1 food you don't eat

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited October 2020
    Shrimp/crayfish/similar but only if their feet and or heads are still on. I cannot handle it! Otherwise I eat them lol.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Avocado because I’m intolerant. I don’t like cinnamon, cilantro, oranges, especially orange juice, and celery.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    RAW broccoli. I LOVE broccoli but cannot tolerate it raw. Which is weird because I am fine with other raw cruciferous veggies
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2020
    RAW broccoli. I LOVE broccoli but cannot tolerate it raw. Which is weird because I am fine with other raw cruciferous veggies

I never thought of this but weird me too! I aways cringe at those raw broccoli platters or raw broccoli on salads. I absolutely LOVE cooked broccoli though.

But also on that note, I don't eat collard greens or any "cooked greens".
  • pancakerunner

I never thought of this but weird me too! I aways cringe at those raw broccoli platters or raw broccoli on salads. I absolutely LOVE cooked broccoli though.

But also on that note, I don't eat collard greens or any "cooked greens".

Same! Unless it is spinach artichoke dip lol
  • EmilyEnough
    EmilyEnough Posts: 67 Member
    won't try oysters. nope.
  • pancakerunner
    won't try oysters. nope.

LOVE oysters and mussels!!!
  • pancakerunner
    sardines. can't do it.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    I'm vegetarian, so no meat or seafood. Also I hate brussel sprouts.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Animal products aside, carrots. I'm able to at least tolerate every other vegetable. Have always hated carrots.
  • svj72
    svj72 Posts: 13 Member
    Brussel sprouts.. Ive tried lots of ways to eat them.. nope, I just don't like them.

Baby ones are slightly more palatable.. but still a no :(

one of my favorite vegetables!

I try them every so often because I know tastes change over time, .. I never ate tomato till I was 30 and love it now 😁

I've not enjoyed them yet... maybe someday.

Kangaroo.. 🤢

My parents went on a trip to Australia. Several restaurants that catered mostly to tourists were pushing people to try kangaroo as some kind of cultural experience.

When you come here, we don't make you try bald eagle!

• domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Brussel sprouts.. Ive tried lots of ways to eat them.. nope, I just don't like them.

Baby ones are slightly more palatable.. but still a no :(

one of my favorite vegetables!

I try them every so often because I know tastes change over time, .. I never ate tomato till I was 30 and love it now 😁

I've not enjoyed them yet... maybe someday.

Kangaroo.. 🤢

My parents went on a trip to Australia. Several restaurants that catered mostly to tourists were pushing people to try kangaroo as some kind of cultural experience.

When you come here, we don't make you try bald eagle!

I have lived in Australia my whole life and I was a meat eater for most of that time (apart from roughly the last two years). I have never eaten kangaroo and it's not that common in restaurants or cafes. But for some reason the places that target tourists do put kangaroo on the menu. Kangaroo has only really become more popular in the last five years or so in the supermarkets but it's more among the very enthusiastic gym goers/body builders. Kangaroo meat is apparently very high in protein and low in fat.
  • DomienS
    DomienS Posts: 11 Member
    Fennel. It's the worst.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,685 Member
    DomienS wrote: »
    Fennel. It's the worst.

Powder; seeds or vegetable? I love them all!!
  • pancakerunner
    DomienS wrote: »
    Fennel. It's the worst.

I like roasted fennel!
  • Caviar. I’ve tasted the really expensive kinds too. It’s just slimy and gross with little balls that pop squishily in one’s mouth.
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Beets. Omfg. Gag.
  • pancakerunner
    christys03 wrote: »
    Beets. Omfg. Gag.

thank you!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    christys03 wrote: »
    Beets. Omfg. Gag.

might as well eat a spoonful of dirt huh!!!