Calorie Counter

Message Boards Getting Started
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

PCOS Ladies... Help 💔

AshleyBK0620AshleyBK0620 Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
Hey. I have tried several different diets and I just need some help and direction. Any PCOS ladies out there who can help me and point me in the right direction? I don’t know what else to try to help me lose the weight.
#pcos #sendhelp #obesemess #whattodo #unhappy 💔💔💔

Replies

• harper16harper16 Member Posts: 1,561 Member Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    I have PCOS and I don't follow any named diet. I just try and becareful with my calories, and the weight is coming off slowly and steadily.

Have you used a food scale and tracked your calories?
  • AshleyBK0620AshleyBK0620 Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    I have tried a calorie counting diet, I have tried keto, Atkins, docs drops calorie deficiency diet, done a food diary, almost everything. Girl I don't know what to try next. I feel hopeless.
  • hipoudahhipoudah Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hello,
    I think the best thing is to try doing some workout; I have PCOS, I'm doing a 500 calories deficit and an alternated 30minutes cardio workout; I'm able to lose weight gradually(1kg per week which is optimal).
    I think the diet alone won't be as efficient because we tend to have a slow metabolism.
    Good luck ^^.
  • yirarayirara Member Posts: 5,132 Member Member Posts: 5,132 Member
    Calorie counting is not a diet. It's just knowing how many calories you consume. How long did you do it, and did you use a foodscale for everything you ate? How much did you lose?
  • LKArghLKArgh Member Posts: 5,121 Member Member Posts: 5,121 Member
    Hey. I have tried several different diets and I just need some help and direction. Any PCOS ladies out there who can help me and point me in the right direction? I don’t know what else to try to help me lose the weight.
    #pcos #sendhelp #obesemess #whattodo #unhappy 💔💔💔

eat less, move more, count calories
    you need nothing more, I was first diagnosed with pcos almost 30 years ago, it works
  • risingmoonstexasrisingmoonstexas Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    I would discuss it with your doctor. I definitely get what you are going through. I canceled my gym membership and did 9Rounds before I had a car accident and that really helped me. The entire group is on a timer, so it isn't like you are holding someone up. Then you switch stations.

Other than that, I finally had to opt for surgery.

Maybe get a trainer?
  • MessyBunBoyMomMessyBunBoyMom Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    I have PCOS and while I have always struggled with weight and had my fair share of different "diets" really it always comes down to calories in vs calories out, moving more, and being patient and not expecting fast results.