Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What training can I do from home?

jacqQ2017jacqQ2017 Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
Gym's are soon opening here in the UK, but even when they open I'm going to struggle juggling childcare and work commitments (childcare in the day, work in the evening!) All the advice I read on here says follow a training programme - but I've got limited equipment here.

Looking on line there are lots of programmes for equipment free lockdown workouts - lots of people saying their workouts are the best, pay a little money for them, they will give you results etc.

Has anyone bought any of these equipment-free designed for home use programmes? Any recommendations?

Replies

  • middlehaitchmiddlehaitch Member Posts: 8,218 Member Member Posts: 8,218 Member
    There are plenty of equipmentless/ minimum equipment home routines on YouTube for free. You really don’t need to pay for a general strengthening goal routine unless you have specific requirements.

    Personally for a beginner I like Nerdfitness and Hasfit. They are simple and effective.

    Cheers, h.
  • HeLieraHeLiera Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I love Caroline Girvan on YouTube.
  • RockingWithLJRockingWithLJ Member Posts: 83 Member Member Posts: 83 Member
    I bought Beachbody on demand for the year for $99 back in February. There are a ton of programs on there that do not require more than water, a towel, and a good mindset.
  • ebonyrocheebonyroche Member Posts: 430 Member Member Posts: 430 Member
    I use fitness blender. They have videos on YouTube but you can also sign up on their website. They have free videos or you can subscribe to their structured fitness plans.
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,514 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,514 MFP Moderator
    I ran Beachbody programs for years but if i had to do it again, I would probably run AthleanX Zero program to start and then move to AX-1 if you have some equipment.
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 5,544 Member Member Posts: 5,544 Member
    I'm following Sydney Cummings on YouTube, but you will need dumbbells. Do you not have any? If not, she also has no-equipment needed workouts.
  • ChieflrgChieflrg Member Posts: 8,437 Member Member Posts: 8,437 Member
    There are plenty of ways to achieve stimulus with things we find available around the house. I usually have clients who have limited equipment start with loaded water jugs, stairs, loaded back pack, suitcase, resistance bands, broom, chairs, laundry bag, tool box, etc...

    I wouldn't advice purchasing any program that promises results while offering a cookie cutter template and doesn't reflect what equipment you have available and details about you as a person and your current adaptations. Could and have they "worked" for others? Sure, but again others who might have different adaptations than you.

    I encourage you to search for avenues that are mirror your adaptations, time, equipment access, and ROI on the money you chose to invest.
  • jacqQ2017jacqQ2017 Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    I suppose I feel that if I was following some sort of program it would be more beneficial than selecting a new work out on youtube every day. (Although my fitness has improved so far using this method!)


    Thanks to everyone who's replied, lots of good options it seems.

    I'm following Sydney Cummings on YouTube, but you will need dumbbells. Do you not have any? If not, she also has no-equipment needed workouts.
    Thanks will have a look. Yes, have some.
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I ran Beachbody programs for years but if i had to do it again, I would probably run AthleanX Zero program to start and then move to AX-1 if you have some equipment.
    Thanks, have seen some of his youtube vids, he seems to know his stuff.
    ebonyroche wrote: »
    I use fitness blender. They have videos on YouTube but you can also sign up on their website. They have free videos or you can subscribe to their structured fitness plans.
    Thank you - would be good to have some variation!
    HeLiera wrote: »
    I love Caroline Girvan on YouTube.
    Not heard of her, will definitely look her up :)
    I bought Beachbody on demand for the year for $99 back in February. There are a ton of programs on there that do not require more than water, a towel, and a good mindset.
    Cheers, will also look at this.
    There are plenty of equipmentless/ minimum equipment home routines on YouTube for free. You really don’t need to pay for a general strengthening goal routine unless you have specific requirements.

    Personally for a beginner I like Nerdfitness and Hasfit. They are simple and effective.

    Cheers, h.
    Have heard of nerdfitness but not hasfit. Thanks.
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    There are plenty of ways to achieve stimulus with things we find available around the house. I usually have clients who have limited equipment start with loaded water jugs, stairs, loaded back pack, suitcase, resistance bands, broom, chairs, laundry bag, tool box, etc...

    I wouldn't advice purchasing any program that promises results while offering a cookie cutter template and doesn't reflect what equipment you have available and details about you as a person and your current adaptations. Could and have they "worked" for others? Sure, but again others who might have different adaptations than you.

    I encourage you to search for avenues that are mirror your adaptations, time, equipment access, and ROI on the money you chose to invest.

    Thanks, I really want to lift heavy, the dumbells max out at 14kg each - I could probably do more with them, but I'm really missing deadlifts, heavy squats and benchpress (which I would love a bench for - I would get a gymball but my little ones would use it as a football and no spare room to put stuff in). I'd love an olympic bar bell but they're pricey, and I'm not too sure what length I want and which plates are compatible with which types. Hoping to pick up something secondhand, but stuff is being snapped up quick at the moment with gyms open but very much restricted here.
    edited August 3
  • pallsworthpallsworth Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I would suggest checking out Zeus Fitness on YouTube as he has a wide range of workouts and a lot of them are using body weight only so no equipment needed.
Sign In or Register to comment.