Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Exercise versus food intake

Nurseali375Nurseali375 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
Good morning everyone, I have a question about calorie intake. My fitness pal gives me an extra 400 cal because of working out. In order for me to lose weight I am not to eat those calories correct?

Replies

• janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 23,117 Member Member Posts: 23,117 Member
    If you told MFP your goal was to lose weight when you set up your account, your calorie goal already puts you at a deficit. The intention is for you to eat your exercise calories back because MFP doesn't take any exercise into account when giving you a calorie goal. If you want to be active, you need to eat to fuel that activity (yes, even while you're losing weight).

• Nurseali375Nurseali375 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks so much that’s what I figured but wasn’t sure 😊
  • jjlbrickjjlbrick Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    I think yesterday I exercised 2000 calories worth. I did eat some but not all of them.i rode 65 miles in hot muggy conditions. I was more thirsty than hungry. I look at it this way I will eat the allotted calories for being active my weight & age. The earned additional ones are there for eating ice cream occasionally. Or eating larger steak. Eating out situations .