hard. you will crave the good stuff. especially whne the bad stuff destroys all the hard work you do all week, just to blow it on unhealthy food you love.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think maybe it's more your attitude that is setting you up for failure. I know it's really hard, but you just need to take this journey one meal at a time. Make one good choice, then move on to the next. I have always struggled with beating myself up when I make a bad choice, and feeling like I've blown it. I had to come to see that one bad choice does not undo all of my progress and will not keep me from losing weight (or at his point, maintaining my weight). The important thing is to not let one poor choice lead to another. In other words, don't think, "well, I've already screwed up today, so I might as well eat some cookies now", and "I'll start again tomorrow, or Monday, for example and tomorrow or Monday never comes. When you make a poor choice (and we all do at some point), just decide right then and there to get right back on track and make a good choice next time.

You can do this!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Learning how to make better choices is a habit - and like everything else, it takes a while to form better habits, and even longer to get rid of the bad habits. I go to a really good nutritionist and one of her things is "Make wise choices MOST of the time." Not all the time - you have to live. You go out with friends, you go out to eat, you have a great snack, etc., but that doesn't have to derail the overall picture.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The only thing unfair is that pizza has so many calories!! and it tastes so good! and Taco Bell. (well I think it does).

So you cant change that fact, so you may as well change what you CAN, that is what you put in your mouth.

You have to decide in your head, are you going to eat it or not. Thats it.

the world is full of unfairness, but that doesn't stop anyone who wants something bad enough.

it begins IN YOUR MIND.