Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sin foods - give them up or change/reduce them?

13»

Replies

• CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    For me it was all about portion sizes. I already was eating whole wheat everything including pasta and ground turkey instead of beef. It was just eating too big of portions. at first calorie counting is all i needed and now im at abit of a stand still so im watching sodium since ive noticed it as high
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    I've done a little of both, though I never intended to give up anything. It seems like my taste buds have changed a little since I started this process in May, and some of the things I used to really like just don't have the same appeal to me anymore-- french fries, for instance. I can never resist nabbing one off my husband's plate when he orders them since they always smell so good, but I'm finding myself consistently put off after that first one due to the oily, starchy after-taste they leave behind. I think I'm pretty much done with them-- not because I don't think I have the willpower to only eat a few and stay at my calorie goal, but because they just seem kind of gross these days.

Other foods, I've tried to change the way I think about them. I used to drink about four sodas a day-- was completely addicted to the stuff. I decided that since I still like the taste of soda, I ought to start thinking about it as a treat instead of what I reach for whenever I'm thirsty, so now it is in the same category for me as chocolate cake. I love chocolate cake. Do I eat chocolate cake every day? No. I have it rarely and appreciate it when I do have it as a special treat. Same thing with soda now. :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    for the most part reduce portion sizes, but i will change recipes to include more veggies. i can't think of one thing i have eliminated completely.